Questions about Odyssey Stratos HT3

hifimojo04

« on: 11 Aug 2004, 03:31 am »
I'm just wondering what are the options for the Odyssey Stratos HT3?
Is there a cap upgrade or upgrades from its current reference 120,000 uF capacitance?  If so, what are they and how much do they cost?

Also, does anyone know if I can get the silver chasis anodized (the $75 face or $99 chasis ANODIZED, not $200+ for 99% silver faceplate)

Also, does anyone know what the current wait at Odyssey is?

Finally, I know Odyssey offers groenberg cables.  How expensive are they and are they worth it?  

Thank you so much!  I'd just like to find out what I can before giving Klaus a call.  He seems like such a nice guy from what I've heard!  Heck, I wish I could work with the guy for a summer, I'd love to learn that kind of art! (I'm a grad student)
 :wink:

Marbles

Re: Questions about Odyssey Stratos HT3
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2004, 03:44 am »
Quote from: hifimojo04
I'm just wondering what are the options for the Odyssey Stratos HT3?
Is there a cap upgrade or upgrades from its current reference 120,000 uF capacitance?  If so, what are they and how much do they cost?

Also, does anyone know if I can get the silver chasis anodized (the $75 face or $99 chasis ANODIZED, not $200+ for 99% silver faceplate)

Also, does anyone know what the current wait at Odyssey is?

Finally, I know Odyssey offers groenberg cables.  How expensive are they and are they worth it?  

Cap upgrade, I'm pretty sure you can get one to at least 180,000 uf. (maybe 240,000)
Gronebergs are very synergistic with the Stratos amps and are worth it to me as always, YMMV.
One thing is you can get the 3 channel upgraded to a dual mono in the future if that is your upgrade path.

All other questions will have to be answered by Klaus.

317-299-5578 after 11:30 EDT

hifimojo04

« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2004, 03:48 am »
Thanks.  I'll probably give it a try.  

Upgrade path, assuming I really like the Odyssey HT3 is to put that eventually for the center and rears, and then get either DM or stratos extreme for the mains (when I get the larger mains).

hifimojo04

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2004, 04:23 am »
One question I'm really wondering is can you get the silver anodizing on the Stratos for $99 chasis?  That is worth it to me, but not worth $200+ for getting silver on the face.  I'll just go with stock or black if you can't get silver anodized.  Does anyone know?