"SHOCKING" A-Rod linked to failed steroid test in 2003

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: "SHOCKING" A-Rod linked to failed steroid test in 2003
« Reply #80 on: 5 Mar 2009, 08:20 pm »
The latest rumor swirling around Alex is that he and Bud have concocted a story involving a hip injury, which will require a surgery and a lengthy recovery for Alex, to cover up a double secret probation -- 50 game suspension for the 1st time steroid user.  Or is he really going to a detox center 'cause he is still juiced and can't pass a drug test?   Plus, he can now be legally on steroid for recovery.  :icon_twisted:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #81 on: 5 Mar 2009, 09:26 pm »
There is a MASSIVE cover-up going - by everyone  :evil:

Can you imagine 103 players among 600 got caught with performance-enhancing drugs in their system....that's 17%.  Do we know that all 600 players were tested...or were those just the first 103? (ha - not :( )

Selig should go to jail for his complicit role in the cover-up and the records of all 103 players should be scrubbed.  THAT'S sending a message of intolerance for such nonsense. 

Until people lose something, performance-enhancing drug use in Latin America, the nation's High School and Colleges and Minor Leagues will continue to proliferate.

Really, I don't blame the players much.  They have been encouraged by ever fatter contracts to bulk up and 'put on 20 lbs of muscle' during the off-season (nearly impossible to do without steroids in the 4 months they have off).

Aside from this is the carelessness of the Major Leagues for the health of these humans.  There is a (known) wide-range of truly destructive effects from the use of steroids...topical and internally applied...besides 'big heads' and zits/acne.

Sad day indeed.... John  :cry:

rydenfan

« Reply #82 on: 8 Mar 2009, 02:05 pm »
A-ROD will have surgery!! He is going to have arthroscopic surgery that will keep him out 6-9 weeks

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #83 on: 8 Mar 2009, 02:38 pm »
There is a MASSIVE cover-up going - by everyone  :evil:

Can you imagine 103 players among 600 got caught with performance-enhancing drugs in their system....that's 17%.  Do we know that all 600 players were tested...or were those just the first 103? (ha - not :( )

Selig should go to jail for his complicit role in the cover-up and the records of all 103 players should be scrubbed.  THAT'S sending a message of intolerance for such nonsense. 

Until people lose something, performance-enhancing drug use in Latin America, the nation's High School and Colleges and Minor Leagues will continue to proliferate.

Really, I don't blame the players much.  They have been encouraged by ever fatter contracts to bulk up and 'put on 20 lbs of muscle' during the off-season (nearly impossible to do without steroids in the 4 months they have off).

Aside from this is the carelessness of the Major Leagues for the health of these humans.  There is a (known) wide-range of truly destructive effects from the use of steroids...topical and internally applied...besides 'big heads' and zits/acne.

Sad day indeed.... John  :cry:

John,

There were roughly 1000 players tested...not sure why you are saying 600?

As for your other comments, I will leave those alone. 

George

geowak

« Reply #84 on: 9 Mar 2009, 02:25 am »
Stop the madness....I cannot take it anymore.

When will American sports fans realize that the so called athletes you put on pedestals and spend so much time watching on tv are babies???
Not to mention how insane and stupid the costs are to watch them on pay channels and at the events.

A-Rod, McQuire, Sosa, M. Vick, T. Owens and the list goes on and on. These guys are our kids heroes.... come on GET REAL. And we build the big stadiums to see them.....WOW!

Our soldiers are our heroes. These guys ONLY get big money and press from STUPID sports fans who talk about them all the time and watch them.

Hey guys, LETS ALL GROW UP.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #85 on: 30 Apr 2009, 05:24 pm »

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #86 on: 30 Apr 2009, 06:10 pm »
In the light of this new information from the book, http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/04/29/2009-04-29_arod_on_roids_for_years_new_book_claims_juiced_with_yanks__even_as_a_teen_source.html
what is going to be A-Rod's legacy? 

Let's wait for the book to be released so we can judge its credibility before making any final decisions on A-Rod.  The excerpts that are being pre-released sound like stuff my wife would read in People Magazine and that raises my eyebrows.

I really hope this isn't yet another "smear the celebrity" type book.

George

sts9fan

« Reply #87 on: 30 Apr 2009, 07:20 pm »
Let's wait for the book to be released so we can judge its credibility before making any final decisions on A-Rod.

I would like to offer an alterative version of this statement with.

Let's not.

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #88 on: 30 Apr 2009, 07:21 pm »
Let's wait for the book to be released so we can judge its credibility before making any final decisions on A-Rod.

I would like to offer an alterative version of this statement with.

Let's not.

What I would expect from a Red Sox fan who can't get past the rivalry.

Sad, sad, sad.

George

sts9fan

« Reply #89 on: 30 Apr 2009, 07:40 pm »
oh that hurts... :roll:

Rivalry?  I just don't like A-Roid.    Honestly I would dislike him MORE if I was a Yanks fan.  I think its you that have the rivalry on the mind.  I guess that's all I can expect from a Yankees fan. 

Sad sad sad

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #90 on: 30 Apr 2009, 07:50 pm »
oh that hurts... :roll:

Rivalry?  I just don't like A-Roid.    Honestly I would dislike him MORE if I was a Yanks fan.  I think its you that have the rivalry on the mind.  I guess that's all I can expect from a Yankees fan. 

Sad sad sad

Whether I like or dislike A-rod is irrelevant.  I was simply suggesting that people wait to see the credibility of the book before believing that what is printed it accurate or true.  Let's face it, there are tons of books about celebrities that aren't exactly 100% accurate and lean towards sensationalizing things.  My view on this has nothing to do with A-rod being a Yankee, but rather with him being a real person.  If the book is credible and accurate, A-rod will get what he deserves for his actions.  To be honest, the only stuff I really care about is the steroids - I can care less about his social activities.

As for my rivalry comment...you were the one posting a picture of A-rod against the Sox and with a purse photo shopped in - not me.

BTW, I still would love to have you over for a visit.   :thumb:

George

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #91 on: 30 Apr 2009, 07:55 pm »
Guys, Guys, Guys...

Let's hope for a regular season that gets both our teams into the playoffs.  Maybe then in October we can meet up food, drinks and serious *smack* talk  Cool?   :thumb:

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #92 on: 30 Apr 2009, 07:58 pm »
Guys, Guys, Guys...

Let's hope for a regular season that gets both our teams into the playoffs.  Maybe then in October we can meet up food, drinks and serious *smack* talk  Cool?   :thumb:

We are cool Tyler, no worries.

George

sts9fan

« Reply #93 on: 30 Apr 2009, 08:04 pm »
Let's hope for a regular season that gets both our teams into the playoffs. 

I roundly reject this statement

BTW, I still would love to have you over for a visit.

For sure.  Have you rescheduled the gathering?
I am diggin the GR sub.  If you want to give it a listen you are free to swing by Newton anytime.

JP78

« Reply #94 on: 1 May 2009, 04:36 am »
perhaps it's also good to remember a-rod won't be at the top of the record books when careers are said and done...there is still a reportedly clean player by the name of albert pujols who seems to be ripping it up these days without any fanfare.

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #95 on: 1 May 2009, 11:16 am »
perhaps it's also good to remember a-rod won't be at the top of the record books when careers are said and done...there is still a reportedly clean player by the name of albert pujols who seems to be ripping it up these days without any fanfare.

Without any fanfare?   :scratch:   I hope you mean negative fanfare!

Pujols is widely acknowledged as being the best player in baseball and his first seven seasons in baseball are legendary and surpassed by only a few baseball immortals.

George

JP78

« Reply #96 on: 2 May 2009, 09:41 am »

Without any fanfare?   :scratch:   I hope you mean negative fanfare!

Pujols is widely acknowledged as being the best player in baseball and his first seven seasons in baseball are legendary and surpassed by only a few baseball immortals.

George

exactly! well that and the fact pujols doesn't talk himself up during interviews, or cause unnecessary drama upon himself. well, while we're at it i suppose he plays pretty selflessly as well, especially when it comes to sacrificing stats to advance runners. the worst part of admitting all this is that i'm a huge cubs fan! :D

pjchappy

« Reply #97 on: 2 May 2009, 02:11 pm »
Now there's a book coming out saying A-Rod may have been tipping pitches to the opposing team during blowouts. . . :nono:

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #98 on: 2 May 2009, 04:38 pm »
...and using the juice since highschool and while with the Yankees
...and he had an afair with Madonna

TheChairGuy

« Reply #99 on: 2 May 2009, 05:23 pm »
I think in time we'll find A-Rod to have been a caricature of a major league ballplayer....skilled enough to scoot thru the ranks without drugs, but ultimately a superstar product of drugs of various sorts.

Marion Jones, Ben Johnson, Floyd Landis meet fellow cheat, Alex Rodriguez :cry:

John