VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #40 on: 9 Mar 2014, 06:31 pm »
VMPS regular subwoofer - $75 (Monument, Colorado Springs - Colorado)

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/ele/4366643563.html

No Picture

"VMPS regular subwoofer. 12" subwoofer, 15" passive radiator slot loaded. Bass to 20 Hz Some minor cosmetic damage. 2 available." 

WOW!   :o

Stimpy

« Reply #41 on: 9 Mar 2014, 08:14 pm »
04/04/2014 - Still Available:  VMPS RM2 Ribbon Monitors - $1,150.00 (Min. Bid) (Pleasantville, NY)

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-vmps-rm-2-ribbon-monitors-floor-standing-full-range-stereo-speakers-2014-04-03-speakers-10570-pleasantville-ny

"Original owner of two wonderful, large (approx. 48"x 17"x 17") floorstanding RM2's in piano black lacquer finish. Two ribbon tweeters, two mid-range ribbon panels, one 12" carbon fiber active plus 12" passive woofer per speaker. Neodymium planar midrange drivers. 8/10 as one speaker has broken plastic tab on corner of removable speaker grill. Barely noticeable.

Original owner. Purchased factory direct. In addition to piano black ($400 extra) finish, also added mega woofers and additional sound insulation/bracing in cabinets, more expensive wiring (all done at factory with initial order). All told, total original price around $3600.

Fantastically revealing mid-range and big bass. Mainly listen to classical/opera plus rock and jazz and voices are superb, bass probably better than most speakers costing much much more. Moved to apartment and just can't deal with size (well, gf can't). Ran them mostly with Quicksilver V4 Mono Tube Amps (around 120 watts each) and Bryston 4BST (310 watts/ch) stereo solid state amp. Were in main system which didn't get a lot of use.

Prefer not to ship. Located in Pleasantville, NY (Westchester County). I travel sometimes between NYC and Boston so might be able to deliver along that corridor. However, will ship if necessary."

« Last Edit: 4 Apr 2014, 08:29 pm by Stimpy »

/mp

« Reply #42 on: 10 Mar 2014, 02:19 pm »
VMPS RM2 Ribbon Monitors - $1000 (Min. Bid) (Pleasantville, NY

Appears to be same owner relisting pair listed on USA audiomart & Agon Dec '13 & reported earlier in this thread.

Stimpy

« Reply #43 on: 10 Mar 2014, 03:02 pm »
Yea, these keep popping up on different sites, with seemingly little interest.  That's a shame too, considering what the seller is offering.  And that's not a bad price for RM-2's either.  Especially since the opening bid would probably get the speakers.  Wish that I had Tax money coming back, I'd spring for them! :duh:

/mp

« Reply #44 on: 10 Mar 2014, 08:04 pm »
Does minimum bid = reserve bid? $1000 may not satisfy the seller. He is asking $1850 on audiomart. His picture show 2 tweeters while the images from VMPS have only 1 tweeter. http://pointillistic.com/vmps-audio/RM2.htm 
Does this gentleman have an older model? If so, is there a difference in cabinet size & can someone explain the difference in how they sound?

Stimpy

« Reply #45 on: 10 Mar 2014, 09:57 pm »
I'm not sure how Audiogon works, since I've never purchased through them.  But, no reason that you can't email the seller, and ask.  It can't hurt!

Also, several of Brian's earlier designs, before the FST Ribbon, used dual spiral ribbon tweeters.  Even RM-40's:

I've never heard one of Brian's spiral ribbon designs, but I have heard them (or similar) in Infinity speakers.  They sounded good to me!

Even Genesis Technologies still uses spiral ribbon tweeters, in their designs.  Even thier TOLT speakers:

So, I wouldn't let the fact that these RM-2's use spiral ribbon tweeters stop me from buying these speakers.  Heck, they're one of the biggest bang-for-the-buck speakers that Brian ever released!  Or that anyone released, for that matter!    8)

Does minimum bid = reserve bid? $1000 may not satisfy the seller. He is asking $1850 on audiomart. His picture show 2 tweeters while the images from VMPS have only 1 tweeter. http://pointillistic.com/vmps-audio/RM2.htm 
Does this gentleman have an older model? If so, is there a difference in cabinet size & can someone explain the difference in how they sound?

Stimpy

« Reply #46 on: 12 Mar 2014, 02:26 pm »
VMPS SPEAKERS RM1 - $400 (Hollywood)   

Price Drop.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/4366116153.html

"The VMPS Ribbon Monitors. Both speakers for $400
Large Speakers, Incredible Sound, Perfect Condition. Bought them for $1200. Need to sell.
Home Entertainment Audio Speakers"

Stimpy

« Reply #47 on: 12 Mar 2014, 02:31 pm »
 VMPS, JBL Speakers - $399 (Sunnyvale, CA)

Relisted.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/4361600674.html

"I inherited these VMPS (local company) speakers recently, in a good and working condition.
Dims are 15"X15"X43", 85 Lbs each. Serious piece of audio gear.
Ideal for someone who wants performance of a few thousand dollar speakers for just a few hundred bucks.
They have powerful yet tight bass."

PMAT

« Reply #48 on: 12 Mar 2014, 03:40 pm »
Nice work guys. This thread could be archived so be sure to copy the pics in the ads so when they expire we still have the pics. Thx

Stimpy

« Reply #49 on: 12 Mar 2014, 03:56 pm »
Yea, I agree.  We've lost many of the pictures, from a lot of the VMPS threads, when their hosting sites have disappeared.  As such, with all of the ads that I've posted, I've first been downloading and saving the original pictures, then uploading them to AC.  So, at least the pictures in this thread will be here long term!   :D

Nice work guys. This thread could be archived so be sure to copy the pics in the ads so when they expire we still have the pics. Thx

Conradicles

« Reply #50 on: 14 Mar 2014, 12:04 am »
Thanks Stimpy. Maybe one of these days a local VMPS sub will pop up for me!

Stimpy

« Reply #52 on: 14 Mar 2014, 11:15 am »
Thanks Conradicles, I appreciate the kind words!  And hopefully, you'll find a VMPS sub soon.  They're worth the wait!  Good luck.   :D

Thanks Stimpy. Maybe one of these days a local VMPS sub will pop up for me!

Stimpy

« Reply #53 on: 14 Mar 2014, 11:18 am »
The seller has the sub on Craigslist and ebay.  But, he's not willing to ship it...!  This sub is in Chicago.  Not sure where Conradicles is located?   :scratch:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Passive-Subwoofer-Huge-Heavy-Very-Deep-Base-/281281753019?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276#ht_196wt_1120

Here you go Conradicles!

Stimpy

« Reply #54 on: 14 Mar 2014, 11:25 am »
VMPS tall boy sub woofer - $350 (New Jersey - North Jersey, Dans Sound Room)

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/eld/4370545147.html

"VMPS tall boy sub woofer is in excellent condition, it has a front facing 12" polypropylene woofer (active), 15" front facing ppl (active) woofer, slot loaded and mass loaded 15" passive radiator (woofer) in an 8.25 ft3 160 lb oak enclosure. Need I say more? "

Stimpy

« Reply #55 on: 14 Mar 2014, 11:30 am »
Still there:

12 inch VMPS Bass Subwoofer Speaker - $295 (Clear Lake, MN)

http://stcloud.craigslist.org/ele/4369178489.html

"This is a 12" diameter in-home non-powered subwoofer with a 12" active radiator in front and a 12" passive radiator in bottom. VMPS calls it their "Smaller Subwoofer." It measures 16" wide, 16" deep and 27" tall with a nice walnut top.

VMPS has been known for making outstanding sub woofers and speakers for nearly 3 decades. The subwoofer is rated at 8 ohms and the frequency range is 28-150Hz.

This unit will take just about all the power you can throw at it (up to 250 watts rms) and the bass really "rocks the house."

Conradicles

« Reply #56 on: 15 Mar 2014, 01:56 pm »
Stimpy...I am located in NC and currently own a VMPS sub just like the one pictured above. Can't recall if it is the Smaller or Original, but it is in fantastic condition. Brian helped me when I 1st bought it with many questions I had. I sold the Larger Tallboy (mistake) and I also had a VMPS 215 at one time and sold it (mistake).
Anyway, if any come up in good condition near me I may have to take a road trip.

Stimpy

« Reply #57 on: 16 Mar 2014, 03:50 pm »
VMPS RM30 II - $2500  (Mountain View, CA 94043)

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-vmps-rm30-ii-2014-03-15-speakers-94043

"The RM30 Series 2 is a Seven driver 110 pound column speaker with 3 wide range
ribbon midranges (280-6.9K response) and one FST ribbon tweeter (6.9k-30K response).
These drivers have 1/20th the mass of the cones and domes that most speakers use. Planars
offer amazing low level resolution detail and transparency. Couple the ribbons to two custom
built 6" megawoofers with 5 pound magnets and 4 layer voice coils for fast detailed bass.
The 10 inch side firing passive bass radiator extends response and output to 26Hz.  The mirror-imaged
L-R speakers are reversible, allowing the 10" passive radiators to fire either inward or outward to
maximize the averaging of room modes. We generally recommend:

· Smaller rooms &/or short sidewall spacing = basses face inward
· Larger rooms &/or long sidewall spacing = basses face outward

The RM 30 is a speaker that can match the dynamic capabilities of competent horns, the immediacy
of electrostatics and planar-magnetics, and the fine detailing and imaging of the best dynamic designs. – Positive Feedback

The RM30′s are extremely flexible of placement, including touching the back wall if necessary.
The speakers come with SoundCoat and new CDWG II for tight or wide imaging.
Crossovers: bass LP/midrange HP & Biamp/Bi-wire split 280 Hz, midrange LP/tweeter HP 6.9 kHz.
Sensitivities/Impedances: Ribbon array about 93 dB / 8 Ohms, bass section about 91 dB / 4 Ohms.
Mid/tweeter level controls provide equalization & fine-tuning adjustments.

Input Connections: single amp/single wire or biamp/bi-wire. Jumper cables included for shorting the
inputs for single amp/single wire use. RM30s have the biamp/bi-wire split between the bass & mids
280 Hz. capacitor upgrade is Auricaps

3 way monitors Specifications:

Bass – 2x 16 cm (6″) WCF midbass, 1x 25cm (10″) Passive Radiator
Mid – three rectangular 10 x 20 cm (4 x 8″) Neo ribbons, 280 Hz – 6.9 kHz
Treble – FST, 6.9 kHz – 30 kHz
Impedance & Sensitivity – 4 Ohm (3.6 min.) 93 dB/1W/1m
Power handling – 400W rms / 4 Ohms, 20 W min.
Frequency response – 26 Hz – 25 kHz +0/-3 dB
Dimensions & Weight – 122H x 18W x 49D cm, 50kg (48″H x 7″W x 19″D cm, 110 lbs)
Output levels and distortion – max. 1% THD fullrange / 1W, max. 115+ dB SPL/1m
Finishes – standard lite oak"

Stimpy

« Reply #58 on: 17 Mar 2014, 11:12 pm »
Full Range Audiophile Tower Speakers:VMPS Tower II Limited Edition - $1250 (Leesburg, VA)

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/4378148226.html

"These are an extra pair of audiophile speakers that I own.
You will NOT need a subwoofer with these!!!Great for movies.
Upgraded built in 12" Sub-bass unit: 1 mass loaded , slot-loaded
Two 12" Carbon fiber woofers
One 5" woven carbon fiber midrange
1 Focal 120 Hard-dome tweeter
1 High Efficiency Ribbon super tweeter.
92dB/W/meter at < .7% THD, 115dB SPL at 1 meter with < 5% THD.
45"x15"16", 105 lbs, each. Minimum Phase design."

Stimpy

« Reply #59 on: 21 Mar 2014, 11:59 pm »
Price Drop:   VMPS RM40 Light Cherry Color  -  $1,650.00  (Pine Grove, CA 95665)

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/full-range-vmps-rm40-light-cherry-color-2014-02-21-speakers-95665-pine-grove-ca

"I have been in audio for many years and sound per dollar has never been better than this.

Have two pair and only need one. These sound incredible and have the FST tweeter and Mega woofers and I am
pretty sure these have the Auricaps. I have not opened the cabinets and don't plan to.

These are incredible speakers when set up right and used with quality gear. Crap in equals Crap out.

240 lbs each, so these are for local Sacramento and Bay area, Reno area hand deliver once paypal payment has cleared."