Will sound degrade connecting the analog and digital out puts to my SB3?

alana106

I have a SB3 with the Bolder Digital Mod and an early Bolder PS that I have been very happy with.  I currently have the SB3 digital output connected through a Paradisea DAC to my main system.   What problems might I create if I also connect the SB3 analog outputs to a receiver to power the speakers on my deck?  I would never expect to be using the 2 systems simultaneously.
   Also, If this is not a good option, could the digital Toslink be connected to the separate receiver without harm?
Thanks,
Alan

bprice2

I've had that setup for a couple of years and it works like a charm.  The only difference is I have the full Bolder mods. 

Wayne1

There will be no problems with using both the digital outputs AND the analog outs or any variation of those.

Sound quality will improve with any of the newer power supplies and having analog mods done  :wink:

alana106

Thanks for all of the Info. :thumb:

I've been doing some remodeling, and now intend to change the powering of my deck speakers from my office system to my main system location.

Alan

tyree91

Wayne, will the Duet Full mod improve the SPDIF out vs the Digital Only Mod?

Wayne1

The full mod changes the analog output caps and analog output connectors. The digital section mod is the same in the digital only mod and full mod.