"Silly Season' in football begins !!

twitch54

"Silly Season' in football begins !!
« on: 17 Nov 2009, 10:47 pm »
Bills finally canned Juron last nite(what took you so long Ralph ??), who's next................Mangini I suspect, if he can't beat Detroit this week.

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: "Silly Season' in football begins !!
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2009, 10:57 pm »
Mangini's a good bet for next casualty but don't forget that Lovie's a loser and Cable's a criminal and Wes has a December ahead of him. And speculation is growing about Kubiak's future in Houston and Morris in TB. Half of the other teams have a new coach and most are doing pretty well considering their challenges.

Bigfish

« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2009, 11:43 pm »
I think the 2010 season is likely to begin with a record number of new NFL Coaches.  We fans are quick to blame the coaches and in some cases they truly are a big problem.  However, to be a consistent winner in the NFL year after year ownership needs to build a strong football operation.  The Steelers, Giants, Pats, Eagles and Cowboys are in top 16 teams year after year because they have great operations.  Until the Browns, Bills and many others can make that type of commitment they will have a hard time winning consistently. 

Ken

twitch54

« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2009, 01:24 am »
The Steelers, Giants, Pats, Eagles and Cowboys are in top 16 teams year after year because they have great operations.  Until the Browns, Bills and many others can make that type of commitment they will have a hard time winning consistently. 

Ken

Ken, I wouldn't put the Eagles in that group, yes they have been a consistent playoff team but not in the same company as the rest, hell Donavan and Andy rarely beat an AFC team.

As far as the Bills they were one of the Top AFC teams for a LONG time but I think Ralph has lost touch in the 21st century. yes I respect him for being an original member of the "Foolish Club" but his inability to put a top flite oraganization in place as you say is the real reason behind Bflo being in it's poor position.

maxwalrath

« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2009, 01:28 am »
The Steelers, Giants, Pats, Eagles and Cowboys are in top 16 teams year after year because they have great operations.  Until the Browns, Bills and many others can make that type of commitment they will have a hard time winning consistently. 

Ken

Ken, I wouldn't put the Eagles in that group, yes they have been a consistent playoff team but not in the same company as the rest, hell Donavan and Andy rarely beat an AFC team.

As far as the Bills they were one of the Top AFC teams for a LONG time but I think Ralph has lost touch in the 21st century. yes I respect him for being an original member of the "Foolish Club" but his inability to put a top flite oraganization in place as you say is the real reason behind Bflo being in it's poor position.

If the Cowboys can still be named as one of the elite teams, so can the Eagles.   The Cowboys are closer to 8-8 than 7-9 like the Bills are every year, and they won those Superbowls in the '90's rather than losing them, but the Cowboys are a lot closer to the Bills than any of the other franchises on this list. 

Dallas has a great history, but it's been almost 15 years since they won a playoff game.  Even when you look at ownership moves and trades over the past decade, the Eagles are doing a lot better than the Cowboys.  The recent trade to get Roy Williams wasn't a good sign of an elite organization either (because he sucks  :wink: )  Actually, the only other team in the NFC that hasn't won a playoff game this decade besides Cowboys is the Lions. 

twitch54

« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2009, 02:51 am »
What I meant (but didn't say) is the Eagles ARE NOT an Elite team, top sixteen as Ken says....yeah I'll give you that, but Elite...no way Jose ! Elite status puts one on a podium......where there is only room for three !! aa

Bigfish

« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2009, 03:20 am »
I was listening to the Sirius NFL channel when it was announced that the Bills had terminated their coach effective immediately.  The announcers commented that another owner or two would likely follow Wilson and fire their coaches.  Without a doubt the Browns and Redskins could be on that list!

Ken

F-100

« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2009, 03:32 am »
Add Tom Gable to the list also. I think he probably will get fired by the end of the season. I'm not a Raider's fan but they're sucked big time.  :lol: :lol: