Question on ACi force / in my system

screwdriver

« on: 6 Dec 2004, 01:11 pm »
I have a naim cd 3.5 , naim flatcap power supply for the cd player , Sophia el34 amp , DH labs Q10 biwire to a pair of silverline sr11 monitors , and i ahve an ACI force sub connected in parallel speaker level to line level .

the silverlines sr11 goes down to only 48hz as claimed in th manual.

Question is what x over points low pass 1 and low pass 2 ? do i set this as i dont have the equipment right now to dial in the sub.

second question is i have a slight hum in the sub and goes away when i move the speaker to line level wires.
i also have a slight hum /buzz in my right channel speaker .
are these hum/buzz bad for the speakers? how can i remedy this .

tnx a lot - newb here....

Mike Dzurko

• Facilitator
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2004, 12:45 am »
Sometimes the best equipment is your ears :)

Use the supplied test CD or music of your choice to adjust the system. The manual give steps to do this, the closer you follow the steps, the better the results. I'd probably start with both filters on the sub set around 45Hz. Then, I'd adjust the phase for maximum output around this frequency. Adjust the sub volume so it seems the same as your Silverlines. Adjust the crossover freq up or down to get the best match. Sit back and enjoy some music. Listen for a few days and then maybe you'll have ideas of some additional tweaking. (all this is assuming the sub is broken in)

As far as hum, sounds like potential cabling issues? You shouldn't have any hum from your main speakers, that shouldn't have anytying to do with the sub.

Check the Subwoofer setup tips and tricks thread as well