Rythmik A370PEQ amp -- does it run hot?

bfs21

Rythmik A370PEQ amp -- does it run hot?
« on: 7 Nov 2021, 12:39 am »
Working on a setup involving H-frame OB subs. According to the current design the A370PEQ servo amps would be in a cabinet. Quite a large one, with lots of room within, but an enclosed space nonetheless. 

Does anyone know if the A370PEQ amps run hot?

If so, would anyone recommend the Hypex servo amp options as an alternative? I'm assuming those run cooler but have no first-hand knowledge. Any thoughts welcome.

subsonic1050

Re: Rythmik A370PEQ amp -- does it run hot?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Nov 2021, 01:04 am »
My experience is that it does not run hot at all.

Squeaks

« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2021, 07:45 pm »
Mine are warm after 4-6 hours. But nothing alarmingly hot. Just a normal amplifier doing its job.

russellberg

« Reply #3 on: 14 Dec 2021, 05:06 am »
I have mine in a box without air holes and even after 2-3 hours at high volume it is barely above room temp.

jules

« Reply #4 on: 14 Dec 2021, 06:00 am »
but an enclosed space nonetheless.

Could you include an air vent? I installed mine in its own vented box and with almost any amp, the cooler you can keep it running, the better it is for longevity of components.

russellberg

« Reply #5 on: 14 Dec 2021, 03:17 pm »
For sure, I had originally intended to do that but I forgot about it until I had it all together.  I may still cut some slots in the sides.

tom739

« Reply #6 on: 14 Dec 2021, 03:26 pm »
These amps to not get hot at all. They are made to be mounted in a  closed, sealed sub box. That is why the heat sinks are on the outside of the plate.

vinylistic

« Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2021, 07:06 pm »
Interesting thread...  I've wondered about other's experience with heat, and running the 3-sub version.  I run dual amps each to the dual 12" OB setup.
I think music choices and volume levels play a critical part in the answer you seek.

On Friday / Saturday afternoons & evenings (with a few cocktails or edibles) playing Headless Horseman, Adam Beyer, Dave Clarke, Mike Huckaby etc sets at higher volume for hours results in the ability to cook steaks on the amps.  A few weekends back had something far better than alcohol, and one amp actually shut down.. which was a first (system was at max capacity (and then some) for a good 3 hours straight). 

Amps are housed in the flat packs Jay makes.   Everyday operation they're just warm.
I suspect it's a small sample of folks who bang hard techno (or heavier bass) thru these for hours on end.  I'd like to add a sub to either side, but fear it'd be too much... always wondered if those who have the 3-sub setup have heat issues..

NoahH

« Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2021, 09:27 pm »
Bigger question is if Hobbs or Danny has any word from Rythmik on when these are available again...

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 17 Dec 2021, 02:41 am »
All we know is sometime after new years unfortunately.
But likely sometime in February/March

NoahH

« Reply #10 on: 17 Dec 2021, 02:52 am »
All we know is sometime after new years unfortunately.
But likely sometime in February/March