RMAF 2012

enjoythemusic

RMAF 2012
« on: 7 Jun 2012, 05:20 pm »
Hard to believe i am already thinking about the RMAF and preparing for it! Yup... unbelievable! Well, have setup a Facebook page for those who plan on attending. Come join it and share it with others to help spread the great word about high-end audio.

We really should get everyone we can to attend, as it is an awesome show with plenty to see and do. Please like/join RMAF 2012 at www.facebook.com/events/245709208867614/

The RMAF 2012 will be held at the Denver Marriott Tech Center Hotel from October 12th through the 14th, 2012.

Germanhighend

Re: RMAF 2012
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2012, 06:33 pm »
Hi everyone !

I might go if the time is right . I would be happy to hear some of the stuff i´m only reading about .
Also a chance to check if this show is competitive with Munichs show , or at least the Canton show .

Until then i will have time to prepare . And arrange some couchsurfing by the way :-)

Greets

SoCalWJS

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2012, 06:57 pm »
Probably going again this year - have to see what kind of deals I can get.

Was definitely fun last year, thinking of doing it a bit different this time and stay a bit longer and stay at the Marriot (much easier to take a break from the show if I don't have to take a long walk to get to a different hotel).

Still a ways away from pulling the trigger on tickets though....

rbbert

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jun 2012, 08:27 pm »
  ...Still a ways away from pulling the trigger on tickets though....

Yeah, that $25 for 3 days admission is tough to budget for   :lol:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2012, 08:47 pm »
Yeah, that $25 for 3 days admission is tough to budget for   :lol:
Yup - I can swing the airplane tickets, the rental car, the hotel, and the food, but that $25 is tough to commit to............ :green:

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #5 on: 7 Jun 2012, 09:19 pm »
Thanks Steve,

I just joined your FB page. And I'll see you there.

enjoythemusic

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jun 2012, 03:34 pm »
Cool, look forward meeting everyone in Denver!

Thanks Steve, I just joined your FB page. And I'll see you there.

Thanks, and wow looks like we are getting more and more people joining the Facebook RMAF event page too.  :thumb:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jun 2012, 08:54 pm »
On the verge of looking into flight and hotel reservations - quick (probably stooopid) question:

How are the rooms at the Marriot? Specifically, how noisy is it? Can you hear the exhibition rooms when they are playing? I know these rowdy audiophile types like staying up late after hours and messing around with their setups.  :green:

Would love the convenience of staying at the hotel and being able to duck back to my room for a minute or two in the middle of the day. Stayed at the Hampton last year and the walk was OK, but add a few trips back and forth between hotels as well as the stairwell challenge at the Marriot and it gets a bit tiring late in the day/evening.

dminches

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jun 2012, 11:26 am »
Since the guest rooms are in between the audio rooms it is very noisy during the day. The vendors are supposed to turn things down by 9. I didn't find it to be an issue to get to sleep at night.

enjoythemusic

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jun 2012, 09:14 am »
On the verge of looking into flight and hotel reservations - quick

DO IT!  DO IT NOW!!!!    :D

Rooms are fine at night. In the 'old days' vendors would play their systems nearly all night, but now there are rules so no worries. At night it is fine, and 10000% agree it is great to have your room at the same location as the show. Gives you a place to rest for a bit, bathroom breaks and of course unload all that literature/etc too.

See you there!

JohnR

« Reply #10 on: 23 Jun 2012, 10:11 am »
What's the deal here? How come this site is being used to advertise Facebook? Are we getting the same thing back?

decal

« Reply #11 on: 23 Jun 2012, 12:18 pm »
What's the deal here? How come this site is being used to advertise Facebook? Are we getting the same thing back?

I was thinking the same thing.   enjoythemusic, do you have a link for AC on the FB page?   

SoCalWJS

« Reply #12 on: 20 Aug 2012, 02:30 pm »
Decided it was time to get serious and book flight/room/car, as some of the hotels are already sold out of the reserved rooms. Figured I'd just stay at the Hampton Inn Tech Center again. Went to Expedia....

Last year, it was about $70/night. This year, close to $100!!!!

What happened????

May have to look around and see if I can save a couple of bucks.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 20 Aug 2012, 03:28 pm »
Have the reservations all set.  See everyone in less than 2 months!

WOOHOO! :)

vinyl_lady

« Reply #14 on: 20 Aug 2012, 03:42 pm »
Flight booked; hotel booked; rental car booked, all using miles & points--great way to make the trip very affordable and save $$$ to spend on vinyl :drool:

Look forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully meet some new ACers.

paul canady

« Reply #15 on: 20 Aug 2012, 08:45 pm »
My wife and I will be attending. Can't wait to meet some of the vendors and listen to more of what is out there now. My wife is from Fort Collins and is the grand daughter of the the Colorado State football legend Fum Mcraw so we thought we could visit some family after the show.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #16 on: 24 Aug 2012, 03:35 pm »
Went ahead and booked a room at Hampton - definitely more money this year.

Oh well..... :(

... but already looking forward to the show.  :)

TomS

« Reply #17 on: 24 Aug 2012, 06:35 pm »
Flights and Marriott room all booked and ready to go  :thumb:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #18 on: 24 Aug 2012, 07:10 pm »
Flights and Marriott room all booked and ready to go  :thumb:
When I checked a week ago, the Marriot was booked.  When did you make your reservations?  :scratch:

richidoo

« Reply #19 on: 24 Aug 2012, 08:23 pm »
Nearby Hilton and Hyatt still have rooms.

I just learned that my Southwest airfare credit for cancelled tickets to RMAF '12 expired a year from date of purchase (July) not date of cancellation (October.)