• http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2640 on: 28 Feb 2018, 10:36 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT:  Bryston A2 Speaker – Customer Feedback

March 2018

Hello James,

Sorry, my English is not good.

Maybe I will not be able to correctly describe the differences between the previous speakers I have owned and the Bryston A2.

I've bought one pair of your Bryston A2 speakers.

I have owned the Audio Physic speakers - Tempo6, Classic 10, Sitara and more. Audio Physic excels in displaying 3D space and the most delicate detail, but not in such a sweet spot as the Bryston A2. Especially the upper tweeter frequencies which are exceptionally clear and focus without any sense of sibilance.

First I have to say that in fact the A2 speaker is much more beautiful than the pictures I have seen.

It's a great sound!.

What I most appreciate about the A2’s is the dynamics, the sweet spot and the ability to play any music (rock, pop, classic).

They practically have unlimited performance without compression.

I am very happy with my A2, AC1 Mini and A Mini in my surround setup. I also bought a second-hand SP2 AV processor. Thank you for working on these great products.

I hope we will spend a long time with BRYSTON speakers and I will buy other components in the near future (speaker cables SC4, power amps, outriggers for my A2’s.

Erik B.
Slovakia

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
« Reply #2641 on: 3 Mar 2018, 07:38 pm »
SUBJECT: Our Norway Distributor – Congratulations!

March 2018

Hi Folks,

Bryston would like to formally offer our sincere congratulations to one of our Distributors.

T.A.A.IMPORT AS in Norway has now sold significant numbers of Bryston loudspeakers in their market area. 

NORWAY
T.AA.IMPORT AS
Email: BOAHS@online.no

By my reckoning, using the new math, given the population of Norway and the number of speakers sold I would say 1 in 3 people living in Norway now own Bryston speakers.

Thank you folks and all those involved ... we truly appreciate your efforts on our behalf!

James Tanner
V/P Bryston Ltd.

jay5150

« Reply #2642 on: 4 Mar 2018, 06:30 pm »
Hi!
I know it has been said before (can't find the page), but I was wondering if the woofer in the Bryston Mini-T is working full range.
I plan on doing horizontal biamplification with them as I have 2 of the same power amplifier, but they can't be bridged.
Also, I will start with passive biamplification, but is there a "recommanded" way if I wan't to add an active crossover (like the 10B-STD) to the speakers?
Thanks!
Jay

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2643 on: 4 Mar 2018, 07:20 pm »
Hi!
I know it has been said before (can't find the page), but I was wondering if the woofer in the Bryston Mini-T is working full range.
I plan on doing horizontal biamplification with them as I have 2 of the same power amplifier, but they can't be bridged.
Also, I will start with passive biamplification, but is there a "recommanded" way if I wan't to add an active crossover (like the 10B-STD) to the speakers?
Thanks!
Jay

Hi Jay

If the Mini T you have is Passive there is no way to add an active crossover because you can not bypass the internal passive crossover.

You can passively biamp but not sure what you mean by the woofer being full range?

James

jaybill

« Reply #2644 on: 5 Mar 2018, 06:15 pm »
See reply #2596  :D
R.Jan

jaybill

« Reply #2645 on: 5 Mar 2018, 06:37 pm »
Jay5150
See reply #2596  :D what you are looking for ?
R.Jan

jay5150

« Reply #2646 on: 6 Mar 2018, 01:11 am »
See reply #2596  :D
R.Jan

Thanks James and thanks jaybill. That was the post I was looking for!
Love my Mini Ts. The result with vertical biamplification is quite impressive. Seems to add more depth to the sound and to let the speakers breath even more.  :D

veloceleste

« Reply #2647 on: 7 Mar 2018, 02:48 pm »
Thanks James and thanks jaybill. That was the post I was looking for!
Love my Mini Ts. The result with vertical biamplification is quite impressive. Seems to add more depth to the sound and to let the speakers breath even more.  :D
I just started vertically bi-amping my Mini-T's with two 2.5BSST2 amps and it sounds great! Tighter, punchier bass, more mid-range clarity and depth, and overall clearer sound. My favorite word to describe the Mini-T's is vivid.

jay5150

« Reply #2648 on: 7 Mar 2018, 09:42 pm »
I just started vertically bi-amping my Mini-T's with two 2.5BSST2 amps and it sounds great! Tighter, punchier bass, more mid-range clarity and depth, and overall clearer sound. My favorite word to describe the Mini-T's is vivid.

I agree 100% with you. Those speakers are quite forward sounding, but they sound so lively and balanced. And your experience with vertical bi-amping reflects mine. More depth, more punch, clearer bass. Everything sounds easier.

How do you like the 2.5BSST2 with your Mini T? Haven't heard them with a Bryston amp yet. I was afraid the result might have been a little bright for my taste.
Note that I just changed my setup for 2 Quad 909 amplifier to warm the sound. It feels so much smoother and easier to listen than with my previous amplifier.

veloceleste

« Reply #2649 on: 8 Mar 2018, 10:05 pm »
I agree 100% with you. Those speakers are quite forward sounding, but they sound so lively and balanced. And your experience with vertical bi-amping reflects mine. More depth, more punch, clearer bass. Everything sounds easier.

How do you like the 2.5BSST2 with your Mini T? Haven't heard them with a Bryston amp yet. I was afraid the result might have been a little bright for my taste.
Note that I just changed my setup for 2 Quad 909 amplifier to warm the sound. It feels so much smoother and easier to listen than with my previous amplifier.
I find the 2.5BSST2 amps neutral in character. They don't favor any particular area. Treble and  midrange are smooth, clear and without glare and the bass is tight. I originally was using a Hafler 9500 amp which is much more powerful @ 375 WPC into 4 ohms. The Hafler had great control, imaged well but was darker and a little grainier. It was also 20+ years old. I've never heard Quad amps so I don't know how they would compare to Bryston. I do know that I can and do sometimes listen for hours without fatigue.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2650 on: 18 Mar 2018, 08:02 pm »
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speakers – Customer Feedback

March, 2018

Hi James,

It’s been 2 months since my purchase of these Bryston Model T speakers, and I am very happy.
For my other system I am running a pair of rwo/fostex Ls4 active studio monitors and McCauley 18 inch subwoofers as seen in the picture.

For amplification I am running active 4 Bryston 7B’s lows and 2 Bryston 4B Cubed for the highs. It’s awesome sound!

I wanted a second pair of speakers I could not find anything I liked. I have had several high priced speakers come through my room and frankly they all left as nothing was satisfying me musically.

I have read so many positive reviews on the Bryston Model T that I figured I will give them a shot. I am running them with a single 4B Cube.  I feel that's all they need, more than enough power for my setup.

Overall thoughts on the Bryston Model T’s: Perfectly balanced, great bass, smooth highs, awesome sound-staging. These are not going anywhere … definite keepers, and the walnut finish is stunning.

Although there is no such thing as a perfect speaker these Model T’s do a lot of things right. I listen to them about 80 percent of the time, and when I really wanna rock out I switch over to the Fostex. Not that the Model T can’t rock out. In the end I still feel there is no replacement for displacement. That being said I dare anyone to compare the Bryston Model T to any speaker 3, 4, 5 and maybe even 6 times the price point. I have had speakers in these price points in my room and they all left … the Brystons are staying.

Good work James.

Kyle

P.S. - You know what’s funny James, as big as my setup is, the Bryston Model T’s keep up and they are very dynamic. I have never given any feedback on a product I have purchased … was not worth my time or effort. I truly am happy with this purchase - enough to give my feedback.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2018, 12:40 am by James Tanner »

TJ-Sully

« Reply #2651 on: 19 Mar 2018, 10:31 pm »
Jeeezzzzussssss that's one helluva system Kyle. I bet the Allman Brothers Band would sound killer on that setup! Well, so would everything else!  Nice!!

kyle b

« Reply #2652 on: 20 Mar 2018, 05:12 pm »
Thanks tj-sully,i was not aware this is where my feedback would go.a buddy called me to tell me,so I joined the circle. lots of info here I see

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2653 on: 20 Mar 2018, 05:16 pm »
Thanks tj-sully,i was not aware this is where my feedback would go.a buddy called me to tell me,so I joined the circle. lots of info here I see

Welcome Kyle.  :thumb:

james

TJ-Sully

« Reply #2654 on: 20 Mar 2018, 10:08 pm »

Yes man, welcome Kyle. 'Ol JT is not afraid to share great systems with the Bryston Audio Heads on the Circle.   Thanks for sharing James.   :thumb:

martydmnt

« Reply #2655 on: 22 Mar 2018, 03:12 pm »

Granted I'm listening with middle age ears, but I'd have a tough time describing the Mini T's as forward sounding. I'm running them with a B135 SST2 and find them quite balanced. I do have considerable damping in the room with couches and an area rug. They are fantastic speakers.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2656 on: 5 Apr 2018, 10:37 am »
SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T and Model T – Customer Feedback

April, 2018

James,

I have to tell you something that I am sure you know... everyone's ear is different. That being said, I have heard a lot of speakers in my time and many that I love are way out of my price range.

A really great guy from Audio Advisors who has since retired and always has given me the best advice turned me on to the Bryston Mini T's when they first came out.

No one had them that I could find in the East and i finally connected with Audio Video Therapy in Nashua , NH who by the way is  an amazing store! Talk about personal service! Mark and John are just the best! I went down to listen to them and they sounded better than speakers that cost hundreds of dollars more.

I purchased them and have been in love in my listening  ever since. Everyone who has heard them is amazed. So, I recently had a great chance to get a one year old pair of Model T' signatures from another great store in NJ. One I would highly recommend. Patrick is topnotch!

So the bottom line here is that the Bryston Model T speakers are just over the top for accuracy of sound. If you play a bad audio file, you get what you played but if you play a good one, the vocal and acoustical sound is the best I have heard.

They are phenomenal! 

Back to the Mini T's, these speakers are also amazing. I am really torn as I can't hook up both unless you have some good switch that I don't know about, but the Bryston Mini T's are the most intimate speaker I have ever heard. The Model T's are the Mini's on steroids with that great bass but I would challenge anyone to find a better speaker than the Mini’s for their size!

I guess what I am saying is thanks! I love music and these Bryston speakers have added to the enjoyment in my life significantly. Thanks for all your advice.

Tom Bacon

Ola_S

« Reply #2657 on: 5 Apr 2018, 06:51 pm »
SUBJECT: Our Norway Distributor – Congratulations!

March 2018

Hi Folks,

Bryston would like to formally offer our sincere congratulations to one of our Distributors.

T.A.A.IMPORT AS in Norway has now sold significant numbers of Bryston loudspeakers in their market area. 

NORWAY
T.AA.IMPORT AS
Email: BOAHS@online.no

By my reckoning, using the new math, given the population of Norway and the number of speakers sold I would say 1 in 3 people living in Norway now own Bryston speakers.

Thank you folks and all those involved ... we truly appreciate your efforts on our behalf!

James Tanner
V/P Bryston Ltd.

What kind of math is that? :icon_lol: Norway has 5,3 million people  :o

gene9p

« Reply #2658 on: 5 Apr 2018, 09:53 pm »
we need some mini t"s in white....these are awesome looking!!!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2659 on: 27 Apr 2018, 12:17 pm »
SUBJECT: Bryston in Poland

April 2018

Hi Folks,

Nice to see one of Poland’s premium dealers presenting the Bryston speakers and electronics to its clientele.

AUDIO STYL

Bryston is not only a recognized electronics manufacturer but also for their superb speakers.

One of the models is the Mini T we have on display in our showroom.