"Reconing" Magnepans

tshifrin

"Reconing" Magnepans
« on: 18 Nov 2011, 09:27 pm »
As a newcomer to this forum, I don't know if this has been covered here, but I recently experienced excellent service from Magnepan in rebuilding my IIIA panels. The voice coil wire had become delaminated from the membrane, so I called Magnepan and spoke to Linda. To make a longer story short, Magnepan rebuilt my pair including all new tweeter ribbons and panels for less than $1000 shipped! After some break-in time, they sound so much better than I remember them as original. I am absolutely pleased with this whole experience; I can't think of any other company (well, maybe McIntosh) which offers such excellent support or service for a product over 25 years old, and at an entirely reasonable cost, too. To any other Maggie owners out there experiencing any problems with your speakers, no matter how old, I highly recommend the factory rebuild offered.
Sign me a Magnepan customer for life, (and can't wait to hear where they go from the 3.7 onward),
Tom

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Re: "Reconing" Magnepans
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2011, 10:12 pm »
That's good to hear.
Karen retired some time back so it's good to hear that the service department has not missed a beat. 

ajzepp

Re: "Reconing" Magnepans
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2011, 08:21 am »
I'll second the nod to customer service. I damaged one of the side rails on one of my beloved 3.6s during a move a few months ago. I called to find out what it would cost to have the rail replaced and to maybe have someone take a look under Maggie's skirt to make sure everything was okay internally.

I got a call back early the next business day (I left a message late at night) from Sheila, who left me a very detailed message regarding both the cost of what I was asking to have done and instructions on how the process worked. I have yet to ship them back, but will be doing so shortly.

I love this company.