Pairing of Leben integrated 15 WPC amp with Omega super 6 alnico

AMIT

Hi
Very thrilled to post my first topic in this great forum. I have Leben CS300xs (15 WPC Integrated tube amp) and Ayon CD1s CDP as source. I want to purchase Omega Super 6 Alnico Hempcone speaker and one Deephemp subwoofer. My room is small around 15 ft x 12 ft (with another 12 ft x 11 ft room connected in 'L'shape). I don't have There is no dealer of Omega speaker in India, so I have to purchase without audition.  I have following questions:
1) How will be the Leben amp + Omega speaker pairing?
2) How Western classical symphony and Soft Rock music will sound in this set up?
3) Whether my room size will be ok for Super 6 Alnico superhemp?
4) Whether the mids will be warm sounding?
Plus any other aspects, which you like to advise

Thanks
Amit

Louis O

Hi Amit,

Many thanks for your post and welcome to AC.

I have great news for you and I too had the leben amp you have and will say it was a very very good match with the 6 XRS. Actually one of the best I heard.

The room size is fine and no worry with your music. The 6" alnico driver is very linear and not peaky at all. It measures flatter than any single driver I've seen. This driver in the XRS cabinet will give you what you're looking for.

Shipping to India is no problem at all.

Thanks again,
Louis

AMIT

Many thanks Louis for your reply.

This pairing has been suggested by one of the other forum member Mr. Gaurav to me. He is very pleased with your Super 8 alnico speaker. Your praising words about Leben + Omega pairing has further encouraged me.

Do you suggest Super 6 alnico XRS or combination of Super 6 alnico monitor with Deephemp cube subwoofer? I am not a loud thumping bass fanatic, but the bass should be tight and taut without much loudness.

Thanks again
Amit

mshan

Hi Louis:

I own your Omega Super 3R and wonder what you think about how synergistic the Leben is with this speaker?

ZLS

Many thanks Louis for your reply.

This pairing has been suggested by one of the other forum member Mr. Gaurav to me. He is very pleased with your Super 8 alnico speaker. Your praising words about Leben + Omega pairing has further encouraged me.

Do you suggest Super 6 alnico XRS or combination of Super 6 alnico monitor with Deephemp cube subwoofer? I am not a loud thumping bass fanatic, but the bass should be tight and taut without much loudness.

Thanks again
Amit

As an owner of a pair of Omega Woofers (Along with the Omega Sticks), I can state categorically that the Omega Woofers are exactly tight and taught.  I may also add very rhythmic. 
    They are the exact opposite of Home Theater "Boom-Boom" Bass. 

AMIT

Hi Louis,
For my 15 x 12 ft room size, you have recommended Super 6 alnico XRS FS. Whether XRS is bottom firing speaker? The leg spikes are quite long, that's why I think they are probably bottom firing.

One problem I have regarding the speaker placement. The speakers will be placed about 7.5 ft apart and approx. 2.5-3 ft distance from the rear wall. The distance from the side wall would be approx. 1.5 ft in one side and more than 6 ft in the other side (there is a passage in the right side). The space between the speakers is occupied by a furniture of approx. 6 ft long and 1.5 ft high. The CDP and Amp are placed on  this furniture. Will this furniture restrict the soundstage?

Louis O

Hi AMIT,

Many thanks and I appreciate the recommendation from Mr.Gaurav.

The XRS setup will have a warmer mid bass while the Monitor setup would be a little faster and tighter in this region.

ZLS is right on with the subs and they are far from boomy or thumpy. The are designed for music and are very fast. They have to be to keep up with the full range drivers.

The XRS's have the port bottom firing and the spikes do 2 things. One is to raise the speaker up for the port to breath and the other is to tilt the speaker back. The spikes on the rear are shorter than the front.

The spacing from the rear wall is fine and the separation is good too. Having less stuff in the middle would be better. I like to keep the gear as low as I can. What I do is use platforms for the electronics.

The side issue is OK, but if you can't move the setup it should work fine.

Hi mshan,

Please let me know if you have the newest drivers. The leben sounds great with my drivers.

Thanks again,
Louis

mshan

Hi Louis:

Not sure (I am not original owner).

The drivers have yellowish paper cones.

Louis O

Hi mshan,

Sounds like you have the Fostex and you can upgrade with the hemp drivers. Much better sound.

Thanks,
Louis

AMIT

Hi Louis,

Thank you for replying to my queries about speaker placement.
The furniture between the speakers is actually a single box bed (3ft x 6.5 ft). I have removed the mattress and use its top as platform for placing the equipments (CDP and Amp). The height of the bed is just below 17 inch. If I go for Super 6 Alnico monitor and deephemp combo, then what stand height do you suggest? Will the 17 inch high box bed in between be much of an issue with stand mount speakers? I don't have any other space in my small apartment to place this box bed. So I am constrained.

Louis O

Hi AMIT,

Thanks and it's pretty low which is good.

The Super 6 monitor needs a 20" stand. I think it will work out for you and you can position the speakers as normal.

Thanks,
Louis

AMIT

Hi Louis,

Thanks for your reply. I have initially planned for Super 6 alnico monitor standmount with Deephemp sub. But my Leben Amp manufacturer discouraged me to go for subwoofer, as my amp does not have provision for Subwoofer connection and the amp may get damaged. My amp has Bass boost (+) 4 db and (+) 8 db, which may to some extent help me in getting comparatively better bass.

I may have to go for Omega Super 6 Alnico XRS Floor stander now. I think XRS has warmer Bass compared to Deephemp. What do you suggest?

Thanks again
Amit

Louis O

Hi AMIT,

Many thanks and no worry at all. The XRS's will have great bass for you.

The subs can be hooked up high level and they are safe to use this way, but I won't go against the manufacturer. They make a wonderful amplifier.

The XRS will have a warmer midbass and deeper low bass.

This combo is great and I wish I still had the leben.

Thanks again,
Louis

Alwayswantmore

I am on my second set of Omegas. Current ones are Super 6 Alnicos and a single Deep Hemp. Powered by 30 watt battery operated amp (RWA). The sound is amazing. Louis knows his products best, so I defer to him on the XRS's.

Louis O

Hi Alwayswantmore,

Many thanks and the synergy with RWA is excellent.

The sub sounds great with the 6s and adds a great deal of correct bass. Without it in AMIT's room and reading what he is looking for, I think the 6 XRS's would be the ticket.

Thanks,
Louis

jlfo

Hello,
I´m about to try a Leben CS300XS with a pair of Omega Super 8 Alnico´s and the proper Skyland stands.
Any hint about distance from back and/or side walls?
Thanks,
Jose

plakey

What about a Hoyt-Bedford floorstander with the Leben CS300XS? How would it sound different than the Omegas?

dmitre

Hello,
I´m about to try a Leben CS300XS with a pair of Omega Super 8 Alnico´s and the proper Skyland stands.
Any hint about distance from back and/or side walls?
Thanks,
Jose

Jose,
Please share your results with us.

Thanks