bunky

Thanksgiving
« on: 24 Nov 2005, 02:36 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at the Mid Atlantic Audiocircle....WCW III

Gordy

Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2005, 03:55 am »
Thank you Bunky!

It's most definitely a good year to count our blessings, not the least of which for living in this region of the country and world!!!

Another one of those who shall not be named (from New England) sent me this... http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=0183913358

SWG255

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2005, 06:05 pm »
I have much to be thankful for this year, my wife has pulled through the surgery she had last Monday and is doing better than I ever expected by this early date. My daughter and i are making the Thanksgiving dinner, so it's a bit scaled back, but it will be just dandy anyway.

I hope everyone will have time to enjoy some good music over this long weekend, i intend to!

DTB300

Re: Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!
« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2005, 08:03 pm »
Quote from: SWG255
I hope everyone will have time to enjoy some good music over this long weekend, i intend to!

Good to hear your wife is doing well...Great news!!!

So far as Music...My amp has been in Class A mode since early this morning and music has been playing all day  :)  As I wait to do the next step in cooking (I prepare the entire meal hear at my home), I run downstairs and enjoy some tunes...

Dan

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!
« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2005, 04:32 pm »

I have much to be thankful for this year, my wife has pulled through the surgery she had last Monday and is doing better than I ever expected by this early date.

Stan, I hope she gets better very quickly.  It was a scheduled elective surgery, I hope?  I fixed a few things like cleaning and oiling the bearing and replacing the stretched belt and my TT is holding the speed much better.  I also have another power supply coming that should just about eliminate flutter, I hope.  You will have to come over and see if you can hear the difference.  

So far as Music...My amp has been in Class A mode since early this morning and music has been playing all day icon_smile.gif As I wait to do the next step in cooking (I prepare the entire meal hear at my home), I run downstairs and enjoy some tunes...

Dan, when are you ready to unveil your system? :mrgreen:

I have ricmon coming over Tuesday to listen to my RM40's as he is interested in a pair for a possible purchase.  I am only charging a bottle of Chimay an hour.  :wink:  Speaking of getting together, who is stepping up for the next MAAC meeting?

SWG255

Thanksgiving
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2005, 06:39 pm »
Rim, yes, Susan's surgery was elective, but it is almost a total reconstruction of her left foot. I'm just amazed how well she's doing though.

If Ricmon wants to hear some rock-and-roll on RM40s, he's more than welcome to come by my place (Scott made me say that :mrgreen:  )

Dan, when will weget to hear your system and those fine M-L panels?

DTB300

Re: Thanksgiving
« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2005, 07:20 pm »
Dan, when will weget to hear your system and those fine M-L panels?

Stan, Rim and any other MAAC member. It does not have to be an official get-together for people to stop over and listen to tunes for the afternoon while quaffing some liquid refreshments and consuming some nourishment :D

'yall are welcome to come over anytime for some listening and music time.   Weekends obviously work the best for probably most of us - and it gives us more time to spend together chatting audio and auditioning music.

Just let me know what day is best for people and I will make sure the house is straightened up (wife rule).  We can setup a day and time as soon as this Saturday if you wish!!!  BTW, I live up near White Flint Mall.

BTW...we have three long haired cats that roam within our home, so if anyone is allergic to them, our place may not be the best environment for you.

Again just let me know when 'yall want to come over and I will get it cleared with the wife.

Dan