voices

markc2

voices
« on: 27 Aug 2009, 06:12 pm »
I have a Mcintosh MC275 and their C220 pre-amp. I was very spoiled one time and got to hear an EAR-912.

After hearing what that did to my system, in particular what it did to voices was amazing. It was like having the whole voice in the room. The whole inner detail thing, I got what that means now. Heard it when it came to trumpets. Very simply I can't afford the Ear-912 but I was wondering since it was transformer coupled to the tubes, I was wondering if there were any similarities in sound to any of the Promitheus pre's.

A warmish,lush,but not rounding of the attacks would be really really cool.

I still can't get over how Madeleine Peyroux sounded with the EAR.

Thanks for any and all comments, and advice.

Mark

Quad ESL-63 USA monitors, Mcintosh C220, Mcintosh MC275V, Linn Lp12/Ittok/Skala.

Brown

Re: voices
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2009, 02:47 pm »
  Stay the way you are. The TVC is an excellent piece but no match for the Mac Pre IMO. If anything a dual mono "C" core TVC may give it a run. Besides the synergy you now have will be lost.
   By all means give it a try, ya never know until you do. 

milpai

• My Dedicated Audio Room
Re: voices
« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2009, 03:00 pm »
You should directly graduate to the "Signature" version which is listed on Promitheus site. But you will need to get in touch with Nicholas for the config and other details. I am sure you will not be disappointed.