tubes aren't dead !!

2bigears

tubes aren't dead !!
« on: 8 Nov 2022, 07:39 pm »
 :D that little ufo2 decware amp has a near 2000 build waiting list.  this must be one good little couple of watts. love to try one indeed.  wonder how they would mate with the M3's I have in boxes waiting.  :D

musicdre

• reality is the base
    • art site
Re: tubes aren't dead !!
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2022, 08:33 pm »
a 2000 build waiting list would take many years, right?  wow

2bigears

« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2022, 09:24 pm »
 :D a year you would think. Are they all on to something good ? A home run amp maybe ?  I'd sure like to hear one.  A budget great sounding tube amp.  :D

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #3 on: 8 Nov 2022, 09:30 pm »
2 to 3 years

Good amps, most of those on the wait list have never heard one, they are just buying what a couple of reviewers are selling.
I wouldn't wait that long for one. If you search a lot you may be able to buy a used one, I got a year old UFO a couple of months back (traded it to a Decware fan friend).

2bigears

« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2022, 12:26 am »
 :D seems crazy to wait two years. The 🌏 Might end before that even. They do have other amps ready to go I might buy.  I want the midrange only tubes can give. Highs and bass are nice ,,but that glorious midrange of voices and softer instruments are so cool.  :D

mick wolfe

« Reply #5 on: 9 Nov 2022, 03:37 pm »
:D seems crazy to wait two years. The 🌏 Might end before that even. They do have other amps ready to go I might buy.  I want the midrange only tubes can give. Highs and bass are nice ,,but that glorious midrange of voices and softer instruments are so cool.  :D

Yeah, I called a few months back and was quoted a year and a half delivery for that little amp. I told the young lady at Decware that I could be dead by then. Didn't seem to appreciate my sense of humor. Seems a clone of that amp could be DIYed as an option :scratch:

genjamon

« Reply #6 on: 9 Nov 2022, 04:29 pm »
Pretty cool that they maintain a real-time list of orders.  Just looked, and there are currently 1,933 orders active, and the orders at the top of the list they are currently working are from May 2021.  But I suppose that's not necessarily indicative it will take a year and a half to process.  We don't know how many active orders they had in May 2021, nor if their staffing has been or will remain consistent from that time all the way through completion of the current list.  Still, it's a lot more transparency than you get from most any other manufacturer.

2bigears

« Reply #7 on: 9 Nov 2022, 05:08 pm »
 :D I would buy one today if they had them. They are losing business. I guess they are doing that good they can't find builders ? How long would it take to build one of those little units ? Is it that they want to stay Ma and Pa ?  It's lost revenue and in this day and age why would you let this go on ? Henry Ford would hire more hands and build a tube mill across the road.. :D