Yamaha A-S3000 (What's not to like?)

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: Yamaha A-S3000 (What's not to like?)
« Reply #40 on: 12 Sep 2015, 01:44 pm »
I took a look at the review of the 3000 and here's the updated ending:

UPDATE: I HAD TO RETURN THE AMP TO AMAZON as it started shutting down after 20-25 minutes of use and would not turn back on. Was getting hot and shutting down even under normal low level listening. For $7k this SHOULD NOT be happening so I requested a full refund. It cost me $120 to ship back to Amazon. They did not provide a return label for some reason (they usually do). So at this time, be leary and buy from a source that has a nice 30 day return policy JUST IN CASE. I have since demoed a couple more amps searching for the perfect one and I may have FINALLY found it in the Audio Research VSi75. AMAZING amp and tons of power for 75 Watts. Review soon.

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/the-yamaha-a-s-3000-integrated-amp-review/

Sonny

« Reply #41 on: 12 Sep 2015, 04:51 pm »
Sorry to hear SteveFord.

My Marantz PM11S3 has been working flawlessly for about 2 years now and it's just gets better!

Tuan

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #42 on: 12 Sep 2015, 05:02 pm »
It seems like an incredible amount of money for an integrated- but if that's what floats your boat...

Freo-1

« Reply #43 on: 12 Sep 2015, 05:16 pm »
For it's asking price, it certainly should be reliable. 

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #44 on: 12 Sep 2015, 08:24 pm »
Sonny,
I didn't have to return it, the reviewer did.  It looks like he moved onto an Audio Research integrated which was even more expensive (10 grand or something like that). 
That review is funny as the dealer loaded it into his car for an in-home demo, the reviewer called the store to say that he'd buy it and then they talked him into an in-home demo for an $8000 Audio Research CD player and you can guess the rest!

DavidS

« Reply #45 on: 1 Nov 2015, 08:48 pm »
I am definitely a snob when it comes to Yamaha amps - thought they only made best buy mid/low fi amps and home theatre gear. 

You start looking at the reviews of this amp and the related 1100 / 1200 and this would seem to be pretty high end great sounding gear - an amp that would end the never ending rotation of amps through my house.  Would love to hear one in my system with my Merlin tsm's....

Anyone used the phono section in the amp - how does it compare to standalone phono pre's?

tdinut

• Joe aka Joeinid on other forums.
    • Audioshark Forum
« Reply #46 on: 31 Dec 2015, 03:27 am »
Bump.

I keep thinking about this integrated. I'm had a Yamaha receiver in college and loved it. This is way above in terms of looks and build quality. I have not heard it yet but some deals can be found.

Anyone take a chance and order one? I love the look, and the sonics seem to be my flavor from the reviews that I've read.

Thanks.