Rusty, are we there, yet?   :scratch: :D

Samoyed

Re: Evolution DAC
« Reply #61 on: 4 Dec 2018, 11:59 pm »
Rusty?   :popcorn:

John Casler

« Reply #62 on: 5 Dec 2018, 12:43 am »
Last update I received for a Projected ship date for those with orders currently in the pipeline is around the end of the week.

Samoyed

« Reply #63 on: 5 Dec 2018, 12:36 pm »
Manual now on the site!

Samoyed

« Reply #64 on: 8 Dec 2018, 04:52 pm »
Rusty!   :popcorn:

rustydoglim

« Reply #65 on: 8 Dec 2018, 07:22 pm »
Probably one of the mechanical parts got delayed and that pushed out the schedule.

Samoyed

« Reply #66 on: 8 Dec 2018, 07:26 pm »
When, please. I will be traveling soon.

As you might imagine, this creates a real problem for me.

Samoyed

« Reply #67 on: 11 Dec 2018, 05:14 pm »
Rusty, I must know if this is further delayed since I must make plans. I’ll be traveling.  If you want to send me a pm, please do!

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #68 on: 12 Dec 2018, 07:00 am »
I'm sorry you are going through this.  When I said you were a brave man buying something no one had heard, I should also have warned about the enthusiasm here of announcing products and then having us wait for weeks, months, or... in the case of Omnia, more than a year.

Again, sorry for your current situation, hope everything turns out good for you.
Rafa.

Samoyed

« Reply #69 on: 12 Dec 2018, 02:52 pm »
I’m sorry I brought this up. Sadly, my wife dictates to me when we travel, and sprung this on me. But, I’ve got John Casler on my side!

rustydoglim

« Reply #70 on: 12 Dec 2018, 11:25 pm »
I'm sorry you are going through this.  When I said you were a brave man buying something no one had heard, I should also have warned about the enthusiasm here of announcing products and then having us wait for weeks, months, or... in the case of Omnia, more than a year.

Again, sorry for your current situation, hope everything turns out good for you.
Rafa.

I think you are confusing the issues.  We use this forum as a place to communicate with customers, soliciting feedback (such as Pure AC), or announce new products.
Evolution DAC is a brand new products and the ship date was originally scheduled for end of November. But due to supply chain problem (Taiwan factories are benefiting from the US tariff, so that created a backlog), last minute delay from supplier caused a 2 weeks delay.  This is PERFECTLY NORMAL in manufacturing.
Evolution DAC is shipping now.  If anyone who needs to know about shipping, please contact your dealer, he might know more than me.  I have no idea who gets what in a particular week.

Samoyed

« Reply #71 on: 12 Dec 2018, 11:39 pm »
Rusty, that’s wonderful news and I can’t wait to hear it. I’m sorry for posting-I started to get antsy when my wife hit me with the trip and I feared John and I wouldn’t have time to coordinate the delivery. Nothing like the fear of a porch pirate making off with one’s Nuprime Evolution DAC while they are 3000 miles away.

I’m hoping John Casler has been informed of this, and thanks for posting.

But the way, I’ve been to Taiwan on a cruise and loved it. My father was in the Army Air Corp and flew transports. He told stories of carrying Chang’s troops around Burma and China. It was kind of a full circle when I visited Taiwan and saw many war memorials.

Anyway, Happy Holidays!  😺

John Casler

« Reply #72 on: 13 Dec 2018, 02:29 am »
But, I’ve got John Casler on my side!

Yes you do.

Just got word your and some other EVO DACs are shipping tomorrow or Friday. :banana piano:

Samoyed

« Reply #73 on: 13 Dec 2018, 02:49 am »
You guys are tops.  :thumb:

JackD

« Reply #74 on: 13 Dec 2018, 03:32 am »
Congrats Samoyed.  If it is coming DHL straight from Taiwan you should have it first of the week and can let it break in while you're gone.

Samoyed

« Reply #75 on: 13 Dec 2018, 03:47 am »
Sound of nail biting... :thumb:

Samoyed

« Reply #76 on: 14 Dec 2018, 02:51 pm »
Shipped today for Wednesday delivery. It will be sleepless in Seattle for me. Thanks Nuprime dudes, and the ever diligent John Casler!  Merry Christmas to me, and to all.  Lay review next year.  :popcorn:

Samoyed

« Reply #77 on: 17 Dec 2018, 08:47 pm »
Just set it up. Perfect packaging, and the unit’s workmanship is lovely. No paper manual, so either it was omitted or this one is only on line. I’m having trouble finding unit gain.

Initial impressions of the sound with the cdt 8 pro, using an hdmi cable, are:

1. Lovely liquid sound, slightly more so than the DAC 10;

2. Better soundstage and detail than the 10; and,

3. Amazing detail that comes up out of total silence!

More to come....

:thumb:

Samoyed

« Reply #78 on: 17 Dec 2018, 08:58 pm »
OMG, the detail!

OMG, the tight, lovely bass!

The complete, shocking clarity of the music!

(KEF R900 speakers; Transparent speaker cables; Cardas light xlr interconnects; Kinki ex M1 integrated; hdmi included with Nuprime cdt 8 Pro; nuprime cdt 8pro)

Samoyed

« Reply #79 on: 17 Dec 2018, 09:56 pm »
Rusty, what is unity gain on this one?  You guys knocked it out of the park with this one. Your description as more evolutionary than revolutionary is bang on, but the sound and detail are lovely!