How about a "Listen to Music" get together???

DTB300

« on: 20 Apr 2006, 01:36 pm »
Been pretty quiet here since Stan's birthday.  So quiet, it is probably almost time for Stan's Birthday again!!!!!  :D

Anyone interested in a "Listen to Music and Talk Audio Get Together" at my place in a couple of weeks?  I am open to almost any date (that is once I check with the wife  :lol: )  Saturday afternoon is probably the best day and time.  Let us tentatively set a time up for 1:00pm - 5:00pm or so and we can talk/discuss setting up a date.

I will provide all the food and non-alcoholic beverages for those that wish to attend.  For alcoholic beverages, I ask that you bring your own as I am not really a drinker anymore other than an occasional beer or glass of wine.

FYI...we have three attack cats prowling the home grounds, so if you are allergic to long hair cats please keep this in consideration.  Though a good sweeping of the estate usually proves to help those afflicted who have come over.

Dan

Dave G

« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2006, 06:28 pm »
Dan,

Count me in.  I missed the last session at your place and would really like to hear your system.  Saturday afternoon sounds good, although sometimes I've got a soccer game to coach.

Dave

DTB300

« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2006, 06:47 pm »
Quote from: Dave G
Count me in.  I missed the last session at your place and would really like to hear your system.  Saturday afternoon sounds good, although sometimes I've got a soccer game to coach.

Ummm...There wasn't a last time :lol:  

Anyways, glad to hear you are interested.  Let's see what others think about a day sometime in May (13th or 20th maybe?) and we will go from there.

Dan

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2006, 07:57 pm »
Good call, Dan.  I should be able to drop by on a May Saturday.  It's time to break out from the winter doldrums.  BTW, I think Dave is thinking of the time when you had a last minute call to compare cables.  I think Chris B. was the only one who made it.

DTB300

« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2006, 06:25 pm »
Quote from: woodsyi
Good call, Dan.  I should be able to drop by on a May Saturday.  It's time to break out from the winter doldrums.  BTW, I think Dave is thinking of the time when you had a last minute call to compare cables.  I think Chris B. was the only one who made it.

Oh yeah - that last time....   :oops:  The brain cell decrease seems to continue onward lately..  :lol:  

Glad to hear May will be okay for you.  

Talked with the wife and either day should be fine with her.  So let us see what the general concensus is for a final date.

Dan

DTB300

Tentative Date...
« Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2006, 07:38 pm »
Okay folks....How about the following as a day and time for the Get Together:

Date:  Saturday, May 20th
Start Time:  1:00pm

Dave G

« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2006, 09:55 pm »
May 20 works for me.  

Dave

SWG255

Count me in too!
« Reply #7 on: 23 Apr 2006, 11:59 pm »
The 20th of May is good for me too. My buddy Scott will probably join us if that's alright, that saves someone else having to give me a ride to and from. Please post directions again as the date draws closer.

DTB300

Re: Count me in too!
« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2006, 12:30 pm »
Quote from: SWG255
The 20th of May is good for me too. My buddy Scott will probably join us if that's alright, that saves someone else having to give me a ride to and from. Please post directions again as the date draws closer.

Sure, Scott can join us....Everyone is welcome.

I will be pm'ing directions to all that post here as wanting to attend.

Thanks...Dan

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2006, 06:59 pm »
May 20 should be good for me.  Stan, if Scott flakes out again, call me and I will give you a ride.  :wink:

DTB300

« Reply #10 on: 1 May 2006, 06:36 pm »
Bump.......as a reminder...

DTB300

Directions to be sent out for 5/20 Get Together...
« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2006, 02:27 pm »
For next weekend 5/20, only 4 people have responded as being able to attend:

Dave G
Woodsyi
SWG255
Chris B.

I plan on sending out directions to each of these people via PM toward the middle of next week.  If anyone else is interested in attending, please either post in this thread or drop me a PM to receive directions.

BYOB as Food and Soda will be provided

Thanks....Dan

DTB300

« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2006, 02:36 pm »
BTW...I forgot to mention in previous posts that I live near White Flint Mall or for those that are not familiar with the area, near Rockville, MD.

Thanks,
Dan

DTB300

« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2006, 12:55 pm »
For this weekend 5/20, 7 people have responded as being able to attend:

Dave G
Woodsyi
SWG255 + 2
Chris B.
Den

I plan on sending out directions to each of these people via PM today, so watch your inbox for mail.

BYOB as Food and Soda will be provided

Thanks....Dan

Dave G

« Reply #14 on: 17 May 2006, 01:40 pm »
Thanks for the directions, Dan.  See you on Saturday.

Dave

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2006, 03:40 pm »
Got your direction.  See you then.

DTB300

« Reply #16 on: 19 May 2006, 12:12 am »
BTW...to everyone that is attending.  I do not run a Vinyl setup, Digital Only.  So if you were thinking of bringing some Vinyl, no need to.

My source is an Alexander/Modwright modified Sony player - so Redbook and SACD are viable options for music.

See 'yall on Saturday.

Dan

pacifico

« Reply #17 on: 19 May 2006, 01:31 am »
i may be able to sneak out of my hous for a hot minute on saturday and it would be nice to meet you all. please PM me. I live on twinbrook parkway in maryland and will be sure to bring good beer if I can make it. -ap

DTB300

« Reply #18 on: 19 May 2006, 12:18 pm »
Quote from: pacifico
i may be able to sneak out of my hous for a hot minute on saturday and it would be nice to meet you all. please PM me. I

PM sent...

HChi

« Reply #19 on: 20 May 2006, 03:32 am »
I just found out this Mid-Atlantic Audio Circle. Even though tomorrow's schedule is a bit hectic for me, can I still get the direction and meeting time just in case I could make it? I hope it is not too late!

Thanks,
Howard