AVA Vision SET 400 In Da House

I.Greyhound Fan

AVA Vision SET 400 In Da House
« on: 6 Jul 2018, 08:11 pm »
Today, Frank loaned me a Vision SET 400 amp to review.  I won't get to hook it up until Sunday and I will post a review on Wednesday or the following week as I am going out of town to visit my daughter in Denver.  My son will get to play with it while I am away.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: AVA Vision SET 400 In Da House
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2018, 08:43 pm »
Cool Larry. Will look forward to the review.

Have a nice visit with the daughter, don't think it will be any hotter in Denver, but the humidity will be a lot better.   :thumb:

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2018, 09:13 pm »
My son will get to play with it while I am away.

See if your son would like to add his impression, he probably listens to different types music than you.
And your neighbor's too if he cranks the volume to 11 - "I've never heard that new Drake album "Scorpion" so loud and clear".

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jul 2018, 09:42 pm »
Thanks AD.  The humidity will be a lot better for sure.  I am thinking about retiring there in about 5-6 years as long as the market does well.

WGH, I have corrupted my son.  He loves 50's-early 90's RR, Jazz, Blues, Alternative and New Age.  He has a great dislike for most popular music.   He is a lucky guy in his mid 20's that has all my hand me down gear- Parasound A21 Amp,  my old AVA gear, Pass B1 preamp, Pioneer PL-55x TT with Nagaoka MP-200 cartridge, Emotiva XPS-1 phono preamp, Emotiva Big Ego DAC  with Regen and AQ Jitterbug, Wharedale Diamond 10.2 speakers, Velodyne sub and my old Magenpan MMG's when he has the space.

I will have him post his impressions.

Larry

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2018, 02:48 am »
I hooked up the SET 400 tonight and listened for 1 hour.  All I can say right now is WOW!

I will post a more in depth review tomorrow.

Best Regards,

Larry