VMPS Speakers For Sale...!

Stimpy

Re: VMPS Speakers For Sale...!
« Reply #120 on: 6 Jun 2014, 02:03 pm »
PRICE DROP

VMPS Ribbon Monitor One - $799 (Redford Twp.)

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/4506159642.html

"Listing my Beloved VMPS RM-1 speakers for sale. These are in Light Oak finish and are a easy 9/10 condition. They were manufactured in 2003.

The Serial numbers are 11654 / 11655 respectively.

I upgraded thru Brian the Graphite woofers to the Woven Carbon Fiber ( Mega ) 4 woofers at a cost of over $400.00 with shipping, and were well worth it! These also have the Wave Guides on the mid panel and tweeter. These are adjustable from the sub bass to the ribbon tweeters, and can be made to work in different size rooms. Reason for sale: I now am using the VMPS - ST/R speakers.

These are Audiophile grade loudspeakers that don't come around to often for good reason. With a little care in adjustment and proper placement will reward the listener in beautiful music."

PMAT

« Reply #121 on: 6 Jun 2014, 08:08 pm »
Let's see, what can you buy for $800 to compete with those RM 1s? ................. Nothing. Buy them, use an active crossover and a good amp and POW, great sound. You can absolutely rock out with that kind of set up. For those who have never played with one, those thing are built heavy duty. I put 2 braces inside mine ( really easy) and changed it to a ported set-up for bass duty. Awesome. I will go active next.

fredgarvin

« Reply #122 on: 7 Jun 2014, 06:02 pm »
That's a very good price for those.

Stimpy

« Reply #123 on: 8 Jun 2014, 12:41 pm »
 SPEAKERS SPEAKERS Bose VMPS SUB (Aurora/Naperville - Chicago)

VMPS ORIGINAL SUBWOOFER $250.00

[url]http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/4508172339.html[url]http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/4508172339.html[url][url]http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/4508172339.html[url

"Pre-Moving Sale Selling all these STEREO SPEAKERS: ALL SPEAKERS ARE IN GREAT LOOKING SHAPE UNLESS NOTED.Pair KLH $8.00 pair, JBL P10 $39.00 Pair, Bose 2.2 $49.00 Pair, Cerwin Vega( One woofer needs re-foam) $69.00 Pair, VMPS LARGE SUBWOOFER $250.00, Cambridge(Koss) monitor speakers $20.00 Pair, Sony $29.00 Pair, BIC Venturi $59.00 Pair. Amplifier for sale for 20.00 (European electric system-needs adapter(500.00 new)."

« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2020, 10:44 pm by Stimpy »

Shear Bliss

« Reply #124 on: 9 Jun 2014, 12:59 pm »
Those RM-1s are mine ... if I had not fell into the ST/R locally last summer I would still have them in room. Plus they still sound wonderful. I had them sounding great bi-amped with a 20 watt tube amp up top at medium levels. Brian preferred around 50-60 watts, so never pushed them too hard with my set-up.

They worked very nice in my 20 x 13 room. Buyer will get a extra pair of Neo panels, which I forgot to mention in my CL ad ................................

DW

Stimpy

« Reply #125 on: 9 Jun 2014, 09:36 pm »
VMPS Original Subwoofer - DIY  $600.00   (Maineville, Ohio)  Local pick-up only

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-Large-Subwoofer-/331227630227?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item4d1eb48a93

"This is a VMPS Large Subwoofer with 12" CARBON FIBER active subwoofer AND a 15" passive radiator that fires out the bottom thru the vent. This puppy is capable of 18Hz and of cheek flapping stomach wrenching bass! In fact, NASA uses these subs to generate low rumble bass to test equipment onboard the space shuttle to make sure it will hold up to constant low frequency vibrations!

The VMPS company had to close its doors in Dec. 2012 due to the death of its owner and had been in continuous business for 35 years! These were available either in a factory cabinet, or you could order just the woofers and VMPS would send you exact plans for constructing the cabinets. This is what I did and a local cabinet maker constructed these for me out of HD Particle Board (recommended).

These speakers are NOT powered and will require an amp to drive them. With the passive radiator, their efficiency is 90db/watt. They will take as much power as you want to feed them!

These are heavy at about 80-90 lbs so you will have to come pick them up. I've sold most all of my audio gear (I'm getting ready to move to central america when I retire) so I have no amps remaining to test these with. I guaranttee that they are in perfect working order. Obviously, I've owned them since they were new and used them up until about 6 months ago.

I have some walnut veneer that I would sell for $50 extra that could be used to veneer them if you wish.    CANNOT SHIP due to weight!  However, if you are willing to pay for crating/boxing and freight shipping we might can work something out."

« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2020, 10:45 pm by Stimpy »

Stimpy

« Reply #126 on: 9 Jun 2014, 09:40 pm »
REPOST

VMPS SPEAKERS FF-3 TOWERS WITH SPECIAL RIBBON TWEETER WITH VMPS CROSSOVER  $600.00 Opening Bid  $1200 - BIN  (Minneapolis, Minnesota)

Local pick-up only

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VMPS-SPEAKERS-FF-3-TOWERS-WITH-SPECIAL-RIBBON-TWEETER-WITH-VMPS-CROSSOVER-/151323632931?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item233b976523

"VMPS F3 SPEAKERS FOR LOCAL PICK UP ONLY. AS YOU CAN SEE IN THE ONE PICTURE THE WOOD FOR THE RIBBON TWEETER PANEL IS BROKE. THAT'S THE CASE FOR THE LEFT SPEAKER AS WELL. THE WOOD PIECE FOR THE LEFT SPEAKER IS LOST. THIS HAPPENED DURING THE MOVING OF THE SPEAKERS. THESE ARE 200 LBS PER SPEAKER. 64'' TALL 16'' DEEP AND 19'' WIDE WITH THE RIBBON ATTACHED. THE SOUND FROM THESE SPEAKERS IN MY WORDS ARE OUTSTANDING YES THEY WORK AND WORK AWESOME. THE WOOD BREAKAGE DOES NOT EFFECT THE SOUND ONLY THE LOOK. THIS CAN BE FIXED WITH SOME WOOD WORKING SKILLS.  THE GRILLS ARE VELCRO ON THE PLASTIC PINS BROOK FROM THE OTHER OWNER. I'M THE 2ND OWNER. I LOVE TO LISTEN TO THESE BUT I HAVE OTHER SPEAKERS AND FOR SIZE AND ROOM SAKE I WOULD LIKE THESE TO GO TO ANOTHER AUDIO GUY LIKE MYSELF. THE WOOD IS GREAT FOR AGE 7 OUT OF 10. AGAIN I WILL SAY THE BEST TOWER SPEAKER THAT I HAVE LISTEN TOO. GOOGLE THEM AND READ MORE AND ABOUT THE FOUNDER  ALSO COMES WITH THE EXTERNAL CROSSOVER AND POWER SUPPLY. I DO NOT USE IT  I'M NOT SURE IF IT WORKS SO IT NEEDS TO BE LOOKED AT OR SERVICED. THANKS FOR LOOKING. ASK ME ANY ???s ABOUT THE SPEAKERS AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO REPLY. PICK UP ONLY. YOU WILL NEED A PICKUP TRUCK OR SUV. NO BOX'S. VMPS FF-3  ALSO HAS A DOWN FIRING SUB-WOOFER. You can make me a offer please no low ball offers. These sound crazy good."

Stimpy

« Reply #127 on: 9 Jun 2014, 09:44 pm »
VMPS Larger subwoofer - $300 (Detroit, Michigan)

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/4511538633.html

No Picture

"I will send pictures if interested."

wr1010

« Reply #128 on: 12 Jun 2014, 01:19 am »
>>> Is this still available or sold? I'm interested if this is still available.

VMPS SPEAKERS RM1 - $400 (Hollywood)   

Price Drop.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/4366116153.html

"The VMPS Ribbon Monitors. Both speakers for $400
Large Speakers, Incredible Sound, Perfect Condition. Bought them for $1200. Need to sell.
Home Entertainment Audio Speakers"

Stimpy

« Reply #129 on: 16 Jun 2014, 01:14 pm »
 VMPS Larger Subwoofer - $500 (Quitman - Dallas, TX)

NO PICTURE

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/4521608942.html

"I have a VMPS Larger Sub finished in Golden Oak. I have owned it for approx. 12-13 years and it has not been used for the last 3 years plus. It has been stored inside my home however and there is some fading on the finish but not much. They are real oak veneer so they can be refinished in any color. This is a very large and HEAVY sub that I had paired with Klipsch La Scalas so NO shipping. Google VMPS Larger Sub and you will find that this is a highly rated sub that will go down to 18 Hz. Contact Dean. Will take the first $500"

Stimpy

« Reply #130 on: 16 Jun 2014, 02:42 pm »
PRICE DROP

VMPS Large Subwoofer - $499.00 Opening Bid.  (Maineville, Ohio)  -  Local pick-up only

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231256283471

"This is a VMPS Large Subwoofer with 12" CARBON FIBER active subwoofer AND a 15" passive radiator that fires out the bottom thru the vent. This puppy is capable of 18Hz and of cheek flapping stomach wrenching bass! In fact, NASA uses these subs to generate low rumble bass to test equipment onboard the space shuttle to make sure it will hold up to constant low frequency vibrations!

The VMPS company had to close its doors in Dec. 2012 due to the death of its owner and had been in continuous business for 35 years! These were available either in a factory cabinet, or you could order just the woofers and VMPS would send you exact plans for constructing the cabinets. This is what I did and a local cabinet maker constructed these for me out of HD Particle Board (recommended).

These speakers are NOT powered and will require an amp to drive them. With the passive radiator, their efficiency is 90db/watt. They will take as much power as you want to feed them!

These are heavy at about 80-90 lbs so you will have to come pick them up. I've sold most all of my audio gear (I'm getting ready to move to central america when I retire) so I have no amps remaining to test these with. I guaranttee that they are in perfect working order. Obviously, I've owned them since they were new and used them up until about 6 months ago.

I have some walnut veneer that I would sell for $50 extra that could be used to veneer them if you wish.    CANNOT SHIP due to weight!  However, if you are willing to pay for crating/boxing and freight shipping we might can work something out.   PS.  I have TWO of these identical.  See my other listings for the other one.  If you want them shipped to you, then I'd have to remove them from the cabinet and ship bare components."

Stimpy

« Reply #131 on: 22 Jun 2014, 09:25 pm »
VMPS Very Large SUBWOOFER (Aurora/Naperville - Chicago, IL)   $90

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/4533508361.html

"VMPS Large Subwoofer has two large speakers in large cabinet(the rolls royce manufacturer of speakers).Will sell for 90.00"

Stimpy

« Reply #132 on: 22 Jun 2014, 09:31 pm »
PRICE DROP

VMPS tall boy sub woofer WOW! with 1000w sub amp - $525 (Falmouth, Maine)

"The VMPS tall boy sub woofer is in excellent condition, it has a front facing 12" polypropylene woofer (active), 15" front facing ppl (active) woofer, slot loaded and mass loaded 15" passive radiator (woofer) in an 8.25 ft3 160 lb oak enclosure. Need I say more? but there is more, also included is a Dayton SA 1000 sub amp with equalizer and crossover (1000 watts), the amp is brand new not even broken in yet. Yet there is even more I have the original owners manual for the sub and the amp as well. NASA's Langley research center uses two VMPS subs (yes I have two also, I am willing to sell the second one as well if interested) as a source of 120db sustained tone bursts. The enclosure top (oak) has been refinished and the passive woofer (15") has been refoamed, all the drivers are in excellent condition, definitely goes down to 20hz. they claim 17 hz. I also have the original dampening putty on the passive sub ready to fine tune to your room. A great deal and an amazing sub WOOFER!! Tight bass, very deep as well as fast, a great combination. I have been using the sub in a two channel system but it would be absolutely amazing in a surround system. PS I will consider selling without the sub amp if you want just the sub"

DFaulds

« Reply #133 on: 23 Jun 2014, 10:53 am »
VMPS Very Large SUBWOOFER (Aurora/Naperville - Chicago, IL)   $90

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/4533508361.html

"VMPS Large Subwoofer has two large speakers in large cabinet(the rolls royce manufacturer of speakers).Will sell for 90.00"

Yikes, thats practically a garage sale price.

Stimpy

« Reply #134 on: 24 Jun 2014, 06:51 pm »
Yikes, thats practically a garage sale price.

And you thought that was good?!?

VMPS Larger subwoofer - $200  (Detroit, MI)    :o

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/4511538633.html

"I will send pictures if interested"

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #135 on: 24 Jun 2014, 07:15 pm »
Setup four VMPS of just about any size/shape/vintage, following my setup instructions for my DEBRA distributed equalized bass reflex array, and they'll have trouble tearing you from the room.

Cross subs at 80 Hz, then get eight Quad 57s (rebuilt), all with back wave sealed.  Set up four Quads per classic "stacked Quad" recipe, then install the remaining four Quads flat on the floor firing up toward the ceiling ala my Late Ceiling Splash philosophy (two behind each pair of stacked Quads), and you are once and for all eternity, DONE!

Well, after you get a state of the art high pass 80 Hz filter on the Quads, and Electra-Fidelity A3 500 (300B) 10-12W tube amp, and maybe Dan Wright's latest $7k DAC (tube, Lundahl transformer input/output), and a bit of room treatment. 

PMAT

« Reply #136 on: 25 Jun 2014, 03:57 am »
Hahahaha.  Jim, you kill me. Just go ahead everyone, close your eyes, get a good mental picture of 4 200 lb VMPS subs and 8 Quad 57's in one room. Now picture the divorce decree in the next room.  :D  :lol:  :D  My cat would love that set up.

DFaulds

« Reply #137 on: 25 Jun 2014, 10:43 am »
Or just get a pair of these and spend the rest of your days listening to music.

http://www.pearaudio.com/abridged_diapason_literature.pdf

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
« Reply #139 on: 25 Jun 2014, 03:09 pm »
Or just get a pair of these and spend the rest of your days listening to music.

http://www.pearaudio.com/abridged_diapason_literature.pdf

I love the Diapason...heard them decades ago at Las Vegas CES, Riviera Hotel (back in the day when there was a Chicago Summer CES).  Same year I heard the big IMF transmission line speakers and Dunlavy's Duntech Sovereign 2000.  WOW!  What a CES that was.

With all due respect to Richard Shahinian, our Late Ceiling Splash radiation pattern pretty well sends Diapason home on the truck, which was cutting edge thirty years ago.  LCS meets all four of Toole's and Gedde' criteria for ideal reverberant field, whereas Diapason falls short in three criteria and completely lacks one.  To Shahinian's great credit, I mention him and his implementations in my Patent Application.  Further increasing respect for Shahinian is the fact that Toole and Geddes had written nothing on the subject when Diapason arrived.

With high level of certainty I believe if Brian was alive now, at least one VMPS model would have LCS radiation pattern.   

IIRC, it was Dr. Robert E. Greene who noted, Newport THE Show had about five speakers (including our AudioKinesis Zephrin 46) with novel implementation of reverberant field theories, high end audio's "final frontier" (in homage to NCC-1701).