The Beginning and The End! New Alan Eaton 45 SET Amp in progress for 3 HO's!

JTF

Wednesday

AvsFan

Wednesday

So this Wed right?

And here is an update of mine.

JTF

JTF

Yah, tomorrow

Scratch that, it's here.

jmolsberg

That’s a lQQker!

Kray

You're just down the road Kray. We will have to get together at some point and listen to each others systems. I still have my ZU's and once I have everything for the Omega system, will be moving my Magnepan system downstairs to the living room. It will be fun having 3 drastically different systems. And the thing is, well at least, so far, none of them are "better" than the others, just different.

For sure! Would love to get together and compare. Liked my Oliver Sayes 45 so much I’m having him build me a matching preamp, as my 45 is amp only.

Brad

Scratch that, it's here.

Great for you - looks terrific!

thetakeout

I run my Eaton 45’s w Zu DW.  It sounds great.  I think the low end suffers a little bit.  They aren’t a super easy load.  But they do sound good.   I really want some x5’s but I wondered how they would do with the 1.5 watts.  I will be excited to hear how they work out for you.  I want to hear JM’s pairing.  I bet these and Omegas are a match made I heaven. 

I have a new first watt amp coming in.  Next step is to track down a preamp for it.  I am guessing the first watt amp would mate well with the spatials.  I hope the 45’s do also.  I am excited to hear your experience’

AvsFan

Scratch that, it's here.

Nice! It is a looker! And I bet it’s quite the singer as well! Can’t wait to hear your impressions. Alan said my amp should be done by tomorrow.

AvsFan

I run my Eaton 45’s w Zu DW.  It sounds great.  I think the low end suffers a little bit.  They aren’t a super easy load.  But they do sound good.   I really want some x5’s but I wondered how they would do with the 1.5 watts.  I will be excited to hear how they work out for you.  I want to hear JM’s pairing.  I bet these and Omegas are a match made I heaven. 

I have a new first watt amp coming in.  Next step is to track down a preamp for it.  I am guessing the first watt amp would mate well with the spatials.  I hope the 45’s do also.  I am excited to hear your experience’

I bet it sounds great with the ZU's! I ran a Decware with my DW's, then a Volt+ then a NuForce STA-200 and then finally a Digital Amplifier Company STM. The nice thing about the ZU's, is that they play well with all kinds of amplifiers, they're not picky at all but more power for sure brought them to life. At the end, with that STM, I was giving them 125 watts per channel. They loved it and the bass was the best I ever heard from them. 
It's quite the opposite with these new Omega's, low wattage and intimate, tube wattage is makes these things sing. I think the Omega's and Eaton 45 are a combination made for one another. I will soon find out. But systems are all about synergy

What type of pre-amp are you looking for? 

AvsFan

For sure! Would love to get together and compare. Liked my Oliver Sayes 45 so much I’m having him build me a matching preamp, as my 45 is amp only.

I am game! I think the low watt 45 and Omega's will be completely different from what I am used to with the ZU's and Maggie's.
When will the pre-amp be done? My custom pre-amp and cables shipped today! Did I show you the pre-amp that Jesse built me over at Pine Tree Audio?

AvsFan

« Last Edit: 13 May 2020, 02:54 pm by AvsFan »

JTF

Updated photos.

Looking good. I like how they're all a little bit different from each other.

Kray

I am game! I think the low watt 45 and Omega's will be completely different from what I am used to with the ZU's and Maggie's.
When will the pre-amp be done? My custom pre-amp and cables shipped today! Did I show you the pre-amp that Jesse built me over at Pine Tree Audio?

Nope. Let’s see that preamp!

Mine is about a month out

jmolsberg

All a little different. It’s pretty neat seeing your amp being personally built.

AvsFan

Looking good. I like how they're all a little bit different from each other.

Unique and one of a kind although they all probably sound about the same. But I like something that different. Probably an amp I will keep for the rest of my life and pass it down to the kids.

AvsFan

Nope. Let’s see that preamp!

Mine is about a month out

This pre-amp just shipped yesterday. It was initially built to go with my Magnepan and Digital Amplifier Company equipment, but change of plans on that as I will most likely use it in this Omega, Eaton 45 system.

The guy's name is Jesse and his company is Pine Tree Audio. He builds pre-amps and cables. Here is the amp and power cords he just shipped yesterday. He built me some XLR cables too.

Whitese

very Nice!! a 45 amp is my next tryout.

jmolsberg

^ looks like you have some wonderful amps sir!

AvsFan

^ looks like you have some wonderful amps sir!

Well thanks to your suggestion! I  appreciate the guidance.  :D

It should sound superb.