What jazz ALBUM are you currently listening to?

AKLegal

Re: What jazz ALBUM are you currently listening to?
« Reply #4800 on: 13 Aug 2013, 12:43 pm »

AKLegal

« Reply #4801 on: 13 Aug 2013, 12:56 pm »

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4802 on: 13 Aug 2013, 01:16 pm »

Bob James:     Three     1976

ArthurDent

« Reply #4803 on: 14 Aug 2013, 10:16 pm »

Brian Auger:    Language of the Heart     2012

ArthurDent

« Reply #4804 on: 14 Aug 2013, 11:15 pm »

Eric Dolphy:  Outward Bound      1960

jimdgoulding

« Reply #4805 on: 15 Aug 2013, 04:39 am »
Underneath It All- Harvie Swartz (Gramavision Records).

ArthurDent

« Reply #4806 on: 15 Aug 2013, 04:08 pm »

Milt Jackson w/Hubert Laws:     Goodbye        1974

ArthurDent

« Reply #4807 on: 15 Aug 2013, 04:47 pm »

Milt Jackson:       Ain't But a Few of Us Left     1981

ArthurDent

« Reply #4808 on: 15 Aug 2013, 10:59 pm »

Medeski, Martin, and Wood:     Friday Afternoon In The Universe     1995

ArthurDent

« Reply #4809 on: 16 Aug 2013, 12:03 am »

Soft Machine:     Seven      1974

aragon63

• Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian,Jazz Minor
« Reply #4810 on: 16 Aug 2013, 12:24 am »

Bob James:     Three     1976

Nice, ArthurDent ! Me gusta ! :thumb:

CactusBob

• < Desert Rat >
« Reply #4811 on: 16 Aug 2013, 12:29 am »
Soft Machine Arthur! Seven is my favorite! But I love them all. Different cover art on that one.

You might have seen this or own this dvd video, but if you haven't your in for a treat. The same year as "Seven". Watch the clip of the dvd and then order it!  :D

http://www.cuneiformrecords.com/bandshtml/softmachine.html

Dave Holland  ~  Critical Mass

ArthurDent

« Reply #4812 on: 16 Aug 2013, 12:55 am »
Soft Machine Arthur! Seven is my favorite! But I love them all. Different cover art on that one.

You might have seen this or own this dvd video, but if you haven't your in for a treat. The same year as "Seven". Watch the clip of the dvd and then order it!  :D

http://www.cuneiformrecords.com/bandshtml/softmachine.html

Yes Sir CB, picked that up off of azon not long ago. Was very impressed with both the video & sound quality, particularly give the age. Then again they are rather engineering oriented in Germany.

Still got to dig around here and find my missing 5. Don't have it burned to HD, and haven't heard it in a while. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite. Thirds, 4, Bundles, like you, love them all.  8)

CactusBob

• < Desert Rat >
« Reply #4813 on: 16 Aug 2013, 01:04 am »
Yes Sir CB, picked that up off of azon not long ago. Was very impressed with both the video & sound quality, particularly give the age. Then again they are rather engineering oriented in Germany.

Still got to dig around here and find my missing 5. Don't have it burned to HD, and haven't heard it in a while. I'd have a hard time picking a favorite. Thirds, 4, Bundles, like you, love them all.  8)

Cool! I'm happy to hear that you have the dvd. The sound & video is amazing. A dream come true! I would never have imagined having such a great video of SM. I sure wish Mahavishnu Orchestra, RTF, Abercrombie, etc. would have footage of that quality. I'd take any quality lol!

Cheers!

ArthurDent

« Reply #4814 on: 16 Aug 2013, 01:14 am »
Cool! I'm happy to hear that you have the dvd. The sound & video is amazing. A dream come true! I would never have imagined having such a great video of SM. I sure wish Mahavishnu Orchestra, RTF, Abercrombie, etc. would have footage of that quality. I'd take any quality lol!

Cheers!

If you like Weather Report this DVD    is also outstanding quality. Jaco rocks here. http://www.amazon.com/Weather-Report-Live-Montreux-1976/dp/B000NTPFNA/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1376615229&sr=1-1&keywords=weather+report+montreux. Currently listed as 'out of stock', but well worth watching for, or locating thru alternate source. ACer  martyo turned me on to it.

Do you have any Abercrombie DVDs ? If so got a recommendation ?  I see Azon has 3 listed, might have to check them out.  & Cheers to you as well.  :beer:

MJK

• Quarter Wavelength Loudspeaker Design
« Reply #4815 on: 16 Aug 2013, 01:17 am »
Jimmy Witherspoon - Singin' The Blues

CactusBob

• < Desert Rat >
« Reply #4816 on: 16 Aug 2013, 01:27 am »
If you like Weather Report this DVD    is also outstanding quality. Jaco rocks here. http://www.amazon.com/Weather-Report-Live-Montreux-1976/dp/B000NTPFNA/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1376615229&sr=1-1&keywords=weather+report+montreux. Currently listed as 'out of stock', but well worth watching for, or locating thru alternate source. ACer  martyo turned me on to it.

Do you have any Abercrombie DVDs ? If so got a recommendation ?  I see Azon has 3 listed, might have to check them out.  & Cheers to you as well.  :beer:

I have the WR above and the Hamburg '71 dvd which is awesome with Miroslav, Romao & Mouzon.

http://www.amazon.com/Weather-Report-Live-Hamburg-1971/dp/B003GE69QG/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1376615909&sr=1-2&keywords=weather+report+dvd

I'll have to look for the Abercrombie dvd's. I never heard of those. Want!

I also have the Allan Holdsworth "Live at Yoshi's" which is excellent, but I'm betting that you have this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Allan-Holdsworth-Alan-Pasqua-Yoshis/dp/B001EIOOUO/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1376616234&sr=1-2&keywords=allan+holdsworth+dvd

mswobo

• always after better sound need a money tree
« Reply #4817 on: 16 Aug 2013, 01:41 am »
Max Roach Jazz in 3/4 Time

ArthurDent

« Reply #4818 on: 16 Aug 2013, 03:58 am »
I have the WR above and the Hamburg '71 dvd which is awesome with Miroslav, Romao & Mouzon.

http://www.amazon.com/Weather-Report-Live-Hamburg-1971/dp/B003GE69QG/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1376615909&sr=1-2&keywords=weather+report+dvd

I'll have to look for the Abercrombie dvd's. I never heard of those. Want!

I also have the Allan Holdsworth "Live at Yoshi's" which is excellent, but I'm betting that you have this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Allan-Holdsworth-Alan-Pasqua-Yoshis/dp/B001EIOOUO/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1376616234&sr=1-2&keywords=allan+holdsworth+dvd

Dang CB, you're as bad as Pman when it comes to emptying my wallet.  :lol: I didn't have the ones you note, but they are ordered now.  Also ordered the Abercrombie/Laverne dvd, will report back on the quality.  For the Abercrombie's  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sabc?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&pageMinusResults=1&suo=1376624888390#/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_20?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=john+abercrombie+dvd&sprefix=john+abercrombie+dvd%2Cpopular%2C303&rh=n%3A5174%2Ck%3Ajohn+abercrombie+dvd.

And I know I've recommended it before, but if you don't have this  do not pass 'go', do not pay $200, simply bite the bullet & get it. I personally guarantee you will be floored. Another one I 'found' courtesy of martyo. I'd seen Bella posts, but never checked him out till I watched this video. It is simply amazing. Everyone in it is the creme de la creme.

Oh well, guess that's what I bust my ass working for, so I can enjoy the occasional treat, cause re-tire-ment means a new set of radials around here. Happy listening/viewing buddy.  :thumb:

ArthurDent

« Reply #4819 on: 16 Aug 2013, 04:10 am »
  Nice, ArthurDent ! Me gusta ! :thumb:
Hey there aragon, hope all is well with you, you haven't been posting much of late. Only have one other of his, though I can't say I'm familiar with his library, what I heard back in the day was a little too smooth for my taste then. But things change and I may do some browsing. Three was just a 'perfect' album at the time. Westchester Lady is a classic cut by any standards. Take Good Care & Be Well.  :thumb: