Your Christmas wish list....

1ZIP

Re: Your Christmas wish list....
« Reply #40 on: 11 Dec 2010, 04:58 am »
As much as Scarlett in a sweater is tempting...I actually gave myself an early Christmas gift today...a bought this new bike

Keith
:thumb: :thumb:

bizyz

« Reply #41 on: 11 Dec 2010, 05:03 am »
what i would like under my tree is a pair of omega bi pole speakers,a super hemp sub,an nad 150 wpc power amp to beef up my nad 80 wpc integrated i already have and someone to hot rod my onkyo integra changer as well as my msb nelson 3 link dac.
happy holidays.

werd

« Reply #42 on: 11 Dec 2010, 06:05 am »
How about those mini blocks  you know the 4b seperates :deadhorse:

They are called 7b's and they come with choke filtering... hehe

betamax

« Reply #43 on: 11 Dec 2010, 08:47 am »
As much as Scarlett in a sweater is tempting...I actually gave myself an early Christmas gift today...a bought this new bike

Keith

Awesome bike. :drool:

Of course, I was already drooling after seeing Scarlett...have to go search for the larger version now...

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #44 on: 11 Dec 2010, 09:12 am »
nice bike, Keith! ...drive carefully :green:

al.

Guy 13

« Reply #45 on: 11 Dec 2010, 11:28 am »
WOW ! That's a nice set of wheels you've got !
I also have a nice bike...

Yes, you can laugh all you want, but mine does better gas milage.
No joke, that's my 15 years old 100cc bike with 156,000 miles and no problems.
Guy 13 (In Vietnam)

Napalm

« Reply #46 on: 11 Dec 2010, 06:54 pm »
Mhhh computer speakers. Thank you, Santa!

Nap.  :drool:

TONEPUB

« Reply #47 on: 11 Dec 2010, 07:08 pm »
I am secretly wishing for a new wardrobe for myself and Mrs. Laundrew...

Grocery day will a have a new meaning  8)

Be well...

You do know Rocky Horror is now out on Blu Ray, don't you?  Ah, those were the days.

Personally, I'd just like a nice quiet, relaxing day.

Ok, an Aston Martin Vantage would be nice.  Don't even need a new V12, a gently pre
owned V8 would be just fine!  (much less expensive)

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #48 on: 11 Dec 2010, 07:15 pm »
You do know Rocky Horror is now out on Blu Ray, don't you?  Ah, those were the days.

I actually purchased it this morning  :thumb:  :D

Be well...

Napalm

« Reply #49 on: 18 Dec 2010, 04:53 pm »
Here for all your personal banking needs. Universally accepted. No prior account or credit check needed.

Nap.  :jester:

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #50 on: 18 Dec 2010, 06:02 pm »
I'd take a refurbed ipad and be one happy camper!!!! :thumb: :thumb:

1ZIP

« Reply #51 on: 18 Dec 2010, 10:07 pm »
The mythical BIT. :)

Laundrew

« Reply #52 on: 26 Dec 2010, 09:36 pm »
I can only wish…

"...Any dioramas which depict demons or “mainstream-cheerfully-bubbly-pop-signers” getting grotesquely slaughtered or a close but reasonable facsimile..."     

Be well…

Oh be still, my beating heart.

Be well...

Napalm

« Reply #53 on: 27 Dec 2010, 05:12 am »
Here a little bit of work can create a much more dramatic look:

Digital Nap.  :green:

Robert D

« Reply #54 on: 27 Dec 2010, 01:54 pm »
Magnum Dynalab MD109
Summary:Gentelmen, the Mighty MD 109 is not just a tuner it is a musiucal reproduction device that will bring the artists into your home every time you turn your system on. I enjoy Jazz music in particular at night (live performances especially), it is almost impossible to describe that a radio broadcast has this much definition and liveness in it.The MAGIC is incredable. I own a few high end tuners currently and the new MD 109 puts them to shame. The tonal beauty of this tuner is as good as my clearaudio master reference table, very three dimenssional sound fidelity that one can't describe in words. Transparency and the immense sound stage that go beyound the boundries of my large sound room, like sitting in the front row and the stage is about 40feet wide and 40 feet deep. Instruments sound like they are being played in front of you with so much body and presence that is scary, it gives me the creeps at times and it allows the listener to relax to the point like you are in a different dimension. Female vocals are alive and present that will almost make you cry every time You hear Patricia Barber Shirley Horn Dianne Reeves Diana Krall. The bass is fast, very articulate and dynamic like a good cd but its analog sounding and smooth like vinyl but no background noise to deal with just choose one of your favourate 40 presets. The startling performance of this Monster tuner has given me no choice but to make it my number one source in my system. The build quality and the finish of the tuner are excellent including the new remote system that allows you to use the presets or direct entry of the station. Pulling power is very good with the ST 2 antenna just sitting in the room corner. The remote unit is all quality and feels solid in your hand. Front display is very visible and it dims automatically after few seconds. The front face plate looks rich and beautifully finished like fine instrumentation should be at this level. I have owned the MD 108 in the past, selling the Marantz 10 B (MD 109 sounds more realistic and much quieter) as this new tuner from Magnum Dynalab takes FM Broadcasts to a new level of performance. Its like having live performers entertain you every night and You choose what piece of music they play for You without going to the concerts. Your sound room becomes a live stage every night!!! Short warm up time sounds good after five minutes of playing it keeps getting better and better as the night progresses. The only tuners that can battle or barely keep up with this beast are the MD 108 and the Marantz 10B and they loose every time they meet on my audio rack. Its like having a library of world music at your fingertips with the magical analog presence . Every audiophile should have a listen for themselves how this tuner presents the music to you, to my ears its flawless gentelmen.

Strengths:
Very musical
Super Transparent
Reveals Micro dynamics of the music
Dissapears in my sound room
Super quiet both balanced or single ended operation
Looks like a true reference device in any room
Good value (because you wont be going to live performances any more )
THE BEST FM TUNER IN THE WORLD period
Sound is great out of the box but about 200 hours for full potential

Weaknesses:
Yes there is one , your friends will want to camp out in your sound room.
seriously none
the cost is a bit high but not when you consider how much use You will get out of this piece!!! I haven't purchased a single cd or record after the MD 109 because the music is free in the air you just need a device to catch it with.

Robert

Napalm

« Reply #55 on: 27 Dec 2010, 02:02 pm »
... will bring the artists into your home every time you turn your system on.

Agh. No thanks. I think I'll pass on this one.

:green:

Laundrew

« Reply #56 on: 27 Dec 2010, 09:05 pm »
Here a little bit of work can create a much more dramatic look:

Digital Nap.  :green:

Thanks Nap  :thumb:

Be well...

Gustavo

« Reply #57 on: 27 Dec 2010, 09:10 pm »
My list had a Bryston BDP-1, but nothing happens, Santa and my wife did not read my letter.  :lol: :(

Will wait for my birthday or Christmas 2011.  :evil: