FS: Cyrus Brenneman Cavalier PLUS - Priced to sell

passion4audio

Rarely seen on the used market.

Particularly sad to see this one go, however I have a line on a beautiful set of speakers which work better with different amplification.

Excellent condition. (Very conservatively rated at 8/10 on the audiogon scale).

Cy Brenneman personally inspected and upgraded to the latest circuitry four months ago.

Currently running KT100's, but I have a set of Gold Lion KT-88's  which I'll include so you can switch out if you wish.

I purchased this from another audiogon member after hearing a Cavalier PLUS clearly trounce other contenders (some very highly regarded within the audiophile community) at a Klipsch forum amp shootout. My "highly regarded" SET monos came in second place... and although I was surprised at the outcome, I knew I had to own a Cavalier Plus.

Dr. Bruce Edgar (who was present at this amp shootout) had this to say:

In Reply to: RE: Cyrus Brenneman Cavalier Plus. posted by (xxxxx) on August 02, 2010 at 20:13:38

"Several years ago, a friend (with K-Horns) in Orange Co. did a comparison with several triode SE amps garnered from various friends. I went over on his invitation, but didn't bring any of Cy's amps. Most of the sample amps sounded similar on the Khorns which didn't surprise me because of the veiling by the known colorations of the Khorns. (The only mods to the Khorns were the replacement of the xovers with 1st order ALK xovers.)

Later in the session, a Titan owner came by with his Cavalier Plus. Even though I was very familiar with the amp, I was unprepared for the totally improved soundstage presented by the Khorns. Even with stock T-35 tweeters, the effective top end of the Khorns improved by one octave. Everyone at the session heard the difference."

"So If you are ready for an improved sound stage with your horns, free from colorations, the Cavalier Plus is a good choice. For several years I've used his push pull amp which has a very lean sound, while he built up a new Cavalier Plus from spare parts that had cosmetic blemishes. When I put the Plus into the Titan system, its superiority became immediately obvious." - Dr. Bruce Edgar

** Of course, I sold my "highly rated" tubed SET monos and purchased this Cavalier Plus. The sonic effect in my system was like kicking "very good stereo" out, and inviting the real musicians in! **

If you'd like, Google (or, better yet, Scroogle) Cyrus Brenneman's website and check out the stats for this amp. Notice the astonishingly low levels of distortion? Amazing for a SET amp!   This amp puts out between 15 and 18 wpc (depending on tube selection) and therefore can drive a variety of speakers.

I accept VISA, Master Card, etc. (through PayPal), and will ship once funds have "cleared" into my bank.

Shipping within the Continental United States (lower 48) only.

I have been a member of audiogon since '99 and have 100 percent positive feedback (w/no negatives or neutrals) either on here, or on Ebay where I have over 300 transactions.

You can be assured of a pleasant, smooth transaction with excellent communication, including an email with tracking number when shipped.

I'm known for packing very well (check my feedback) - so you can be assured it will arrive undamaged.

Sorry, no access to my digital camera right now, so here are a few pictures I found online.

This is one of, if not THE best SET integrated on the market, regardless of cost.

No need for a preamp (unless you're spinning vinyl, or want to input more than two sources). Of course, one less interconnect your signal has to pass through as well.

Not interested in trades at this time as I have another amp in mind.

:thumb:  Someone's going to get a great deal here!

$2025 and I'll pay for shipping.

« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2010, 06:46 am by passion4audio »