marantz help

beat

marantz help
« on: 23 Jan 2003, 05:26 pm »
Has anyone replaced a soft start relay here? Is this fairly simple or should I take it in. I'm not bad with mechanical things but if it is a circuit board thing I'm alittle hesitant. its a mid seventies 2240b

Night Wolf

marantz help
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2003, 09:21 pm »
what is wrong with it?

I have heard that on high powerd vintage amps and rec. that you should have a extenral way of turning it on and off, as it get's to be real rough on the power switch over the years, although I have perosnaly not had any trouble with any of my units.

maybe if you get more specific on your problem, someone could help.

beat

marantz help
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2003, 09:28 pm »
thanks,
when you punch the power button on, it buzzes lightly from inside somewhere..then louder..louder...then .bing!  It's on. yesterday though, it didnt want to stay binged. it eventually did but at first it clicked back and forth a few times. bummer

Night Wolf

marantz help
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jan 2003, 02:27 am »
hmmmmm

maybe try pluging the unit into a power strip, and levae the power switch on the Marantz on all the time, and turn it on and off by the switch on the power strip?

beat

marantz help
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jan 2003, 08:00 pm »
that is a thought,
worth a try. Like I said it works fine it just sometimes (like me) has a hard time getting up in the morning. I dont know how much I trust the repair places around here so that could be the answer