$995 Special on Tranquility DAC's

db audio labs

• Industry Participant
$995 Special on Tranquility DAC's
« on: 12 Nov 2010, 02:25 am »
dB Audio Labs Special DAC Sale- Tranquility open box USB D/A Converters for $995.00

We now have a decent stock of what we refer to as our "Open Box Special" Tranquility DAC's which are specially priced at $995 each. These were former customer's dacs that they traded-in toward their purchase of our new Signature DAC. All open box Tranquility DACs are fully tested, re-certified and have a full 3 year warranty.

Interested parties may contact me directly  :green:

Eric Hider - dB Audio Labs
Email: ehider@me.com
Phone: 248-798-9555

Website - www.dbaudiolabs.com

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: $995 Special on Tranquility DAC's
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2010, 12:32 pm »
Can these not be factory upgraded to the Signature version?

db audio labs

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2010, 11:03 pm »
Yes, we offer our trade-up program to all of the Tranquility DAC owners, including those who have purchased an open box Tranquility DAC.

Please note that our unique trade-up program is available for a very limited time. The intent of the trade-up program is to offer our valued original Tranquility owners a full 100% trade-in option toward a Signature Edition DAC. It's our way of saying "Here is a way we'd like to thank you for supporting us!"  :thumb:

Eric Hider - dB Audio Labs    www.dbaudiolabs.com

scott_man

« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2010, 11:33 pm »
Eric:

Is there a description/comparison of the differences between the stock Tranquility DAC and the SE?

I didn't see any information about the SE on your website.

Thanks.

Scott B.

db audio labs

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2010, 11:57 pm »
Hi Scott,

My intent on this particular thread is to announce our Open Box Special special offer. But, here's information for your inquiry regarding the Tranquility Signature DAC:

- Signature dac overview: The Signature Edition is based around the same dac chipset as utilized within the Tranquility BUT with a ton of changes. Hence, we could have easily give this new DAC an entirely new name. And, we actually considered other names before settling on the simple "Tranquility Signature Edition" name.

- Circuit changes throughout:  The Signature's Interior circuit board is entirely new and is not just some typical re-worked "MK2" version with a few extra boutique components added. Example: We've doubled the size of the power supply, enhanced the bridge with new rectifiers all developed via blind A/B testing. We've further refined the impedance interactivity and reduced reactance through some circuits. And to the "heart of the Signature model..."

- The Heart of the Signature model:  We've patented and incorporated a very special circuit residing directly after the dac chip. This circuit actually eliminates nasty non-linearlties and micro-voltage interactivity issues by a huge factor. In a nutshell, this unique circuit improves the inner most resolution of low level musical overtones across the entire musical spectrum! Redbook playback goes to an entirely new level sonically. And we own this patent exclusively.

- Comparisons of each model: The Signature Tranquility compared against the baseline Tranquility - Additional improvements to all music characterizations and harmonics at all frequencies. Transparency on inner harmonic details and the sound staging are further focused. Dynamic contrasts are more profound particularly in the lowest  frequency regions. Many customers are extremely excited about the sonic sophistication they are now hearing from Redbook CD rips on their Mac Minis. Some have actually expressed that they didn't think their original silver shiny disks (CD's) had this much harmonic information on them...until now ;-)

- Exterior Look: The Signature's casework is identical to the base Tranquility, except the front face has additional milled writing that says "Tranquility Signature Edition" on the front panel.

- Introductory Sale: I have a special promotion of $500 off the $2395 MSRP. Hence the Signature Edition Tranquility is currently being sold for $1895 for a very limited time mind you.

Eric Hider
dB Audio Labs

Website - www.dbaudiolabs.com

« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2010, 09:04 pm by db audio labs »

db audio labs

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 20 Nov 2010, 04:24 pm »

Lately, I've been getting two common inquiries regarding the Open Box Special DAC sale.

1. Do I offer the $100 discount on our Essential USB cable with this dac?

2. Do I offer the 30 day trial period?

The answer to both of these questions is a resounding "Yes!".

Please send correspondence and inquiries regarding the Tranquility Open Box Special sale to ehider@me.com or you may call me directly.  :green:

Cheers,

Eric Hider
dB Audio Labs

« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2010, 09:03 pm by db audio labs »