We're up and running!

brj

We're up and running!
« on: 1 Aug 2004, 06:16 pm »
First a thanks to all of those that voted for the formation of this regional circle, both locals and non-locals alike!

Second, I'd like to create a couple of "stickies" for the circle in the not-too-distant future, including:

1) Local audio dealers, including addresses, phone numbers and primary product lines carried

2) Local members who are willing to allow others to audition their systems.  Yes, I'd like to see us all start some general get-togethers, but if someone is looking to hear a specific component not carried by the local dealers, this sticky would be a fast way to find a place to hear it.  Basically you could just list your gear and your city of residence.  Anything beyond that could be handled via PM.

3) Upcoming local music performances[/list:u]
    Any other ideas or requests?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
We're up and running!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2004, 02:25 am »
Congrats on the circle !! Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your future meetings !! Jam on !!!!! :D

kyyuan

We're up and running!
« Reply #2 on: 2 Aug 2004, 05:25 am »
great...look forward to attending/hosting a few relaxing get-togethers.

Ken

soliver

We're up and running!
« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2004, 02:42 pm »
Brj,
Great sticky ideas - best of any circle on here.

1. By listing local dealers - you will be supporting them, hopefully.

2. Just a great idea that has only been implemented by online retailers so far, but much prefer this route as I would prefer people to come check out my system for the sake of the great music it produces vs. feeling the need to sell someone on a product.  This Austinite will be posting his system for shits and giggles.

3. Again by posting local music acts you will be encouraging members to support the local music industry, plus lord knows most audiphiles need to get out and listen to some live music more often.

PhilNYC

We're up and running!
« Reply #4 on: 2 Aug 2004, 04:58 pm »
Congrats on the new circle, folks!  Glad y'all liked the name!  Looking forward to reading about your Jams....

brj

We're up and running!
« Reply #5 on: 4 Aug 2004, 01:11 am »
Quote from: soliver
Great sticky ideas - best of any circle on here.

Thanks.  Unfortunately, it will have to wait for a couple of days yet, as my computer access is extremely limited at the moment.

2. Just a great idea that has only been implemented by online retailers so far,.

Correct.  To give the proper credit, I "borrowed" the idea from John Casler.  (Thanks, John!)

but much prefer this route as I would prefer people to come check out my system for the sake of the great music it produces vs. feeling the need to sell someone on a product.  This Austinite will be posting his system for shits and giggles.

Please do!  (When I get the sticky made! :) )

steve k

We're up and running!
« Reply #6 on: 4 Aug 2004, 02:53 pm »
Congratulations from the GAS gang! We're looking forward to your jams and pics!
steve k :dance:

RuSsMaN

• Polk Audio Rep
    • Polk Audio
We're up and running!
« Reply #7 on: 5 Aug 2004, 03:06 pm »
Some will remember me, most won't.  I'm always up for anything audio related.

I regular the Lone Star Bottlehead meets, and a couple of guys from there started a little Dallas group also.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dallasaudioclub/ (for those interested)

Our next meet is August 12, 7-10 pm in McKinney.  Any here are welcome, and I'd be interested in participating in anything you guys come up with.  For us, its pretty causal, check out gear, share music selections, and talk shop.

Cheers,
Russ

Xi-Trum

We're up and running!
« Reply #8 on: 5 Aug 2004, 06:39 pm »
Hi RuSsMaN, yeah... I remember.   :D  Glad to hear from ya.

RuSsMaN

• Polk Audio Rep
    • Polk Audio
We're up and running!
« Reply #9 on: 6 Aug 2004, 01:17 am »
Hey, if you are in the area, come on by for tunes, food, and general audio fun on the 12th.  I'd really like to meet some more DFW area audio wackos.

Cheers,
Russ