Re: RMAF 2012 - Vendors for Tyson & Pez to hit
« Reply #20 on: 3 Oct 2012, 06:55 pm »
Don,
Done.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #21 on: 3 Oct 2012, 08:12 pm »
I had every intention of attending RMAF this year as my son now lives in Aurora, CO about 5 minutes from the Marriott!  8)   However, due to medical issues with my wife's Mom, we just can't leave Ohio right now.

Just want to give another thanks to Tyson and Pez for being my "ears" in regards to my room request.

Regards,

Randy

roscoeiii

« Reply #22 on: 3 Oct 2012, 08:25 pm »
Vinyl related:

SoraSound (Moerch tonearms and ZYX carts!)
Soundsmith

If you want to do some headphone listening:

Schiit (new balanced DAC and headphone amp, both with impossible to pronounce/spell names)
MrSpeakers (modded, closed Fostex T50RP cans that are supposed to be giant killers).

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #23 on: 3 Oct 2012, 08:32 pm »
roscoeiii,
On the Vinyl front, we'll do what we can, but neither one of us is a big vinyl fan.  Plus I think the current list is pretty much stretched to it's limit now, so I'm becoming more reluctant to add anything more just from a simple time-constraint standpoint.

I will make an effort to hear the MrSpeakers since I'm a big headphone guy (Jason, not so much!).

roscoeiii

« Reply #24 on: 3 Oct 2012, 08:44 pm »
Yeah, it is quite the list already. No sweat. Looking forward to your report.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #25 on: 3 Oct 2012, 08:47 pm »
We need to buy you guys some beers.  Friday?

Tyson

« Reply #26 on: 3 Oct 2012, 08:51 pm »
Can't do beer - found out I'm allergic to grains (wheat, barley, etc...).  But I wouldn't say no to a scotch or a bourbon :)  Luckily the distillation process removes all the stuff I'm allergic to so I can still enjoy them pain free :D

Turk

« Reply #27 on: 3 Oct 2012, 09:12 pm »
Okay, now I am curious.  What does Jason partake of in the world of beer, wine and spirits?  Inquiring minds want to know.  Thanks for adding Mytek.  I hope there is DSD for you two to hear.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #28 on: 3 Oct 2012, 11:19 pm »
Could you swing Hsu, Martin Logan, TriPlanar and ToneAudio?
That is one hell of a vendor list.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #29 on: 7 Oct 2012, 02:48 pm »
  The Analysis Audio room should be o your list. They usually take best sound . Might also want to hear the affect of BSG QOL.

charles

OzarkTom

« Reply #30 on: 7 Oct 2012, 03:25 pm »
It looks like Kaiser Acoustics is not going to be at RMAF this year. That was my top pick last year with those Kawero loudspeakers.

nature boy

« Reply #31 on: 7 Oct 2012, 03:56 pm »
Looks like a marathon run/listening session for Tyson and Pez.  A lot to cover, make sure Pez has plenty of caffeine and back up batteries for the camera.  Good luck and thanks from all your friends at AC.    Unfortunately I will not be able to make it out again this year, maybe next...

NB

jhm731

« Reply #32 on: 7 Oct 2012, 06:17 pm »
Room 2030: Two World Debuts!

The Wilson Audio Alexia makes its worldwide debut at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. The Alexia is the first all -new product from Wilson since the Sasha W/P. The Alexia’s form factor resembles the Sasha W/P and features a similar footprint , but its technology and per formance are more akin to Wilson’s flagship, the Alexandria XLF.

Also making its North American public debut is the dCS Vivaldi digital playback system. Vivaldi represents the pinnacle of dCS’ no compromise approach and incorporates the most substantial advancement in the proprietary Ring DAC’s 20-year history. It sets the new standard for the future of digital audio playback.

The VTL TL-7.5 Series III preamp and the latest iteration of the vaunted Siegfrieds will provide the amplification. Transparent Audio’s Opus MM audio cables, MM2 Power, and all new Reference Digital Cables connects it all together. Wilson, dCS, VTL and Transparent Audio have joined forces to bring you an unforgettable system that collectively represents the latest thinking of all of the respective companies.

They going to be giving away t-shirts:

Get there early.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #33 on: 7 Oct 2012, 06:22 pm »
That's a sweet picture! 

Tyson

« Reply #34 on: 7 Oct 2012, 06:54 pm »
Rollo,
We've hit the Analysis Audio room for several years and I have never liked the sound.  I think we're going to skip it this year in the interest of time.

jhm731,
Noted, and added to the list.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #35 on: 7 Oct 2012, 07:11 pm »

Tyson, what did you not like about the Analysis Audio sound?

Thanks,

Rocket_Ronny

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #36 on: 7 Oct 2012, 08:51 pm »
Sounds like you've got a boat load already, Tyson, but if you get a chance, I'd really like to hear your (however brief) impressions on Gershman Acoustics. At one time a bigger presence than they appear to be now. I'll admit my interest is somewhat selfish 'cuz I own some older stuff.

Either way, I really enjoy reading your coverage. Grass-roots, real and not slathered in balderdash....good stuff! Thanks for your (significant) efforts.

Don_S

« Reply #37 on: 7 Oct 2012, 09:29 pm »

Don_S

« Reply #38 on: 7 Oct 2012, 09:40 pm »
I was curious about the Arion amplifiers in the Analysis Audio room.  Not sure exactly which ones will be used.  I think there is at least one Class-D model and a Class-D with a tube input stage. I don't think the AA/Arion website up to date.

Rollo,
We've hit the Analysis Audio room for several years and I have never liked the sound.  I think we're going to skip it this year in the interest of time.

jhm731,
Noted, and added to the list.

borism

« Reply #39 on: 7 Oct 2012, 09:54 pm »
If time allows, can you visit the Classic Audio Laudspeakers/ Atma-Sphere room?
Thanks,
Boris