We are now selling the Bluesound Node

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
We are now selling the Bluesound Node
« on: 17 Sep 2021, 02:13 pm »
Digital Amp Co is now an authorized distributor of the Bluesound Node, our favorite streamer!

Here's the page on our website (very preliminary):
https://www.cherryamp.com/node-wireless-music-streamer

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: We are now selling the Bluesound Node
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2021, 04:26 pm »
Only good as a streamer as the dac measures mediocre

Samac

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2021, 04:37 pm »
That’s great to hear, Tommy. The Bluesound Node has an excellent OS, sounds fantastic (The dac in the Node is excellent) and is a good value.

Been using Nodes in my systems for ~5 years.

Cheers,

Scott

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2021, 05:46 pm »
Only good as a streamer as the dac measures mediocre
Our Cherry DACs fix that issue....  The DAC DAC 2, for example, has an SNR of 130dB, plus it's immune to jitter, and has balanced, DC coupled outputs!

8)

BadDNA

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2021, 05:56 pm »
Hi Tommy,

my 1st post in the Cherry threads! Nice to see you expanding your product lines.

We have chatted several times via phone as well as texts (Ed) regarding the little mono Maraschinos as an option to power a pair of stand mount RAAL tweeter monitors. Still wrestling with options.

Cheers!
Ed

dox1000

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2021, 07:38 pm »
I have a bluesound in my 2 channel system to serve my server audio, but I have been getting a lot of conflicting advice on what to buy next as my streaming server for my headphone setup (Abyss Phi/XIaudio amp, qutest DAC).  If you put a good DAC on any of these streaming sources, is there a ton of variability?  I would assume (perhaps wrongly) that any dedicated streamer would be better than my desktop or laptop streaming, but maybe even that is wrong.  I am unable to pull the trigger now because everyone seems to have a favorite choice here and my thinking is that this is because streamers, for the most part, are not hugely different across companies.  Am I right or am I asking the wrong question here?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #6 on: 18 Sep 2021, 09:59 am »
I have a bluesound in my 2 channel system to serve my server audio, but I have been getting a lot of conflicting advice on what to buy next as my streaming server for my headphone setup (Abyss Phi/XIaudio amp, qutest DAC).  If you put a good DAC on any of these streaming sources, is there a ton of variability?  I would assume (perhaps wrongly) that any dedicated streamer would be better than my desktop or laptop streaming, but maybe even that is wrong.  I am unable to pull the trigger now because everyone seems to have a favorite choice here and my thinking is that this is because streamers, for the most part, are not hugely different across companies.  Am I right or am I asking the wrong question here?
With a properly designed DAC, the DAC will determine sound quality, not the streamer.  This assumes the streamer does it job properly (providing errorless data).