an experiment with success!

Paul McNeil

Re: an experiment with success!
« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2017, 01:45 pm »
The existing mid/tweet crossover has been left intact this whole evolution, yes?  If so, then polarity changing the woofer only should have caused a measurable change only in the woof/mid crossover region.....approximately 250Hz.

Yes, the existing mid/tweet is intact. And this is what I would have thought, any problem focused around the cross-over point, at 255 htz.

I can disable Audyssey, but don't have any other way of measuring output....

Paul McNeil

« Reply #21 on: 16 May 2017, 01:51 pm »
Screenshots would probably help, assuming you're asking for advice.

Davey

« Reply #22 on: 16 May 2017, 03:35 pm »
Okay.  I wouldn't really worry about it further.  You made the polarity change and it sounds better with the new configuration (as expected) so just leave that aspect as-is.

I'm not familiar with Audyssey, but your posted screenshot looks like some type of simulation vice a real measurement.
It's very easy to get confused when making in-room measurements of large-panel speakers and trying to interpret the results.  Many variables can creep into the process.

Dave.

Paul McNeil

« Reply #23 on: 16 May 2017, 04:41 pm »
Thanks again, Dave, an improvement (electronic crossover and bi-amping) was improved upon indeed with the polarity change!

That is a 'theoretical' chart from the cross-over primer referenced earlier in the thread by Scotty. Likely irrelevant...