New world record for delivery of Promitheus preamp?

gassor

New world record for delivery of Promitheus preamp?
« on: 21 Jul 2009, 09:57 pm »
After reading some of the posts in AudioCircle I was very wary about placing an order. But then reckless old me just went and did it and by God the thing arrived here 4 days later.  That is in sunny Glasgow Scotland all the way from Thailand.  Seems if they have it in stock then delivery can be quick.

Oh and by the way the unit is well made and is a very musical instrument.  It is transparent but has a sweetness to the sound.  And there is no bloated bass and because of this it PRATs along very well.  So all is sweetness and light at the end of the tunnel as I hope not to be upgrading for some time.

mca

Re: New world record for delivery of Promitheus preamp?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2009, 11:15 pm »
Which preamp did you purchase?

gassor

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jul 2009, 09:04 am »
Hi, I bought the basic balanced version which feeds into a Lyndorf digital amp.  Don't have a lot of experience in this area, but could passive preamps work better with big wattage power amps.  Had a tube pre which produced a more forceful sound, but the bottom end was not as easy to follow.  Don

Brown

« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2009, 01:21 pm »
Hi, I bought the basic balanced version which feeds into a Lyndorf digital amp.  Don't have a lot of experience in this area, but could passive preamps work better with big wattage power amps.  Had a tube pre which produced a more forceful sound, but the bottom end was not as easy to follow.  Don

The key to TVCs is using an amp with a low input sensitivity. The lower the better. Synergy is very important. Use ICs with low capacitance as well.

analogmart

« Reply #4 on: 9 Aug 2009, 03:51 am »
Hi Gassor
I think Promitheus is from Malaysia.  :D

beeah

« Reply #5 on: 5 Sep 2009, 02:05 am »
I paid for my single-ended TVC on 6/19, and it arrived in New York State on 6/24.  Simply amazing. 

I'm very pleased with this preamp - super transparent, with great extension on both ends of the audio spectrum.  And while I'm curious to swap my active preamps back in for the sake of comparison, I simply haven't had the urge - which, given my tendency toward upgrade-itis, says a lot.