X-Series power cords

JTF

X-Series power cords
« on: 25 May 2020, 04:52 pm »
Hey All,

I'd like to hear what X5/3 owners are using for power cords. I thought I saw a thread on here a couple weeks ago about it, but I can't find it. I have some Zu Missions lying around, but I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Iso-braid cables from Pine Tree Audio. Any recommendations?

Thanks

geerock

Re: X-Series power cords
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2020, 07:59 pm »
I don't think I'd go too crazy with buying new cords for just a sub circuit.  You're running a plate amp to a single driver that is covering you up to 90 Hertz.  I had a couple Anticable PC's laying around that I use on my x'5s.  As much as I hear a difference when using these cords on my components, the difference was a bit more subtle, although noticeable, on the X's.  I think those Zu Missions will be fine....unless you have money to burn.  Just MHO.

JTF

Re: X-Series power cords
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2020, 08:33 pm »
Yeah, I should have elaborated a bit more. I'm not really concerned with performance. I do want something decent that looks better than the standard run of the mill black cord, since it'll be visible. The Zu's would be fine, they just aren't long enough. They're 6ft, but I need more than that, especially if I pull the speakers further out into the room.
« Last Edit: 1 Mar 2021, 04:57 pm by JTF »