Personal update, with a heavy heart

jimdgoulding

Re: Personal update, with a heavy heart
« Reply #60 on: 9 Jan 2014, 11:39 pm »
Ha, that's funny!

Churchill wasn't much of a predator, he wasn't interested in eating anything he catches ... just playing with it.  But one time he brought how a few baby Cardinals.  He didn't just bring home the birds and drop them at the back door, he brought the entire nest with the birds still in it!  I have no idea how he even did that, but he sure was proud of himself  :)
That is just flat out precious.

Guy 13

« Reply #61 on: 10 Jan 2014, 02:15 am »
Hi Ryan and all Audio Circle members.
The more I read about your lost and the comments of many Audio Circle members,
the more I am convinced that your pussy cat was part of your life and even part of you.
I sure hope that one day he will unexpectenly show up at your door step.

Guy 13

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #62 on: 10 Jan 2014, 04:54 am »
Just had to say, you guys are awesome!

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #63 on: 10 Jan 2014, 05:10 am »
 Ryan
:cry:
We just last week lost our diabetic cat Junie who loved us non stop for 17 years.
I wish I had words of comfort for you Ryan but I really just do not know what to say! What can make you feel better. Keep looking for really healing words. Just know we are living vicariously your sadness.
Just going through the motions right now. Not even feeling remotely able to rationalize this bad dream yet. Looking for motion and wanting to feed our little girl.
I do hope writing those kind words of your hairy little human makes this easier.
Kind regards,
tom

Daedalus Audio

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #64 on: 10 Jan 2014, 05:26 am »
I just saw this for the first time. I'm really sorry about your loss, I totally understand. There are no words, just know that you are not alone and that many others care and feel your grief.
be gentle with your self,
lou

Ron Stewart

• http://home.hiwaay.net/~rgs/
« Reply #65 on: 12 Jan 2014, 03:40 pm »
I too am very sorry to hear this. Our pets become part of our families, and losing them hurts. People who think they're "just a cat" or "just a dog" don't get it.

We had something similar happen to our cat many years ago. We let him out one night and never saw him again. As you mentioned, not knowing what happened is one of the worst parts.

Singer Karla Bonoff also dealt with the same situation. She had a cat named Tex for 16 years. A friend let him out, and he never came back. She wrote the song Goodbye My Friend to help her cope with her loss. I hope it brings some comfort to you, later if not now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjespGPhoMw

Ron
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2014, 04:58 pm by Ron Stewart »

Jonathan

« Reply #66 on: 12 Jan 2014, 06:40 pm »
We once lost an old cat in a large apartment complex in New York City. We posted signs all over the neighborhood, but heard nothing. My favorite part of this story is that my wife called the NYPD to ask if they had a psychic on staff who could help us find the cat. The cop answering the phone thought she was kidding and then crazy when he realized that she wasn't. We got lucky when a neighbor five floors up found her sitting on a bed in her apartment several days later.

Anyway, my condolences go out to you and your family for your loss. Seems crazy how attached we become to the little buggers, but it happens.

Jon

tesseract

« Reply #67 on: 12 Jan 2014, 09:50 pm »
Sorry to hear about your little buddy, Ryan. Time will heal, and just maybe there is another feline out there looking for a cool owner like yourself.

Randy

« Reply #68 on: 13 Jan 2014, 12:39 am »
I grew up with cats and a dog. but the only pet I've had as an adult was a stray tabby, much like Churchill. who turned up at my school many years ago. I told the kids to not bring him in, but they persisted, and he was soon adopted by us. He quickly recognized who was in charge during school time. When I would start class and begin talking to the kids, he would hear my voice, jump down from the piano where he had been snoozing, come across the length of the room and jump on my lap. The kids, mostly used to half wild barn cats, were fascinated. They called him Mr. T. after a TV character of the time. He lived at the school and had a place underneath the building where he could hold out in bad weather, but eventually I took him home, the first trip to town being during a blizzard/white out when we shut the school early. I didn't want to leave him out there in such bad weather.When I returned to my home town for summer, one of the kids took him home for the duration, but the next summer he ran away from his temporary summer home, some 20 miles from the school. I told the student to keep him inside their house or he'd run away. Sure enough, after a couple of days, they let him out and he disappeared. No doubt he left to look for me, figuring I must be at the school.  He was gone for three months. I had visions of him getting eaten by coyotes or bobcats, and when I returned for the beginning of school, I drove the area between the ranch he had run from and the school searching the prairie for him, without success. He was gone for three months.  A month after school had started, I got a call from one of the kids at Sunday school being held in the old building next to our school, saying, "Mr. T's back!" They crawled through a window of the school and put him inside. I couldn't come out right away, but when I did, there he was, looking worn, a little thin, and tired with calloused paws. He was clearly happy to be back just as was I glad to see him again. He no doubt had lived on rabbits or anything else he could catch for the three months. Many years later he developed a tumor in his throat and died on the operating table at the vet school at CSU, from loss of blood.  I was devastated and have never really gotten over it.

Just a cat, many would say, but those would just be the people who've never had one for a pet.
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2014, 04:50 am by Randy »

Guy 13

« Reply #69 on: 13 Jan 2014, 02:39 am »
Hi Randy and all Audio Circle members.
Nice story.

Guy 13

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #70 on: 20 Jan 2014, 02:03 am »
I still miss Churchill, and am sure that I will for years.  He was a really cool cat ...

But yesterday was my wife's birthday, and her and I had a deal.  If Churchie didn't come home by her birthday we'd start looking for a new cat.  Both of us, and my daughter of course, wanted a kitten.  But this time of year it's hard to find kittens, cats are smart enough to know not to get pregnant right before winter.  So we spent all day going to shelters and adoption days, and struck out. 

Then we get home and I just look on craigslist for the heck of it.  There was a listing for free kittens, and it was just a few miles from our house!  The ad was just placed earlier that morning, so I call the guy and 2 of the 3 were already taken.  I couldn't say "we'll take the last one" quick enough!  So here she is, adorable 6 week old that we have spent all day playing with.  Doesn't get much cuter than this. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #71 on: 20 Jan 2014, 02:14 am »
Rock on dude.  :thumb:

Guy 13

« Reply #72 on: 20 Jan 2014, 02:14 am »
Hi Vapor Audio and all Audio Circle members.
(Sorry, forgot your real name)
Nice kitten and nice picture too.
I hope he or she will bring as much joy as your previous one.

Guy 13

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #73 on: 20 Jan 2014, 02:29 am »
Hi Vapor Audio
(Sorry, forgot your real name)
His name is Ryan.

Hey...speaking of names...what did you name the kitten?

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #74 on: 20 Jan 2014, 02:36 am »
His name is Ryan.

Hey...speaking of names...what did you name the kitten?

Well, the girls came up with such winners as sprinkes, lu lu, and skittle.  So as of right now, she doesn't have an official name  :lol:

padgman1

« Reply #75 on: 20 Jan 2014, 03:34 am »
Ryan,

I suggest the name "Penny"........cute kitty. Hope she brings you and the family much happiness.....

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
« Reply #76 on: 20 Jan 2014, 03:41 am »
Cute!

Best,
Matt

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #77 on: 20 Jan 2014, 04:38 am »
Well, the girls came up with such winners as sprinkes, lu lu, and skittle.  So as of right now, she doesn't have an official name  :lol:
Agreed. Yea...I'd have a hard time with any of those names too.  :duh: :lol:

Scotlynn

« Reply #78 on: 20 Jan 2014, 12:03 pm »
I'm not a cat person having lived my whole life with dogs, but she's a real beauty - congratulations. With orange fur like that you should name her Clementine.

worldcat

« Reply #79 on: 20 Jan 2014, 01:13 pm »

That would be a great name!

I'm not a cat person having lived my whole life with dogs, but she's a real beauty - congratulations. With orange fur like that you should name her Clementine.