Escape from Area 51 (2021) starring Baywatch's Donna D'Errico

WGH

How in the world did "Escape from Area 51" get on my movie list? Somewhere I heard an ad mentioning aliens, Area 51 and comedy and it sounded good to me. Without reading any reviews or watching the trailer I was all in. How bad could it be? It does have a lot of cleavage.

I never watched Baywatch (or saw the September 1995 issue of Playboy) so had no idea who Donna D’Errico is. Motley Crue was never on my turntable so rocker Nikki Sixx is way off my radar along with their daughter Frankie Sixx who is also in this movie. Popular culture is way over my head these days.

There is a plot, I missed it because my mind was turning to mush about halfway through, I'll have to rely on Cleopatra Entertainment's description:

"ESCAPE FROM AREA 51 begins when a group of teenage conspiracy theorists try to raid the infamous military base, Area 51, in the Nevada desert. No one gets in – but someone gets out. Sheera (D’Errico), a sexy alien warrior, uses a power glitch to escape from captivity at Area 51. Her escape using a portal gun sets off an energy signature which attracts the attention of her arch-rival in space Sklarr (Chris Browning). Sheera must now elude an Area 51 scientist, as well as Sklarr, to rescue her fellow warrior and find her way back to her planet."

I still have no idea what everyone involved was thinking. Were they intentionally making a bad movie? A campy movie? A film so bad that it's fun to watch? I need a 15 year old to review this film because I'm at a loss.

Watch the trailer Earthlings:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfxJLOAAHjM

The "I should have eaten some gummies before watching" 1 star rating
 :thumb: