where are the drivers?  i'm wanting to use this on a win8 machine

tia

Tomy2Tone

Re: Amazing new USB/SPDIF Converter
« Reply #21 on: 25 Jun 2016, 06:18 pm »
where are the drivers?  i'm wanting to use this on a win8 machine

tia

wushuliu sent me this and it worked for me

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jma92ool3p16q3p/Singxer-USB-Audio-Class2-Driver_v3.20.0.exe

annamarykahn

« Reply #22 on: 26 Jun 2016, 03:02 pm »
thx t2t  :D

wushuliu

« Reply #23 on: 4 Jul 2016, 04:30 pm »
Diyinhk now has a more finished product using same xmos chip which allows external power supply.

http://www.diyinhk.com/shop/audio-kits/111-xmos-192khz-high-quality-usb-to-spdif-with-ultralow-noise-1uv-regulator-wmanual-power-switch.html

rpf

« Reply #24 on: 5 Jul 2016, 01:05 pm »
I just ordered the DXIO Pro 3Z. Will post my thoughts after I've had it for a while.

mtruong34

« Reply #25 on: 5 Jul 2016, 04:12 pm »
How does the DXIO PRO3Z compare to the new Singxer SU-1? Both of which are finished products based on XMOS chips.

wushuliu

« Reply #26 on: 5 Jul 2016, 04:32 pm »
How does the DXIO PRO3Z compare to the new Singxer SU-1? Both of which are finished products based on XMOS chips.

The SU-1 is a 'desktop' version of the F-1, AC power, and has more more output options. price $399

The PRO3Z is coaxial output only but allows you to use an external power supply of your choice. price $220

So depends on what your needs are and the tradeoffs to be considered as to which will be better.

mtruong34

« Reply #27 on: 5 Jul 2016, 04:38 pm »
The SU-1 is a 'desktop' version of the F-1, AC power, and has more more output options. price $399

The PRO3Z is coaxial output only but allows you to use an external power supply of your choice. price $220

So depends on what your needs are and the tradeoffs to be considered as to which will be better.

Thanks Wushu. I also noticed the PRO3Z uses "latest XMOS XCORE-200 XU216-512, it is equal to Two XU208 in One chip" while the SU-1 uses XU208 chip. I assume PRO3Z uses the more advanced chip which would equate to better performance?

wushuliu

« Reply #28 on: 5 Jul 2016, 04:56 pm »
Thanks Wushu. I also noticed the PRO3Z uses "latest XMOS XCORE-200 XU216-512, it is equal to Two XU208 in One chip" while the SU-1 uses XU208 chip. I assume PRO3Z uses the more advanced chip which would equate to better performance?

That I don't know. The 216 has multichannel capabilities apparently. So the 216 may not be more advanced as much as just having more features. I have the diyinhk xmos 216 equivalent of the F-1 and it sounds a little better, but hard to say since it is fed power directly from an external supply and my F-1 was not. Certainly not night and day.

this_is_vv

« Reply #29 on: 5 Jul 2016, 05:00 pm »
That I don't know. The 216 has multichannel capabilities apparently. So the 216 may not be more advanced as much as just having more features. I have the diyinhk xmos 216 equivalent of the F-1 and it sounds a little better, but hard to say since it is fed power directly from an external supply and my F-1 was not. Certainly not night and day.

Hi Wushuliu

I saw your reply regarding Lynx E22 on head fi. You think that is a good combination for the price and audio quality. Have you had chance to look at it?

V

wushuliu

« Reply #30 on: 5 Jul 2016, 05:14 pm »
Hi Wushuliu

I saw your reply regarding Lynx E22 on head fi. You think that is a good combination for the price and audio quality. Have you had chance to look at it?

V

Which combination? The Lynx is digital output only, so no need for a converter. Luckbad mentioned it wasn't far behind the RedNet, but at the same time seems to be doing whatever he can to keep the RedNet! I can't find enough feedback on the Lynx to make a judgement. The fact that it's a PCIE-card means it is still susceptible to PC noise no matter what so I have my doubts.

I'm much more curious about the Atterotech unDAES-O,

which is Dante-based AOIP for the same price as the Lynx ($600), but with less features than the RedNet. Unfortunately no one at head-fi has gotten one. Everyone's locked on to the RedNets.

I'm pretty close to going AOIP myself, but am currently sucked into a SD card player diy modfest. I'm sure I'll screw it up though and give in to the AOIP kool-aid.

this_is_vv

« Reply #31 on: 5 Jul 2016, 05:30 pm »
Which combination? The Lynx is digital output only, so no need for a converter. Luckbad mentioned it wasn't far behind the RedNet, but at the same time seems to be doing whatever he can to keep the RedNet! I can't find enough feedback on the Lynx to make a judgement. The fact that it's a PCIE-card means it is still susceptible to PC noise no matter what so I have my doubts.

I'm much more curious about the Atterotech unDAES-O,

which is Dante-based AOIP for the same price as the Lynx ($600), but with less features than the RedNet. Unfortunately no one at head-fi has gotten one. Everyone's locked on to the RedNets.

I'm pretty close to going AOIP myself, but am currently sucked into a SD card player diy modfest. I'm sure I'll screw it up though and give in to the AOIP kool-aid.

Too many kool-aid to keep on top of everything. I just got an F-1 lets see what happens. Then now people of BHE are talking about an panasocni sd card that makes the sound amazing. Older kool aids of regen are gone. I got one board for cheap. Then this rednet...

when do we enjou music???  ;)

V

TJHUB

« Reply #32 on: 12 Jul 2016, 11:32 pm »
I spent far too much time going through that HeadFi thread.  It was far too crazy going off in all sorts of directions...

I understand the whole AOIP thing, but I'm not interested in spending that much for my current DAC.  I might just wait to see AOIP develop into DAC's first.  For now I do have some interest in the F-1 or maybe the PRO3Z. 

My Eastern Electric DAC Plus has an OEM M2Tech USB board that doesn't play perfectly with JPLAYSTREAMER.  If the F-1 could bring equivalent sound quality, or even slightly improved clarity, I know the XMOS driver works fine with JPLAYSTREAMER and would be willing to give it a go.  Where should I order it from?  And I lost where that metal case could be found on ebay. 

If I do go with an F-1, then I need a SPDIF cable.  I was wondering if a 75ohm adapter I saw with a male RCA to BNC and a BNC coupler might be OK to use?

Thoughts?

TJHUB

« Reply #33 on: 12 Jul 2016, 11:32 pm »

wushuliu

« Reply #34 on: 13 Jul 2016, 04:12 am »
I spent far too much time going through that HeadFi thread.  It was far too crazy going off in all sorts of directions...

I understand the whole AOIP thing, but I'm not interested in spending that much for my current DAC.  I might just wait to see AOIP develop into DAC's first.  For now I do have some interest in the F-1 or maybe the PRO3Z. 

My Eastern Electric DAC Plus has an OEM M2Tech USB board that doesn't play perfectly with JPLAYSTREAMER.  If the F-1 could bring equivalent sound quality, or even slightly improved clarity, I know the XMOS driver works fine with JPLAYSTREAMER and would be willing to give it a go.  Where should I order it from?  And I lost where that metal case could be found on ebay. 

If I do go with an F-1, then I need a SPDIF cable.  I was wondering if a 75ohm adapter I saw with a male RCA to BNC and a BNC coupler might be OK to use?

Thoughts?

I can sell you my f1. Does have solder where I used the i2s though but I'll let it go cheap. Don't know about the metal case you'll have to search the headfi thread. Coupler should be fine.

I have taken the bait on aoip and gotten the Rednet.

TJHUB

« Reply #35 on: 13 Jul 2016, 11:21 am »
I went back through the long thread and found the case.

which Rednet did you go with, and when do you get it?

wushuliu

« Reply #36 on: 13 Jul 2016, 12:36 pm »
I went back through the long thread and found the case.

which Rednet did you go with, and when do you get it?

got the rednet 3 this weekend. I also tried out a modified sd card player. both are better than any usb solution I've tried.

the rednet is special though.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #37 on: 14 Jul 2016, 12:20 am »
got the rednet 3 this weekend. I also tried out a modified sd card player. both are better than any usb solution I've tried.

Wushuliu. Sent you a PM earlier today.

this_is_vv

« Reply #38 on: 15 Jul 2016, 09:57 pm »

Ok now what is a modified sd card player???

V

wushuliu

« Reply #39 on: 16 Jul 2016, 12:24 am »
Ok now what is a modified sd card player???

V

w/enclosure
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-STM32F407ZET6-AK4118-lossless-luxury-digital-DAC-amplifier-machine-/322188870730?hash=item4b03f4044a:g:-Q0AAOSwF0NXLw0n

w/o
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-STM32F407ZET6-AK4118-lossless-luxury-digital-DAC-amplifier-board-/322188870736?hash=item4b03f40450:g:nucAAOSwWF5XLxJS

There are different iterations. There is a thread over at tirnahifi.org that deals with these. It sounds very, VERY good but you need to replace the clocks at a minimum.
The board is fairly spare though, it's not all that hard to do if ur handy with solder slinging. The major benefit I heard was incredibly low noise floor and black background with no digititis.
Down side is using an sd card. I will write up a thread on it.