Polyfusors on rear wall

bs0755

Polyfusors on rear wall
« on: 30 Mar 2017, 09:08 pm »
I am considering Polyfusors on the rear wall of my small listening room.  However, I noticed that they are almost always recommended for the rear portion of the side walls.  My seating position will be 36" maximum from the rear wall.  I plan to use alphas in the corners and because of space considerations, a 242 panel on the center of the rear wall.  So, my thoughts were to put a Polyfusors between the Corner Alphas and the 242 panel.

Thanks for the input!

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
Re: Polyfusors on rear wall
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2017, 06:22 pm »
That strategy will work well. One way to improve it would be to use a thicker panel in the center of the rear wall... usually we recommend Monsters or Alpha 6As there, but there isn't always space for panels that thick. If that's the case for you then stick with the 242, it's way better than no treatment. Then max out your bass trapping elsewhere in the room.

bs0755

« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2017, 01:54 pm »
Thanks! There really is not clearance for anything other than a 242 in the middle of the rear wall... However, I am in the process of doing the perimeter of the ceiling with 12" Monster Traps. (The Soffit Traps would be visually overwhelming in my small room.)  I also have 8 Tri-Traps in the corners, with Alpha Panels on the rear Tri Traps.

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2017, 05:34 pm »
Excellent. Small rooms always entail at least some compromise for space reasons. Nice job managing those compromises. I'm sure the room sounds a lot better, yeah?

bs0755

« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2017, 06:07 pm »
Not done yet--I am expecting another delivery of Monster Traps tomorrow, and my next order will include the Polyfusors.  I will post some pictures when the project is completed!

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2017, 06:42 pm »
Awesome! I can't wait to see them.  :thumb: