Help

bjski

Help
« on: 15 Dec 2012, 06:27 pm »
Hi All,
I need subwoofer help. My home theater consists of Axiom M80 V3 and an Earthquake subwoofer MKV-15.This is located in the center of the house. My wife hates the subwoofer. I have it almost off and it still rocks the house. My preamp is the Only PR-5800 so I have the latest Audyssey XT 32.
In the man cave I have Legacy Focus SE speakers. They really don't need a subwoofer unless you wast to feel the lowest notes.
Do I replace the subwoofer with something else and move the Earthquake to the man cave? What subwoofer would be a good replacement for the  Earthquake. If I move the Earthquake to the man cave would the Earthquake integrate well with the Legacy's or just add to the boom. Maybe I should just get a sub that integrates well with the Legacy's in the man cave and turn the Earthquake down when wife is around.
The man cave has bass and wall treatments the surround sound none. I would not be allowed to treat the home theater.(WAF)
Regards :scratch:

milford3

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2012, 07:15 pm »
Put the sub in the man cave and ajust the crossover to suit the mains.  Your Axiom M80 V3's are rated at the low end of 25HZ.  That is plently of bass for most (if not all) for music and movies.