R.I.P. Stanley

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: R.I.P. Stanley
« Reply #20 on: 26 Feb 2012, 02:25 am »
Deepest condolences on your loss Frank. Always one of the toughest things to do is what's right for our companion, rather than what's easiest for us. Take comfort in the good memories.

JD

Minn Mark

« Reply #21 on: 27 Feb 2012, 06:11 pm »
Very sorry to hear of your loss, Frank.

Condolences and sympathy,

Mark

rlee8394

« Reply #22 on: 27 Feb 2012, 06:19 pm »
Frank,

So sorry to hear of your loss. I know how much Stanley meant to you from you musings about him here. Remember the good times with him and keep him in your heart.

Ron

dlparker

• Dave Parker - KC, MO
    • DontKnowNuthinBoutNoComputers
« Reply #23 on: 2 Mar 2012, 09:56 pm »
I had to put my companion and buddy for the last eleven years down yesterday.

Stanley was the perfect little friend, a sweet grey striped tabby cat that always wanted to be near me and talked to me all the time.

I spent most of my earlier years on a farm with multiple cats and dogs, and I got pretty attached to all of them. Currently I'm living in a two-cat house, the cats on the 1st and 2nd floors and me in the man cave in the basement.  I see Spats - the grey with white feet mostly (as in surgically altered) male the most often, and he's a trip.  Sylvia (named after Sylvester of WB cartoons fame) I don't see very often, but every once in a while I can hear them running around upstairs. They're almost like having your own kids - time just seems to have no meaning when you're interacting with them. It's very sad to see them move on without us.

The Koreans have a saying - "We bury our parents in the ground - we bury our children in our hearts."  I think that counts for our pets, too.

J Fallows

• melomane
« Reply #24 on: 1 Apr 2012, 03:31 pm »
Belated condolences, Frank.
I've heard you talk about Stanley several times. What a great friend.
Martha, in my avatar, isn't feeling to well at the moment. Right now she's
pawing my pant leg.
So sorry for your loss. You and Stanley are in my thoughts.

John

Big Red Machine

« Reply #25 on: 16 Apr 2012, 01:51 pm »

Sure sorry to hear about Stanley, Frank.  He sure was a good kitty.  We're down to one after having been up to 4 at one time.

avahifi

« Reply #26 on: 17 Apr 2012, 07:42 pm »
Thanks very much all of you for your kind comments regarding Stanley.

The photo you took I have enlarged and framed and placed where I see it every day.

After the new upstairs carpet has finished outgassing I will starting looking for another feline companion.  It is way too quiet around here (when the audio system is turned off) without Stanley.

Frank Van Alstine