2011 NFL is Here!

cujobob

Re: 2011 NFL is Here!
« Reply #80 on: 2 Oct 2011, 08:15 pm »
These are the most ticky tack penalties against detroit...a block to the back (at his side), a hold on Peterman that wasn't shown in replay, a PI against Young who did what every receiver does on every drive in the endzone -_-

I really like Dallas' defense. They cover pretty well, get lots of pressure and mix it up. Kudos to the offensive coordinator there for keeping Detroit's DL off Romo in the first half, hopefully they get back to that for Dallas' sake.  I'll say this about Romo, he's a very talented rookie. He plays like a top rookie who has a good arm, reasonable accuracy, but forces passes a veteran should know better than to do.

cujobob

« Reply #81 on: 2 Oct 2011, 08:34 pm »
Wow...in disbelief the Lions pulled that one out. Romo haters will have a field day with this one. No reason to lose that game.

Freo-1

« Reply #82 on: 2 Oct 2011, 08:40 pm »
Wow...in disbelief the Lions pulled that one out. Romo haters will have a field day with this one. No reason to lose that game.

Oh yes there was.  The reason was the Detroit Lions defense.  They woke up in the second half.

cujobob

« Reply #83 on: 2 Oct 2011, 08:50 pm »
I disagree...the Houston INT was just a good play by him, but the other two INTs were terrible throws. A good QB does not make those throws, especially ahead in the game.

Freo-1

« Reply #84 on: 2 Oct 2011, 08:59 pm »
I disagree...the Houston INT was just a good play by him, but the other two INTs were terrible throws. A good QB does not make those throws, especially ahead in the game.

Well, the scoreboard does not lie.  He (Romo) started feeling a pass rush that was not there the first half. 

If the Lions put four quarters like that, they will be scary good.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #85 on: 2 Oct 2011, 09:42 pm »
My Eagles are just in total disarray and I knew we were toast when the 3rd string backup QB said he got on "the dream team"....an instant curse, double whammy, whatever you want to label it....we are toast and I really honestly think its time for a close, close look at the head coach position....there is so much talent there and its not being lit on fire like it could be. Just my thoughts as I laughed my way through the last few minutes of that game......Oh my..!!!!! :scratch:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #86 on: 2 Oct 2011, 09:59 pm »
I Need Your Help!
Does anyone know how to cancel a bid on E-Bay?
I put in a $20 bid for a "Mickey Mouse Outfit"
Now it seems I'm only 7 hours away from possibly owning the
Minnesota Vikings.

Quite possibly the best post I've ever read on Audio Circle. I hope he wins that auction.
Oh, that IS rich.

rodge827

« Reply #87 on: 2 Oct 2011, 10:11 pm »
My Eagles are just in total disarray and I knew we were toast when the 3rd string backup QB said he got on "the dream team"....an instant curse, double whammy, whatever you want to label it....we are toast and I really honestly think its time for a close, close look at the head coach position....there is so much talent there and its not being lit on fire like it could be. Just my thoughts as I laughed my way through the last few minutes of that game......Oh my..!!!!! :scratch:

+1... no wait I mean -1.... no wait I mean :wtf:

A true Iggles fan!

Bleeding Green....all over the place :roll:!

Rodge

cujobob

« Reply #88 on: 2 Oct 2011, 10:20 pm »
Romo.  Three interceptions.  He keeps goin like he has been- not just this year, mind you- and he won't have a job next year.  Nobody will take him (on merit) if he's cut because every coach knows what some of us are in denial about, he doesn't have NFL metal and it's way out of the bag now.  Been out.  Hey, I'm as sorry about that as any Cowboy fan I just happen to think it's true.  Jerry Jones has a lot to live down for Romo, imo.  But, at least, he will have a chance.

He'll have a job. As long as someone shows a flash of talent...some idiot somewhere will think they can turn him around.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #89 on: 2 Oct 2011, 10:32 pm »
Is anyone bothering to watch The Pack demonstrate the fine points of NFL parity to the Broncos?

cujobob

« Reply #90 on: 2 Oct 2011, 10:39 pm »
Anyone notice the Jaguars field? Apparently, the arrows were drawn pointing the wrong way  :duh:

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #91 on: 2 Oct 2011, 11:35 pm »
Ya'll gotta see the catch Larry Fitzgerald (AR) makes against Deion Branch (NY).  It's bound to be on the highlights tonite.  What a reciever that guy is.  SOTA.

Larry is indeed special. However, the Giants managed to come back and win the game.   :thumb:

Yes, that was a blown call on the Victor Cruz play and it should have been a fumble, but it wasn't.

George

MaxCast

« Reply #92 on: 3 Oct 2011, 01:40 am »
Can't believe the Lions are 4-0.
Did anyone watch the Packers game   :green:
Packers, Lions, Saints maybe the Giants/Eagles too, somewhere in the future...big game.

On a side note.  What happened to all the replays.  They are virtually none existent.  I remember the clicker, back and forth, back and forth...many different angles.  Replays before the brake.  Now they show a close up of the dude that just scored.  I wanna see the play, the score, the challenge...multiple times.   WTF!

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #93 on: 3 Oct 2011, 01:58 am »
Ol' Loudmouth Rex Ryan is getting his ass handed to him to, by the guys he trained.   :thumb:

I hope the Ravens don't let up for a second!  People of a certain age have a life-long hatred of the Jets (Jest?) :cuss:

Update:  The Ravens Band is playing the BALTIMORE Colts fight song!!!!  PLAY IT, GUYS!    :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #94 on: 3 Oct 2011, 02:25 am »
Yeah, I need Robin to tell me what I'm missing cause I think the Pokes via Jerry Jones are the laughing stock of the league right now and I'm taking it hard. 

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #95 on: 9 Oct 2011, 06:16 pm »
WOW!  It's early in the Bills-Eagles game, but it must suck to be from Philly this week! Even more so than usual.    :icon_twisted: :lol:

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #96 on: 9 Oct 2011, 06:22 pm »
I wish we could stop this year and start over!!!!!!!! 21-7 and I can't watch anymore, screw it..I'm putting on cans and leaving it as a background misery machine live and in color!!!!! :duh:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #97 on: 9 Oct 2011, 08:14 pm »
Jason Avant is an idiot.  Two turnovers, and he hot-dogs it when he scores! 

And then the Iggles are drawn offsides.  Talk about sleep-walking through a game!   :duh:

Sorry, eclein!   :thumb:

twitch54

« Reply #98 on: 9 Oct 2011, 08:17 pm »
Jason Avant is an idiot.  Two turnovers, and he hot-dogs it when he scores! 

And then the Iggles are drawn offsides.  Talk about sleep-walking through a game!   :duh:

Sorry, eclein!   :thumb:

yeah baby Bills beat the 'beagles' ........"dream on' !!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #99 on: 9 Oct 2011, 09:18 pm »
Well, the Houston game just concluded and that may have been as bad as I've ever seen them play.  Not just the last play, the whole quarter, Schaub was terrible.  Oakland deserved to win so good for them.  Close one for the Saints but they prevail :thumb:.  Good one for the Vikings!  Too bad for the G men :bawl:  Troubles in Philly worsen.