HT 8's available for listening sessions in the Toronto area

RAW

We are pleased to have Custom Concepts in Mississauga, Ontario
as an approved source for enclosures for RAW Acoustics products.
This is a warm welcome to add more availability to our customers for those who live on the East coast we have spent some time talking with Denny at Custom Concepts. For those who would like to purchase a kit from us and have the cabinets done by Denny.

This makes the best out of our time to complete project we have going now for new products as well as processing orders for complete speakers a lot more manageable.
We still continue to produce finished speakers on a daily basis with adding Denny as a option this makes it a lot easier for those on the East to get custom cabinets for our kits.
http://www.customconcepts.ca/
Denny's email
customconcepts@sympatico.ca

We have just sent out a HT8 kit to Denny and he will be working on getting the HT8 done for a show he has arranged coming up.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
Re: HT 8's available for listening sessions in the Toronto area
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2007, 04:12 pm »
The HT 8 kit is en route from B.C. to Toronto right now. We are hoping to have them up and running at the next TAAS meet coming up in late January.

We are looking forward to hearing this interesting configuration, a 7" wide tower, MTM with a ribbon tweeter, & side firing woofers, that goes down to 27 hz. Sounds interesting.  8)

Cheers

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2007, 09:27 pm »
Received the HT 8 kit from Al the other day. Al suggested that just for kicks, to assemble some test boxes and listen to the WR 125 ST drivers run full range. So I did that last night. Hooked them up to my HT in a box setup, and found out that he wasn't kidding about how high these drivers will extend.

Makes me want to try the full range FR 125 S.

Here are some pics of the kit which arrived in 2 boxes. Everything is well organized and well packaged.

I'm trying to get these done in time for our next TAAS meet. I'll take photo's of the build and post when I can. Hope I can get them done by then. Cool. :thumb:

I'm off to the races.

Those XBL^2 motors are huge!

Cheers

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2007, 09:41 pm »
Hey, thanks for the chat today, I will lend you a set of those FR125's to play with, I think you will find them interesting!

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #4 on: 19 Jan 2007, 09:57 pm »
Hey Mark,

Yeah, interesting stuff. Love talking shop. Hope to have you come by next weekend. I'm trying real hard to get these HT 8's done for then.

Cheers

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jan 2007, 03:09 am »
Some more progress on the HT 8's. Tomorrow, final assembly, and with any luck, they'll be in the spray booth by the evening.  :thumb:

Cheers

RAW

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jan 2007, 07:58 am »
Looking very nice Denny.

With a little luck I think these may just make a show on the weekend.
All the best of luck this week end.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jan 2007, 03:03 pm »
They'll be going in the spray booth today.  :thumb:

Cheers

Richard

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jan 2007, 02:26 am »
Hi Denny,
The quality of your work on the cabinet and braces looks very impressive.
By the way are those mitered corners on the sides of the cabinet?
Do not be shy about posting lots of consruction pictures. Personally I find it fascinating.I gather you are going for a paint finish instead of veneer. What colour are you using?
I am definitely in line for you to build my cabinets.
Regards,
Mumbles

RAW

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2007, 02:33 am »
Richard.
You should make the weekend visit to Denny's place and have a listen to them.

Did you ever get your HT8 and Apex C finished yet?
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2007, 02:55 am by RAW »

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #10 on: 26 Jan 2007, 02:56 am »
Yup, mitered corners, painted finish. They're in primer as they will be a demo pair, and will get nicked and dinged from that. But we will be doing some in the coming weeks in veneer, so I'll post pics of those as well.

Doing the crossovers now, and final assembly tomorrow.

Partially assembled crossovers.

Cheers

mumbles

« Reply #11 on: 26 Jan 2007, 05:17 pm »
Hi Al,
I finished the Apex cabinet no veneer yet and made a custom stand which also houses the crossovers. My business has been so demanding that it took ten months to do that so I am very excited to get the Ht8 cabinets made for me. I will be sending you some pictures of my Apex crossover assemblies to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be. Is Sunday a possibility for viewing the Ht8s?
I am sure this east coast assembly will be great for your business.
All the best,
Richard

RAW

« Reply #12 on: 26 Jan 2007, 05:54 pm »
That sound great Richard.
Yes I am sure you at times can be a little busy with jewels a
By all means send over the crossover pictures and we can make sure it all works out.

And to get Denny to build them HT8 cabinets and maybe even match the finish on your center channel you built would look great.

Not sure when Denny is playing which speakers but I am sure you will make the event.

Yes we feel to add Denny as a option for those on the east coast will bring us up another level.

Enjoy the show , to bad I can not make it.

mcgsxr

« Reply #13 on: 26 Jan 2007, 07:33 pm »
Hey Mumbles/Richard, hope that you are well!

I was at Denny's shop yesterday, very impressive, and saw the HT8 progress - interesting speaker, and very well constructed indeed!

I hope they are ready for Sunday, I would like to hear them, and compare them to how I remember the HT3.

RAW

« Reply #14 on: 26 Jan 2007, 08:16 pm »
Mark have fun wished i could make it.
Sounds like Denny may put one of these on in a few months and I will say I will make that one.

The sound difference between the HT8 and HT3.
Well like compairing a HT1 To a HT2.
Better mids , more depth,imaging, more spl, lower impact range.
But what do you expect for a $3000.00 speaker to a $1300.00 speaker.
Both hit low below 30hz.
But really for the $1300 for the HT3 hard to find a speaker that can do what it does for the money.
Were the HT8 price we have just changed the pricing and options for the HT8
Before the HT8 came fully loaded with all the options less the high gloss finish for $3999.99, with this speaker we found more and more people asking if the Sonicap and Platinum by pass caps at almost $1000.00 worth of caps made that much difference.

Does it ! Well for the audiophile who wants the best that we can offer yes.For the average person looking at a good 3 way they may get the difference but may not.
So we now offer the HT8 with Solen Caps in a finished speaker then you can add all the options to this speaker.This way you can make the choice if you want the caps or not.

Now the kits stay the same for the HT8.

Will be interesting to get the reviews from the HT8, just hope Denny can get a few hrs on them before you all arrive.
As the HT8 will have only a few hrs on them

Have a good time :guitar:

mumbles

« Reply #15 on: 26 Jan 2007, 09:24 pm »
Hey Mark,
Thanks life is good.
I realize now thanks to your post that I have yet to hear the Ht8 even though I bought the kit so I better get out there. Where about is Custom Concepts and what is there address their site is not responding right now.
Thaks,
Richard

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #16 on: 26 Jan 2007, 10:35 pm »
mumbles,

Here is our location. Come on down, you are the next contestant!  :D

Custom Concepts
34-366 Revus Avenue
Mississauga, Ontario
L5G 4S5

Cheers

RAW

« Reply #17 on: 27 Jan 2007, 07:20 am »
Well Denny got the HT8 assembled tonight and he called around 12pm EST to say they are playing :thumb:

But Denny is not sure if the 11,000 sq ft building is going to be standing in the am ,after the HT8 play all night long!

I tried to tell him as I do over and over with people.The HT8 goes LOW and moves a lot of air .With only 4 of the side firing woofers 2 in each speaker, the room all 11,000 sq ft of it is full.

Those who are attending remember this the HT8 needs no sub.This design has a lot of low end extention and this speaker will have a lot of impact in the low end this pair is tuned to 27Hz.This would be the same as any other speaker matched with a sub,long as that sub can produce low end below 30Hz.

This pair of HT8 speakers is almost a full trimmed HT8 another words the crossover parts are all Sonicap, Mills resistors  with Gen II by pass caps on each cap value less the large cap stack in the midrange.This cap stack is 70% Solen 30% Sonicap then a Gen II bypass cap as well , another words this capacitor is the only capacitor not 100% Sonicap.

All the best for the Saturday and Sunday show at Denny's place.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #18 on: 27 Jan 2007, 04:09 pm »
They're up and running! Bonus.  :thumb:

The build process: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=939

Cheers
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2007, 07:44 am by Daygloworange »

mumbles

« Reply #19 on: 27 Jan 2007, 04:42 pm »
Hi Denny,
You definitely know how to get the job done. They look great!
Are those two sets of binding posts I am seeing? I guess I will not need to ask these questions soon.
What hours are you keeping Saturday and even Monday(my day off)?