Indoor House Plants Help... Spider Mites!!!!!

SET Man

Indoor House Plants Help... Spider Mites!!!!!
« on: 1 Jan 2011, 08:37 pm »
Hey!

Guys, I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem. Look like I have spider mites problem :?

I started to noticed them on my Japanese juniper which started to turn brown. And they are some thing flying around my apartment. Since it is small so I gave it a shower, twice now. But today I noticed that it had spread to the other room on a kaffir lime leave plant! So, with that I decided to get rid of the juniper and cut down the kaffir plant.

Now my biggest fear is that this can spread to my room of which have a bigger kaffir plant, my big ficus and etc.  I checked my ficus and notice a few leaves have tiny spots on them... so I removed them :x

Do any of you guys know something that can get rid of this that can be use indoor? There are lots of thing about this on the net but I wonder if anyone here have first hand experience with this?

I saw this on Home Depot...

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Garden-Center-Animal-Pest-Control/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xqdZars1/R-202043611/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

I might give it a try. Man! This suck big time. It will be very sad for me if this spread to my other plants :?

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Indoor House Plants Help... Spider Mites!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jan 2011, 09:23 pm »

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2011, 10:02 pm »
See this page Buddy.....might help...

http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-spider-mites.htm

Hey!

Thanks, Chris. :D Yes, I've read several articles and all seem to say that they don't like moisture. So, as a first defense I've been misting my plants this morning and just now. I might try the alcohol mix while I'm checking other options.

Take care,

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jan 2011, 10:06 pm »
Try the alcohol mix....if it works...you saved some $....put it towards the new computer... :wink:

scp2

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jan 2011, 04:17 am »
I am not a big plant guy...but I had spider mites on my lone plant once and my knowledgeable aunt said to spray with a mixture of dish soap and water and it worked....cheap and worth a try. Mind you I only had one plant....so you may have to treat all your plants.

SET Man

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jan 2011, 02:55 am »
I am not a big plant guy...but I had spider mites on my lone plant once and my knowledgeable aunt said to spray with a mixture of dish soap and water and it worked....cheap and worth a try. Mind you I only had one plant....so you may have to treat all your plants.

Hey!

Hmmm... sound simple enough. I will try it. Yeah, I do have couple of plants in my apartment so I look like I do have to treat them all just in case. :D Sometime it is good to listen to your elders I guess :wink:

I will go over all my plants and try it tomorrow. :D

Try the alcohol mix....if it works...you saved some $....put it towards the new computer... :wink:

Yup, every penny count... especially these days Chris.  :icon_lol:

Take care,