kyyuan

one more post to galvanize this Jam....
« on: 18 Aug 2004, 12:41 am »
come on y'all

brj

« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2004, 02:59 am »
Hi kyyuan.

You indicated before that you might be willing to host a get-together around mid-September or a bit later.... are you still thinking about it?  I think that a meet would give this group a little momentum!  :)

Of course, you'll probably agree to do it and decide on a weekend that I'm out of town! :lol:

kyyuan

« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2004, 09:36 pm »
Quote from: brj
Hi kyyuan.

You indicated before that you might be willing to host a get-together around mid-September or a bit later.... are you still thinking about it?  I think that a meet would give this group a little momentum!  :)

Of course, you'll probably agree to do it and decide on a weekend that I'm out of town! :lol:

Sure, I'm still interested.  I'm thinking around late September.  I just need to work on three more items: break-in my Merlin, break-in my First Sound, and work on my room acoustics.

Ken

brj

« Reply #3 on: 16 Sep 2004, 03:49 am »
Hi Ken!

How goes the break in?  Approaching audio nirvana yet?

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
Times
« Reply #4 on: 16 Sep 2004, 02:40 pm »
Four of us that I know of will be gone the first week of October for the show in Denver.

Any other date is good.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #5 on: 16 Sep 2004, 04:54 pm »
hello ken and brian, this is marvin in saginaw. how about friday evening or sunday afternoon to listen to the ushers? pm me to let me know.

marvin

kyyuan

« Reply #6 on: 16 Sep 2004, 09:05 pm »
Quote from: brj
Hi Ken!

How goes the break in?  Approaching audio nirvana yet?

It's coming along.  After our session at marvda1, we'll need to have one in Dallas at my place.

marvda1---just sent you a pm

Ken

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #7 on: 16 Sep 2004, 11:03 pm »
COME ON GUYS,  there has got to be more than the three of us that want to do some listening. let's get some replies in.

marvin

brj

« Reply #8 on: 16 Sep 2004, 11:10 pm »
Quote from: marvda1
hello ken and brian, this is marvin in saginaw. how about friday evening or sunday afternoon to listen to the ushers? pm me to let me know.

Either one works for me.  (If I had a preference, I'd go for Sunday, but both are fine.)  Pick a time!

I don't have any hardware to offer up at the moment, but are you looking to do any comparisons?

Thanks for helping us get this off the ground!

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2004, 12:53 am »
I'm game, and I can probably get Gary Dodd (Dodd Audio) to come and a couple of others.

Let me know if you want me to bring any speakers that you might want to listen to and let Gary Dodd know if you want him to bring over a tube amp or pre-amp, headphone amp, etc.