Two new AVA preamplifier special limited edition sales!

avahifi

First, the Fet Valve CF SL preamplifier at $1499 including premium silver faceplate and remote control. Link below

https://avahifi.com/collections/preamplifiers/products/new-fet-valve-cf-sl-with-remote-control-silver-face-plate

Second the Transcendence 10 SL preamplifier at $1099 including premium silver faceplate and remote control.  Link below

https://avahifi.com/collections/preamplifiers/products/transcendence-10-sl-with-remote-control-silver-face-plate

Frank
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2019, 05:20 pm by avahifi »

Birdbrain

Re: Two new AVA preamplifier special limited edition sales!
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2019, 05:23 pm »
Hi Frank, I'm trying to decide which preamp to pair with a Vision SET 120 amp. I've narrowed it down to these two or the Vision SLR. Could you explain what the sound differences are in the Fet Valve CF SL and the Transcendence 10 SL? What does the extra $400 get you? Although the basic volume/mute remote on the two limited edition preamps would be all I need, I'm curious about the panel light dimming feature on the Vision. I've got a Warwick bass combo amp with a blue LED power on indicator that is so annoyingly, blindingly bright I had to put a piece of tape over it. Is that the case on the Fet Valve CF SLR or Transcendence 10 SL? The fact you've added the dimming feature on your new remotes makes me wonder. Although I'm leaning towards one of the tube units, I'd maybe rather go with the Vision just to avoid having a blue laser beam burning my retinas.

aln

CF is a good choice
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2019, 11:51 pm »
I would buy the cf version before it sells out.  Always spend as much as possible on the front end of your system.  Good luck and report back on the pairing.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2019, 12:43 am »
Hi Frank, I'm trying to decide which preamp to pair with a Vision SET 120 amp. I've narrowed it down to these two or the Vision SLR. Could you explain what the sound differences are in the Fet Valve CF SL and the Transcendence 10 SL? What does the extra $400 get you? Although the basic volume/mute remote on the two limited edition preamps would be all I need, I'm curious about the panel light dimming feature on the Vision. I've got a Warwick bass combo amp with a blue LED power on indicator that is so annoyingly, blindingly bright I had to put a piece of tape over it. Is that the case on the Fet Valve CF SLR or Transcendence 10 SL? The fact you've added the dimming feature on your new remotes makes me wonder. Although I'm leaning towards one of the tube units, I'd maybe rather go with the Vision just to avoid having a blue laser beam burning my retinas.
  I placed an order for the Transcendence 10 SL Jan. 14. I thought I'd get by now but Frank has had so many
  orders that he is way behind getting them done and tested. Might be another three weeks before mine is ready to be shipped.
  Have to be very patient.

Cheers
                                            Charlie

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2019, 02:56 am »
  I placed an order for the Transcendence 10 SL Jan. 14. I thought I'd get by now but Frank has had so many
  orders that he is way behind getting them done and tested. Might be another three weeks before mine is ready to be shipped.
  Have to be very patient.

Cheers
                                            Charlie

Sweet!  Happy to hear AVA is rollin'.  :thumb:

Birdbrain

« Reply #5 on: 8 Feb 2019, 02:21 pm »
  Have to be very patient.

Cheers
                                            Charlie

They have these listed on their website as available for quick delivery right now. Strange.

avahifi

« Reply #6 on: 8 Feb 2019, 03:21 pm »
Although the blue LED panel lamp on our preamps are not "laser bright" we can set their brightness down a lot if that is desired.

Just let us know when you order.  No extra charge.

Frank

avahifi

« Reply #7 on: 8 Feb 2019, 03:23 pm »
Delivery was quick when we first listed these special preamps, but we got swamped with orders the last two months for all our products, thus the longer lead times.

Since we can't supply the SL versions from built inventory right now, we can supply these with the optional Vision Q phono circuits ($329) upon request.

Frank

avahifi

« Reply #8 on: 9 Feb 2019, 01:17 am »
Special preamp sale is over.  Ran out of faceplates for them.

All is not lost.

Now announcing Transcendence 10 SLR version in the fully remote control chassis with all the bells and whistles.

Price $1299. Phono $329 option.

Available now.

Frank