Netbook vs laptop

KingStyles

Netbook vs laptop
« on: 10 Jun 2009, 12:24 am »
I am wondering if a netbook with a 1.6g processor qith xp loaded would do as good of job as a full size laptop. Would the netbook be able to utilize the offramp?

audioengr

Re: Netbook vs laptop
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2009, 12:44 am »
I am wondering if a netbook with a 1.6g processor qith xp loaded would do as good of job as a full size laptop. Would the netbook be able to utilize the offramp?

I see no reason why not.  I have an old 1.66GHz laptop that works fine with it.  The main thing is whether the USB port architecture is broken or not.  Dell laptops are notorious for this.  Therefore, It's probably more important what manufacturer makes the netbook.  I like Toshiba, hp, lenovo.

Steve N.

KingStyles

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2009, 01:04 am »
I was looking at the samsungs or the asus. Do you see any drawbacks of using a netbook? Also, if I have songs that ive downloaded as lossless with itunes, can I play them with foobar?

audioengr

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2009, 02:05 am »
I was looking at the samsungs or the asus. Do you see any drawbacks of using a netbook? Also, if I have songs that ive downloaded as lossless with itunes, can I play them with foobar?

No, but you can use dbpoweramp I believe to convert them to .wav or AIFF.  This is what I do with FLAC files.  I store everything .wav.

STeve N.