Decent Remote Control for Candela

Oostexan

Decent Remote Control for Candela
« on: 31 Jan 2023, 07:47 pm »
I am so fortunate that Klaus has made an absolutely beautiful system for me.  I have an amazing set of Liquids and selected the copper coating for my amps, Candela, and Suspiro reference.  It's a beautiful system.  However, I have this very utilitarian looking black remote control.  Does anyone know how to program the Candela volume into a really nice remote?  Is there a really nice remote control that any of you have purchased and would recommend?

TJHUB

Re: Decent Remote Control for Candela
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2023, 02:52 pm »
Have you looked around for any learning remote you might like better?

I don't like the Apple remote that came with my preamp, so I found a simple learning remote that I like better.

Mariusz Uszynski

« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2023, 03:45 pm »

I have had Universal Remote Control MX-450 since 2010 and still love it.This one is very easy to teach, you can program it yourself.I also have MX-990, but for this one, you'll need professional and software to program it, unless you're computer genius, you may be able to do it yourself.

tparm

« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2023, 07:08 pm »
I am so fortunate that Klaus has made an absolutely beautiful system for me.  I have an amazing set of Liquids and selected the copper coating for my amps, Candela, and Suspiro reference.  It's a beautiful system.  However, I have this very utilitarian looking black remote control.  Does anyone know how to program the Candela volume into a really nice remote?  Is there a really nice remote control that any of you have purchased and would recommend?

My Liquids are to arrive on the 10th. Have a photo of your system? I am considering the Kismet Reference Monos and Candela. Do you have a digital front end? If so, what DAC and/or streamer do you use? There are so many options that seem like they’d work well with the Odyssey stack; Sonnet, Gold Note, Lab12 and Holo Audio are ones I am considering.

Sorry, I didn’t answer your question but got excited to find another Liquid owner.  :)

Oostexan

« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2023, 07:32 pm »
This is what my system looks like.  Inside the cabinet, I have the power supply for the Suspiro Reference, a SimAudio Moon streamer, and other devises.

Oostexan

« Reply #5 on: 1 Feb 2023, 07:35 pm »
Oh...and by the way...this is the super cool remote I am using for my Suspiro... :roll:

Come on Klaus...  :D

TJHUB

« Reply #6 on: 1 Feb 2023, 08:24 pm »
Wow, that is far worse than I imagined.  Now wonder you're looking for options.

tparm

« Reply #7 on: 1 Feb 2023, 08:27 pm »
This is what my system looks like.  Inside the cabinet, I have the power supply for the Suspiro Reference, a SimAudio Moon streamer, and other devises.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. nice veneer there in the frame too!

Oostexan

« Reply #8 on: 1 Feb 2023, 08:31 pm »

Yeah...here is a full look at the Lounge...as you can see, that remote does not blend well.  ;-).  There is a full bar over the right that you cannot see in this picture...

tparm

« Reply #9 on: 1 Feb 2023, 08:45 pm »
Beautiful.

Oostexan

« Reply #10 on: 1 Feb 2023, 10:32 pm »
Beautiful.

Thank you Tparm!  I have put a lot of effort into making the Lounge a nice room, and when the copper is shined up, it is absolutely beautiful!

Phil A

« Reply #11 on: 1 Feb 2023, 11:04 pm »

Programming takes $$$.  That's why the only thing that works is the volume on it.  I'm sure Klaus could design the component to change sources and do other things but then the preamp would cost lots more.  Odyssey sell consumer direct and gets a quality product to you without the mark-up of going through a distributor and dealer network.  The cost of parts vs. what you are paying for in total in an Odyssey component or speaker is a much higher percentage than buying something at retail.  Also don't forget the dollars that many companies spend on advertising.