Carolina Audiophiles G2G Schedule

richidoo

Carolina Audiophiles G2G Schedule
« on: 17 Jul 2009, 11:21 pm »
We have had two informal invitations to local gatherings in so many months, but nothing specifically for the AC Circle. Let's take a page from the NY Ravers and organize our meetings in advance, so everyone knows where and when.

Let's shoot for quarterly meetings for now. 

Let's forget about August, I can't even get my best friends here for a hamburger, everyone's just too busy. So September or October would be a good month to start. October allows us to skip December too, another busy month.

You can also post invitations here for an informal or a last minute minimeet.  It's OK to say limit 5 people if you don't have the room. Let's keep it real. Hosts shouldn't feel like they need to throw a wedding. People can bring their own food, or donate $5 to pay for everything the host provides, or for $10 for catering. Don't be shy about the details. I am picky about parking on the grass.

Neither the listening space nor the audio system need be exotic and impressive in order to have fun. Small rooms and inexpensive systems are fine. Audiophiles will always enjoy coming to hear a new system, to learn how you solved your problems with creative solutions, and of course to shoot the shit with other audiophiles. Audiophiles love to help others so if you are a newbie, don't hesitate to invite some guys over to hear your receiver. You can't imagine how much you will learn. And how much more fun you will have when you share the hobby with friends who "understand."

It would be fun to have a local DIY gathering where people can demonstrate there creations to receptive crowd and get some valuable feedback.

Comments and suggestions welcome!

Will someone volunteer to host an October meeting?
Thanks
Rich

ssglx

Re: Carolina Audiophiles G2G Schedule
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2009, 12:57 am »
Rich,

When I can make them, I do enjoy the larger meets, and chatting about hifi. But I definitely also like the concept of mini-meets. I've spent time dialing in my systems, reaching for their full potential. I'd also enjoy hearing and hearing about other folks systems, and maybe without the pressure of many swapouts of wires and components. Maybe some high efficiency stuff, or panel drivers.

I had my semi-audiophile brother in law over here a little while back for a rare visit. We both had a really good time for several hours spinning the discs and showing off what the modest system does really well (as opposed to a focus on what it doesn't).
He even listened when I went off into my experiences with wires. It was fun.

Put me down for interest in the mini-meet concept.

Chris

richidoo

Re: Carolina Audiophiles G2G Schedule
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2009, 01:28 am »
Thanks Chris...