Tube connector arrival update....

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: Tube connector arrival update....
« Reply #20 on: 20 Aug 2020, 05:14 pm »
The postal service is all screwed up right now, way worse than normal. I's got my paycheck all messed up as well.  :evil:

JakeJ

« Reply #21 on: 20 Aug 2020, 06:28 pm »
That's odd, Danny.  All international DHL shipments for my area in rural SE WA lands at SeaTac and is put on a truck or van and driven the 250 miles (~3.5 hours if you speed) and is delivered to my door.  Things may have changed.  UPS is the only shipper I know of that handles US Mail in bulk.  In your area DHL hands final delivery over to the USPS?  I suppose that keeps their vehicles in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for better metropolitan coverage.

Man, shipping is getting so flaky and expensive it's just ridiculous.  Taking some of the fun out of the hobby.

Early B.

« Reply #22 on: 20 Aug 2020, 07:19 pm »
The postal service is all screwed up right now, way worse than normal.

Yep. I'm repeatedly getting delayed USPS shipments. The new postmaster general should be fired. So far, amazon's delivery service has been excellent, with products often arriving a day earlier.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #23 on: 20 Aug 2020, 07:27 pm »
The only issues I've had with the post office lately has been them driving past our box because there's a neighbors car within 10ft. Meanwhile, they will happily pull into our neighbors driveway to get around the same car that is 2-3 feet from their mailbox...  :roll:

AlexH

« Reply #24 on: 20 Aug 2020, 10:13 pm »
Quote from: JakeJ   In your area DHL hands final delivery over to the USPS?  [/quote

DHL in our area often hands off to USPS.

I ordered an item from a city 2 hours from me recently via USPS. It took 4 days to get here having been shipped the same day of the order. That 3 days longer than normal!!

Danny Richie

« Reply #25 on: 21 Aug 2020, 02:13 pm »
Tube connectors just walked in the door.

We have a LOT of orders to fill now.

Orders will go out in the order that they came in.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: 21 Aug 2020, 02:19 pm »
Yay! Finally! :thumb:

DonJoe

« Reply #27 on: 25 Aug 2020, 12:27 am »
That is great news Danny!  Account receivables just got a giant smile I am sure.

You mentioned that my order was waiting on the tube connectors and copper foil inductors.  Did the inductors also arrive? 

Thanks Danny!

Donjoe

Danny Richie

« Reply #28 on: 25 Aug 2020, 02:24 am »
Lots of orders went out today.

I am waiting on more inductors to arrive (hundreds of them shipped last Friday), but not foil inductors.