LA Audio Show

SoCalWJS

LA Audio Show
« on: 31 May 2017, 03:18 pm »
Is GIK going to be at the Los Angeles Audio Show this weekend?

It would be nice to chat with you guys in person (again) and get some feedback. Hope you are there!

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
Re: LA Audio Show
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2017, 03:59 pm »
Hi there, unfortunately we will not be attending the show in person. We will have some products on display in the Prism Sound room, but not there personally.

Of course, we'd be happy to talk with you and give feedback.... can you contact us? Thanks!

SoCalWJS

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2017, 11:16 pm »
Bummer.

Prefer the direct conversation when discussing Acoustics issues. I seem to not be able to describe my problems in ways that are clearly understood.

I think if I am talking in person, I can use lots of gestures and I can tell when I've lost the person I'm talking to.

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2017, 04:24 pm »
I hear you... in person is always best.

Skype?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jun 2017, 09:46 pm »
Woo Hoo!

Sorry none of the GIK Staff were there, but I still managed to pick up the Demo pieces from the room. Was mainly after Bass Traps, so I was happy to get the Tri Traps. My wife thought that these were so beautiful that she wanted them as well.

Special thanks to the folks from Prism who coordinated everything and helped me so much packing them up for the trip home!  :beer:

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #5 on: 9 Jun 2017, 03:18 pm »
Nice score!  :thumb:

Let us know if you need any placement advice.

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #6 on: 9 Jun 2017, 03:20 pm »
And, the fact that any spouse wants to get treatment panels because they look cool is a testament to both the stunning appeal of our Impression series, and the general awesomeness of your particular spouse.  :green: :thumb: :thumb:

SoCalWJS

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jun 2017, 03:50 pm »
Nice score!  :thumb:

Let us know if you need any placement advice.

Having fun experimenting for now. It's a weird situation where the room was designed for everything to be arranged one way (built-in's, wall sockets, ceiling wiring, etc), but it sounded bad, so I spun it 90 degrees.

Uphill battle, but it is clearly getting there.

I just need to come up with something to place in front of the TV when I'm listening to 2 channel. One of the "Art" pieces that is arranged horizontally is my first thought.

JWL.GIK

• Facilitator
    • GIK Acoustics
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2017, 07:50 pm »
I like that idea.....