Sealed servo sub and amp hookup questions

bryanl9581

Sealed servo sub and amp hookup questions
« on: 16 Mar 2021, 11:22 pm »
These are probably some dumb guy questions, but here goes.

I just got the plate amp today and I am thinking through how I will make the connections.  I thought I read somewhere that Danny does not recommend mounting the amp to the subwoofer box due to vibrations.  Therefore, I was thinking about mounting four binding posts to the back of the box and connecting the insides to the driver.  I would then connect the wires coming out of the amp to the binding posts with banana plugs (or tube connectors).  Please let me know if this does not make sense.

I am also not sure about how to make the connections to the driver.  I don't know what the spring loaded terminals are called on the driver and I don't know whether the wires should be soldered to them or whether the bare wire should pass through the hole in the terminal.  The wires coming from the amp has Faston connectors, so I am not sure how they are intended to be connected to the driver terminals (if I wasn't going the binding post route).

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Edgar77

Re: Sealed servo sub and amp hookup questions
« Reply #1 on: 17 Mar 2021, 12:14 am »
Rythmik Audio makes these amplifiers and they put them in the box. It seems to be no problem.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/index.html

Danny Richie

• Facilitator
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2021, 12:31 pm »
There is no issue mounting the amp to the box.

And there are a number of ways to connect the wiring from the amp to the woofer. Either of your options works fine for this application.

bryanl9581

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2021, 02:25 pm »
Great, thanks for correcting me!  I must have mixed up something.