Rythmik F12G vs V2HM ?

Guy 13

Rythmik F12G vs V2HM ?
« on: 11 Feb 2015, 02:35 pm »

Hi all,
If I post here on Danny’s property, (I hope he doesn’t mind) first; it’s because Rythmik don’t have their own site
and second; I bought my two (02) Rythmik A370PEQ from Danny.
My two Rythmik were set aside because I am now using my V2HM,
HM stand for: Heavily Modified) I prefer the sound of my V2HM to the Rythmik, but today I decided to power them up, because the electronics needs to exercise once in a while, so, every three months I power them up and play some music for about 15 minutes.
Today I compared them to my V1HM who’s the bass section is made of: Two Eminence 12” Acoustinator in H frame configuration with a GR Research SA-1 250 Watts ss plate amplifier.
After some tuning on the zillions knobs and switches I came to very good results.
I would recommend the Rythmik to any one that likes deep, tight and powerful bass in a compact box, two times smaller than the H frame.
The Rythmik can play much louder; the bass quality is about the same to my 67 years old ears, one more thing that I like the Rythmik A370PEQ runs much cooler than the GR Research SA-1, I don’t like any kind of electronic that runs hot…
I know, nothing super interesting in this post of mine, but if I share my thoughts it’s because there are new comers on AudioCircle that don’t know about those products of mine.
Thanks for reading.

Guy 13

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: Rythmik F12G vs V2HM ?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2015, 05:43 pm »
Guy13:  why do you state this:
its because Rythmik don't have their own site
Here is his site:  http://www.rythmikaudio.com/products.html  Brian moved from California to Austin a few years ago - I've been to his home (and crawled over stacks of drivers, amps and subs).  He's had a site for a long time.  Let me know if the above link doesn't work for you.

Guy 13

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2015, 07:46 am »
Guy13:  why do you state this: Here is his site:  http://www.rythmikaudio.com/products.html  Brian moved from California to Austin a few years ago - I've been to his home (and crawled over stacks of drivers, amps and subs).  He's had a site for a long time.  Let me know if the above link doesn't work for you.
Hi Hank,
again and again, I did not made myself clear and/or
I did not use the right words.
What I wanted to say is that Rythmik doesn't have his own Circle
on AudioCircle.
Thanks for trying to help.

Guy 13

bdp24

« Reply #3 on: 14 Feb 2015, 01:08 am »
Rythmik's forum is on AVS.

Guy 13

« Reply #4 on: 14 Feb 2015, 01:55 am »
Rythmik's forum is on AVS.

Hi bdp24,
thanks for the info.
I went and read a few post.
I wish he could post on AudioCircle.

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #5 on: 14 Feb 2015, 01:58 am »
Hi all, yesterday I did some more listening and my findings are:
The Rythmik F12G play louder, the bass sounds more impressive,
however, I don't think the quality of the bass is better,
tomorrow, I will do more listening with my V2HM
and try to see/hear which is more to my liking and not which is better,
because both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Guy 13

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2015, 03:32 am »
Guy,

Hello. Did you have the F12G shipped to Planet Vietnam as a completed sub, or as a kit and built the cabinet yourself? Either way, do you recall how much it cost to ship to your home?

I'm always thinking about my not-too-distant future location.

I did not pay much attention to subs the last time I was in Taiwan, so I don't know what is available there. I did look into speakers...Ushers are significantly cheaper in Taiwan than here in North America. I seem to recall the same high-end models there were just 2/5 the price of speakers here. The speakers must be delivered to an address there to get that price. International shipping and dealer mark ups sure add a lot to final prices here.

Guy 13

« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2015, 11:26 am »
Guy,

Hello. Did you have the F12G shipped to Planet Vietnam as a completed sub, or as a kit and built the cabinet yourself? Either way, do you recall how much it cost to ship to your home?

I'm always thinking about my not-too-distant future location.

I did not pay much attention to subs the last time I was in Taiwan, so I don't know what is available there. I did look into speakers...Ushers are significantly cheaper in Taiwan than here in North America. I seem to recall the same high-end models there were just 2/5 the price of speakers here. The speakers must be delivered to an address there to get that price. International shipping and dealer mark ups sure add a lot to final prices here.
Hi mresseguie,
I got the two (02) F12G ready to use or like they say:
Plug and play, minds you after you have plugged it,
you have to adjust a zillions knobs.
I cannot tell you how much for the two F12G because they were shipped by Danny with other stuff like two V1 and one PI Majik Buss, the crate was one cubic meter. From Danny's place on west coast to Vietnam by air cargo was about 500 USD for a total value of the goods of 4,088 USD, which comes out to 8% for transport,
not bad. I've used DB Schenker forwarder.
I'm sure Brian from Rythmik can give you a quote on the transport, of course sea cargo would be cheaper but instead of two weeks it would take 4 to 6 weeks.
That's all I can share with you, I hope it can be of some help ot at least give you an rough idea.

Guy 13

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2015, 04:50 pm »
Thanks, Guy.

bdp24

« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2015, 06:20 pm »
Both GR Research and Rythmik ship out of Texas.

Guy 13

« Reply #10 on: 15 Feb 2015, 02:22 am »
Both GR Research and Rythmik ship out of Texas.

Thanks ! :thumb:

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #11 on: 15 Feb 2015, 02:26 am »
Thanks, Guy.

Hi Michael.
Your quite welcome, no problem, my pleasure, that's O.K.
Khong co chi ! (Vietnamese, the same as above.) :lol:

Guy 13

By the way, my two Rythmik F12G are for sales,
but I don't want to go true the trouble of packing them for sea/air cargo.
Too bad, I would have made you an offer that you could not have refused.

Guy 13

« Reply #12 on: 15 Feb 2015, 08:02 am »
Hi all.
I did more listening this morning
and my conclusion is the following:
The Rythmik play lauder and have better bass on some type of music.
The Open Baffle Dipole don't play as loud, but on many different types of music
the sound is more natural, more open...
That's it.
Both are good.

Guy 13

Danny Richie

« Reply #13 on: 16 Feb 2015, 04:02 am »
Guys, the F12G is a completed sealed box sub from Rythmik Audio that uses our SW-12-04 woofer. What Guy bought from us was our SW-12-16FR open baffle woofers and the A370PEQ amps.

And Guy, from your listening impressions I can't help but wonder if you have our servo subs hooked up correctly? If they are not hooked up correctly then the comparisons could be just as you described them. If they are hooked up correctly then there shouldn't be much of a comparison. These two OB subs aren't even in the same class.

Guy 13

« Reply #14 on: 16 Feb 2015, 09:29 am »
Guys, the F12G is a completed sealed box sub from Rythmik Audio that uses our SW-12-04 woofer. What Guy bought from us was our SW-12-16FR open baffle woofers and the A370PEQ amps.

And Guy, from your listening impressions I can't help but wonder if you have our servo subs hooked up correctly? If they are not hooked up correctly then the comparisons could be just as you described them. If they are hooked up correctly then there shouldn't be much of a comparison. These two OB subs aren't even in the same class.

Hi Danny,
I know exactly what are the Rythmik F12G using your paper servo drivers SW-12-04, I even open them up to have a look inside.
(I always do that with almost everything I buy)
Maybe you don’t remember, but I bought two (02) Rythmik F12G from you with one (01) GR Research V1 kit, all in one shipment.
See a copy of the invoice with blocked prices for privacy reason
It’s to refresh your memory, just in case.)

The speaker I’m talking about with which I did the side by side comparison is the GR Research V2 (HM) and the F12G.
See picture below of my V2(HM).
The V2(HM) is highly modified, but it retain the original components you supplied, less the PAudio 8” coaxial driver.
The bass section comprise of two 12” Eminence Acoustinator in reverse position driven by your GR Research SA-1 ss plate amplifier, now discontinued.

Of course they are not the same at all, I know that (I am not new to audio…) and some will say: Why do the comparison if they use a completely different approach/components?
The answer is simple, why not; it’s just to know what the difference is.
I don’t have money to buy new kits, so that’s what I do to keep me busy.
So, to make it clear and dissipate any fogginess, I did not make my side by side comparison between the V1 and the Rythmik F12G (Both of them purchase from you.)
If you read all my posts (Carefully) you will see that I like the F12G and the V2(HM), they simply sound different and my test was simply to hear/know the differences.
If I was cramped for space, I would use without any hesitation the Rythmik F12G, but I do have space.
As far as the sound of the V1 no complains, they play very flat and they have lots of good bass. I did have some wiring problems at first, but that’s been taken care of many moons ago.
To be honest, which I am always, I like some coloration in the bass, but not in the mids and the highs, is that against the law?
So, let me repeat again, in case my original post and the following ones where not clear, I like the sound of everything I bought from you, even if I did not follow your original enclosure design on any of them. (N3, V1, V2 )
I don’t complain, I just state the sound differences according to my 67 years old ears, that’s all !
If something you don’t like or is wrong or could tarnish GR Research reputation, please let me know publicly or by a PM.
Your products are very good and your support is one of the best I’ve seen. Thanks Danny.

Guy 13

(Sorry for the confusion.  :oops:)

Danny Richie

« Reply #15 on: 16 Feb 2015, 02:59 pm »
Yep, you sure did buy some completed subs from us. I had forgotten all about that. Looks like it was in Oct, of 2009.

I was thinking you were comparing these to some servo subs (open baffle) in the V-1's that you built. Comparing those to boxed subs will be very different and explains your preferences.

Now it makes sense.

Thanks,

Guy 13

« Reply #16 on: 16 Feb 2015, 03:29 pm »
Yep, you sure did buy some completed subs from us. I had forgotten all about that. Looks like it was in Oct, of 2009.

I was thinking you were comparing these to some servo subs (open baffle) in the V-1's that you built. Comparing those to boxed subs will be very different and explains your preferences.

Now it makes sense.

Thanks,

Hi Danny,
I thought that only at my age you start to forget things,
I am glad to see that I am not alone... :lol:

Guy 13

I don't know why only now (Give or take one month)
I have noticed that my N3 (Modified of course)
have deep bass for drivers so small.
Maybe they always had lots of bass,
but I think the Vietnamese TV station
have improve the sound quality,
especially when they play American action movies.
Great drivers M130-16

Danny Richie

« Reply #17 on: 16 Feb 2015, 03:56 pm »
Guy,

It's not just my age, but remembering thousands of orders for going back 6 years or more... Oh boy....

Those M-130-16's will play on down to a -3db of 40Hz in the N3 box.  :green:

Guy 13

« Reply #18 on: 16 Feb 2015, 11:52 pm »
Guy,

It's not just my age, but remembering thousands of orders for going back 6 years or more... Oh boy....

Those M-130-16's will play on down to a -3db of 40Hz in the N3 box.  :green:
Hi Danny.
Wow, thousands of orders, that's a lot, but I should not be surprised,
your stuff is good stuff man, like they use to say in the 70ties...
 :thumb: for your M130 drivers.

Guy 13