A drunken Jerry Jones (Cowboy's owner), and that's not bad.

jackman

Okay, not trying to stir anything up but I just caught this clip of a seemingly drunk Jerry Jones and I suddenly like the guy.  It's not because he's a loud obnoxious drunk or because he's slamming the Big Tuna (who I do not like) or Tebow (I have no opinion of Tebow).  I am also not a fan of loud drunks or loudmouth people in general.   I just think it's kind've cool because he appears to be hanging out with fans in a bar, speaking his mind and having a few laughs (and a few drinks). 

I could never imagine any of the Chicago team's owners (Reinsdorf, Michael McCaskey, etc.), mingling with regular people, having a good time, being goofy and speaking their mind so freely.  Jerry suddenly seems human to me, not some isolated big wig (not a reference to his hair, honest!) in a skybox, surrounded by security, but a guy in a bar having a drink (or three) with some people and yucking it up.  I'm not a Cowboy fan but if I was in the bar, I would have bought him a drink and said "Go Bears!" and asked him for a job as official director of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader auditions.  He would have made fun of our QB, team and ownership and probably have me removed by security.  Good times! :thumb:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jerry-Jones-shares-his-honest-opinions-of-Tebow-?urn=nfl,233956

Kevin Haskins

Okay, not trying to stir anything up but I just caught this clip of a seemingly drunk Jerry Jones and I suddenly like the guy.  It's not because he's a loud obnoxious drunk or because he's slamming the Big Tuna (who I do not like) or Tebow (I have no opinion of Tebow).  I am also not a fan of loud drunks or loudmouth people in general.   I just think it's kind've cool because he appears to be hanging out with fans in a bar, speaking his mind and having a few laughs (and a few drinks). 

I could never imagine any of the Chicago team's owners (Reinsdorf, Michael McCaskey, etc.), mingling with regular people, having a good time, being goofy and speaking their mind so freely.  Jerry suddenly seems human to me, not some isolated big wig (not a reference to his hair, honest!) in a skybox, surrounded by security, but a guy in a bar having a drink (or three) with some people and yucking it up.  I'm not a Cowboy fan but if I was in the bar, I would have bought him a drink and said "Go Bears!" and asked him for a job as official director of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader auditions.  He would have made fun of our QB, team and ownership and probably have me removed by security.  Good times! :thumb:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jerry-Jones-shares-his-honest-opinions-of-Tebow-?urn=nfl,233956

I have a hard time imagining doing shots of Jack with Virginia McCaskey.   I think I prefer an elderly owner who doesn't make a fool of herself with anything more than business choices. 

jackman

I have a hard time imagining doing shots of Jack with Virginia McCaskey.   I think I prefer an elderly owner who doesn't make a fool of herself with anything more than business choices.

Maybe you are right!  I think the McCaskeys never venture out of the North Shore.  Mike wouldn't know what to do in a bar.  Somehow a drunken Jones made him seem human.  For the record, if I drink more than a beer or two, it's a rare ocasion.  Plus, I avoid loud drunks when I'm out.  Jerry seems like an entertaining guy however.